What is your honest opinion of Resident Evil Village?

What is your honest opinion of Resident Evil Village?

Attached: 1629909710018.jpg (1800x2160, 303.67K)

Mommy! :D

Attached: 54d606e4951cb275ba67f8318d550c10.jpg (564x997, 71.68K)

Great art design, story, characters, setting, music, but as a Resident Evil GAME it sucks. It tries to turn RE7 into RE4 so it ends up being a linear corridor shooter where the combat sucks and the enemies aren't fun to fight.

Attached: ethan.jpg (827x827, 178.58K)

One of my favourite games of last year. It's basically RE4-2, which is all good in my books.

Its good

Barely decent.
The third person mode will probably make it better but it still won't be great.

5/10
Everything is great until the castle section ends and it goes downhill from there only getting better at Heisenberg and even then not by much. Really they should have focused much more on Miranda

Fixed the inventory so best resi game thus far, also Heisenberg

>ends up being a linear corridor shooter where the combat sucks
Yep. Peaking at Donna which is just a long long cutscene.

Fantastic environmental art and arguably the best cast of characters Capcom cooked up in the last few years but as a game it's just competent and the cracks show very fast in back to back playthroughs. It could have been one of the best games in the series if they expanded on some ideas and refined the gameplay which, for me, is what hurts the most - that very palpable notion of what the game could have been.
I'll get the DLC because the new Mercs looks fun but I'm resigned to the notion that Capcom will not do a single thing to the main game besides 3rd person mode.

Attached: alcina dimitrescu250.jpg (3277x4096, 1.6M)

RE8 is mediocre as fuck but the castle section is pretty shite. The whole area is completely linear and braindead with "puzzle" items effectively being given to you just for going forward.
The factory is about the only half decent area in the game.

>but I'm resigned to the notion that Capcom will not do a single thing to the main game besides 3rd person mode.
They can't really do anything without just making a remake of half the game.

Retarded fun.

Thought it was stupid how all the characters spoke with American accents, despite being Romanians, Germans, Italians. Shit like that makes me autistically angry. Should of been able to side with Heisenberg, as well.
Duke was based.

Attached: image_2022-07-23_123627377.png (2048x1448, 2.49M)

Yeah I know but that's really the point that the castle is the peak. Alcina barely works as a stalker, the puzzles are non-existent, and they don't properly use the story. But it still manages to be better than the rest, the factory isn't too good for me.

Its always been like that

They could being back exclusive upgrades like the ones in RE4, add some new mechanics like a just frame block that gives Ethan iframes and less damage. Other things like "shuffling" the puzzles in the Beneviento house so replays aren't just auto-piloting through. Stuff like that.
For proper content, some new enemies like a snake-version of the castle dregs (coiled in ceilings for drops or around corners) and humanoid-fish monsters in the reservoir would be interesting. And I've said plenty of times, more Chris sections throughout the game would be easy to include without breaking the story's "all in one day" premise and would add a lot to the game. Imagine a secret level where Chris gets roofied in the Beneviento house and hallucinates a ridiculous shoot-out against the village lord puppets Capcom made to promote the game.

Attached: donna beneviento2.png (828x1024, 1.48M)

Attached: 200[1].gif (356x200, 1.94M)

>Mediocre fps
>Bad Re game
I coomed alot so I guess that makes it up for its shortcomings

Daughterchads... We won

Attached: Mommy proud of Dani.jpg (1920x1080, 323.36K)

Trash. Why not just make this a new IP? Instead of piggy backing on RE name.

The colors look a little different. new filter?

We gonna see some bug-on-bug crime with a side of furniture to the head.

Attached: deez nuts n' bolts.jpg (3840x2160, 3.92M)

Attached: Mommy Smackdown Spectacular.webm (778x360, 1.25M)