It was a 7/10 at best. Don't kid yourself

It was a 7/10 at best. Don't kid yourself.

Attached: H2x1_NSwitch_MetroidDread.jpg (2000x1000, 631.05K)

Even that's being a little generous. Hard to call it a 7/10 when most other indie metroidvania do what Dread did but way better while not costing $60. Metroid's appeal was always in its atmosphere and subtle storytelling, but Dread completely abandoned that, leaving nothing to separate it from the glut of similarly soulless indie metroidvanias.

This game is actually stupid.
Controls and plays nice, but it feels way too video gamey in presentation.

>Dread did but way better while not costing $60
Price shouldn't be a factor in rating the actual game. I bought it, but you can play it on Yuzu or whatever.

>still seething
best selling game in the series

>A video game feels way too video gamey in presentation

What did she mean by this?

All the previous good Metroid games (Super, Prime 1) didn't have heavy railroading and forced dialogue segments. Dread was made by people who obsessively studied textbook game design, but Super and Prime 1 were made by people who actually understood what made games immersive and enjoyable.

>shitposters still can't stop seething about this game

>fragile tendiebots interpret all critique as "shitposting"

>shitposter is a Sony faggot

Well lets be real here, the dialogue parts in the resting areas wouldn't be so bad if the pacing of the game wasn't halted by the EMMI.

Okay? Keep 'em coming

This. Also give her a bigger ass.

Play the game and you'll see.
The devs obviously made the game as fans of the series, and that's great that they love the game, but they present it how a fan would present it instead of as a true author would. They use Adam's briefings to talk about power ups and it is all very meta/4th wall in nature.
It's like they know the key points that Metroid games hit and felt like they have to include those things, then proceeded to copy/paste. I just think they are describing/showing the world through the lens of a player, not devs.

Worst thing about the game is Emmi. Foretold as some sort of threat and something to fear. When she's a loot box for power ups contained in a few short rooms. SA-X was more threatening and that thing was heavily scripted.

Attached: Seamus.png (1200x2165, 1.23M)

Solid 7 i'd say. A shame we can't see well samus in that tight suit of her though. Would be a 8 otherwise.

>Trying to do the Speed Booster Block locked Energy Tank in Artaria
That FUCKING little grub keeps respawning right after I hit the Speed Booster and fucking me up, I'm going to fucking kill somebody.

It's a good game but was bogged down by the decade old EMMI idea which didn't really add much. There certainly wasn't any dread in the game, but the series never really did give you a sense of fear outside of Metroid 1 making you afraid to die.

>O MY CHOZO FATHER
>O MY METROID DNA (that gets reverted by the end lol)
>O MY ADAM ROBOT HANDLER

Fuck this game

7/10 is pretty good