Ahhh, jerusalem... home

youtu.be/ZU_w0TxKe0I
ahhh, jerusalem... home

Attached: jerusalem ac.jpg (1676x943, 245.94K)

I love Jesper Kyd, he makes such beautiful music, The Chamber of Secrets music is amazing

Bros, has anyone ever transcribed the lyrics for this? I hope it's not dog latin, sounds real

>replay AC 1 and 2
>almost overwhelmed by the sheer level of SOVL compared to nuAC
Damn. They really fucked and milked this franchise way too hard

Beautiful games. AC 1 has such a great atmosphere that I actually walked to my objectives instead of running, blending into the crowds and only running when no one's around.
The only flaw AC 1 has is a LOT of unskippable dialogue. Everything else is perfect, it's a meditative experience. No distractions, no bullshit, just your hidden blade, sword, throwing knives, dagger and fists. Although they should've kept the crossbow, wtf, why did they even remove it?
It's also the only one with actual fucking assassins and templars. It really was an order, you felt like a professional. They really should've made more Altair games. And I mean proper games.

I was also impressed with how everything looked. Insane graphics for a 2007 game.

Not to mention how they portrayed both sides with templars being misunderstood and assassins being jewed by their own leader.

>nuAC has worse parkour than the very first game with noticeably worse animations
How is this possible after so many games?

Because it turned into assembly line games. Also the huge open world gimmik forced them to simplify parkour so you could climb any environment.

>ahhh, jerusalem... home
are you jewish or muslim?

I hate to be that guy but AC1 aged really badly in terms of pacing. Most of the time you're just watching people talk or slowly walking and listening to people talk. I know this shit is in every AC game but it feels mutliplied by a thousand in this one. Also the fact that you can't skip any cutscene or dialogue, fuck that.

>. Also the huge open world gimmik forced them to simplify parkour so you could climb any environment.
I don't think this makes sense since it was always a huge open-world.
Sure it's bigger now, but the things you climb are also so much simpler than all the intricate buildings.
Unity was a huge open-world Paris and it looks infinitely better than Odyssey parkour for example.
It is not that they were forced to simplify the parkour, it is that the devs are shitty.

I'm a blade in the crowd,
That could be interpreted as a flaw, but it's really the part of the experience. Taking it slow, walking and looking around, listening, it's like an interactive film.
I replayed it with the hud turned off completely, it was amazing. The rafiq in the bureaus actually tell you were to go, if you remember the landmarks, you can traverse and track the objectives easily.
It does get tedious if you want to stab and kill guys, there should b a mod to skip dialogue. Maybe there is one.

Actually, the is a major flaw present in later games as well - when they pull you out of the immersive, beautiful world into the real life animus bullshit. It's fucking shit, ubishit should've completely dropped it and made a series of historical games long ago.

>filthy zoomers now have nostalgia for shit creed, that was literally the begining of the end for AAA
kys

Atmosphere in this game - ludo

Recently replayed this. Was surprised by how kino the OST is.

You can really feel some Hitman influences. While investigating you'll get maps with guard positions and such, they really want you to make a plan for the assassinations. It's a real shame they completely dropped all that with 2.
Unity tried to bring a little bit of Hitman influence back with its assassination missions where you can unlock some alternate routes and assassination methods but they were very limited. And of course starting with Origins it completely turned to shit.

yeah, it fucking blew my mind as a kid
I wouldn't say it was the cause, everything is fucking deteriorating, man, the industry, the culture
Don't even pretend AC II wasn't absolutely fucking amazing at the time, bro, you were probably shitting and cumming
It wasn't shit like today, the second game was great
It's still great, but back then it was fucking world-changing

Parroting Any Forumstard opinion doesn't make it right.
AC1 is genuinely SOVL and was made by passionate and creative people who cared about making something unique

I'm not parroting shit stupid zoomie. I hated that """game""" at the time and I was right. copy paste ""gameplay"" and long stupid non-game narrative phase where you follow some roastie talking bullshit. That was awful.

AC didn't cause games to decrease in quality you fagit

Yeah yeah zoomie, enjoy your "based" arab assassin killing le evil white templars, faggot.

you DID get all the flags, right user?

>roastie
This is how I know you didn't play the game, there are no female characters aside from Altair's wife
What a fucking retard, it didn't have politics back then, the industry wasn't pozzed, don't shit it up now
The assassins weren't portrayed as heroes, in fact, Altair's actions are dubious at best, the templars made a lot of sense and most templars you kill in the game are middle eastern
I think literally three of the nine are white

Remember to thank Jade for her game.

I also love the attention to details. Some of the "collectible" templars spoke french, some spoke in arabic, and I think some even speak turkish.
You got filtered. Listening to master's lectures, gathering intel is pure kino
No, that's just retarded shit for autists, but I did kill every knight I saw.
>didn't get the flags and outright refused to pick the ones that were on the ground
>only climbed the view points I needed to progress