Rockstar didn't think they should maybe give this guy a single redeeming quality so that he'd at least be a little bit...

Rockstar didn't think they should maybe give this guy a single redeeming quality so that he'd at least be a little bit interesting? The plot would be significantly better if the player was actually given a legitimate reason to not want him dead from the moment they meet him

Attached: ahl86goyhzk51[1].jpg (623x640, 55.19K)

It made me so angry having to kill an entire town to free him

Same, and then you’re wanted there too. Should have been an option to let him rot in that jail cell. Or just outright kill him.

I just like the horses

It's a story designed for mass appeal. Consoomer drones got frustrated abd confused when you don't clearly define what to do, where to go, who to root for and who to hate.

I enjoyed the game a lot, but the story is very basic and poorly written

it would have been better if he was the main character instead of that pussy Arthur

Making him a massive scumbag but also the most loyal of the bunch (and not making him the most obvios backstabber in the world) would have probably made him my favourite character. What we got from him was generic af.

I didn't even consider him to be the rat because I was so uninvested in the story I didn't try connecting any plot threads

It would be better if the game was like gta having a threesome of mc with different views and role in the gang ala gta5

There is no connection besides the trend of rockstar games that the asshole character betrays you since vice city

I don't even know why they made him such a big player in the story. Having Dutch go insane through some (cartoonishly) evil influence just cheapens his fall from grace. It

> oh cool so this guys kind of like Trevor, kind of a psycho but loyal to the gang, he’s kinda cool. Way better than Arthur
A few hours later
> wheres that motherfucking rat I’ll kill that son of a bitch

YJK

>kind of a psycho but loyal to the gang, he’s kinda cool. Way better than Arthur
And he should have stayed that way.

The story was written by a 13 year old thinking he's Cormac McCarthy.

Agreed, but unfortunately "You're a cunt, but I know I can trust you when I need to" is too complex apparently

imagine expecting good writing from rockstar games

yeah, it's weird, because the writing in rdr1 was pretty stellar

Eh, I kind of liked having just an irredeemable piece of shit as an antagonist; it actually stood out as unique compared to the complexity of most villains at the time.

I think the fault is that it makes the story too predictable, I think the solution wpuld be to have more of the gang be assholes rather than Robin Hood; have Hosea and Charles (murdering poachers not withstanding), and Sadie, if she must be there, be more unique, with John neutral, Arthur dependent, and Dutch unpredictable.

Don't know what the fuck happened to Rockshart. GTA4-RDR1-MP3 had so much better writing than the miserable shit they put out afterwards.

>all these contrarians in this thread pretending they hate Arthur
It’s ok to like the good guy, user

He's not a good guy. He's a hypocritical cuck piece of shit.