You ever just think about how we had a pretty good live action Pokémon movie and it just came and went like it never...

You ever just think about how we had a pretty good live action Pokémon movie and it just came and went like it never existed?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 67.91K)

>people just want to see a kid and his pet monsters take on the league and evil criminals along the way
>make a movie based on a spin off instead, and not even mystery dungeon

Attached: 1642059908234.jpg (285x255, 35.64K)

All the pokemon were so ugly

People talked about it for a while I don't know what more you would want

i quite enjoyed it, but i disliked the whole pikachu was his dad thing.

I mean, the movie was pretty okay. nothing too amazing so it just kinda fell off the radar.

It was bad. Vaguely based off the detective pikachu game on a dying handheld. Could have had pokemon ww2 with lt surge.

>live action
>all pokemon are cgi
what did he mean by this

because the realistic pokemon meme has always been a retarded idea, just like the gritty pokemon shit people wanted

nobody cares about niggers except mutts, why would you make a pokemon movie and give it a nigger protagonist? I thought the capitalist pigs wanted as much money as humanely possible

pokemon games kinda suck now, so the boom from the movie didn't really stay

>live action Pokemon movie

it's not possible for this good even theoretically.

It was a terrible movie and that's coming from a long time Pokemon fan. The only redeeming factor was Pikachu and it wasn't nearly enough. People who thought it was good are just fooling themselves.

The Pokemon CGi was worse than stuff from 20 years ago and the human acting and human characters were awful. The plot was pretty poor too.

going to third world countries
catching endangered species
using the latest medical tech to inject performance designer drugs
so that you can have an animal that tears up other ones at high end versions of cock fighting

>bad concept
The movie was received to well to be called bad, but the video game was kind of a sleeper, so it defonitely was a questionable choice
>make it about Pikachu killing Hitler instead
Oh fuck right off

I desperately want to see some poor cunt drenched in teal paint with a flower glued to his back groveling around on the ground while screaming 'Bulbasaur' at the top of his lungs.
How would one go about blackmailing Hollywood Jews in order to make this dream a reality - preferably without being Epsteined in the process?

Counterpoint: *Bollywood produced* live-action pokemon movie.
Eh?
Eeeeeh?

I watched it for the first time the other day.
Only Ryan Reynolds seems happy to be there, all other actors and voice actors seemed disinterested or like they wanted to kill themselves

Still think it's about the money, huh?

Attached: 1509966910324.jpg (800x450, 36.24K)

Considering they banked on it while it released during Endgame's box office dominance, it was DOA

>The movie was received to well
Its a fucking pokemon movie, everyone will watch it even if its dogshit

Blame Legendary, TPC was pretty satisfied with the results but it didn't made enough cash for Legendary to consider a sequel.

Getting a lot of eyes on it is not the same as being lauded as good

Garbage art style. Serves them right for signing on with the "hurr durrr Pokemon but realistic" hack artist.

In the capeshit era, it is

god I hate that faggot, and the sheer amount of redditors sucking his cock when it came out causing him to go on a twitter tirade about how good his vision is and how superior realistic Pokémon can be

The pokemon games are lauded as good and they're absolute dogshit still being carried off the momentum of being the big thing 30 years ago

Nope. Looked like shit. Never watched.

I bought this fancy book they made for it

Attached: 1627836019499.png (2560x1205, 2.45M)

No they're not people wouldn't shut up about how bad sword and shield was

It was really obvious what the twist was going to be as soon as they showed the ultra dark mother.

Looking at this, it's almost sad how much effort went into attempting to create this world as something real only to see how it bombed.

Yes they are. Gen 8 sold more than Gen 2. Pokemon is CoD/Fifa tier, people don't care if it's good they just want to console more.

>we had a pretty good live action Pokémon movie
It was a 6/10 movie. Nothing too fascinating about it and as one dimensional and sterile as possible. The only good part of it was the realistic pokemon but thats it. The only good pokemon movie is the first one with mewtwo

The sad thing is that the same amount of work goes into so many movies and shows and games out there, but there's just so much of it that it never gets fully appreciated.