Now that the settled have dusted, what did it think of you?

Now that the settled have dusted, what did it think of you?

Attached: inddex.jpg (299x169, 7.95K)

too stressful for me
it literally gave me burnout

post that "thats not a game anymore thats a real life" pasta

If the combat was better it would be a 10/10

I think some of the story elements could've worked better.

> Rubin dissappears after you help him
> Having the biggest difficulty spike be a random sidequest in day 5 is just odd
> The Inquisitor randomly falls in love with you after two days
> Army was a lot less brutal and authoritarian than they should've been

First game was better in every conceivable way.
>dark drum and bass soundtrack, felt like HL's
>unsettling atmosphere, flying angel clouds genuinely spook you
>knife tossing bandits that looked fearsome
>foreman oyun looked like a gigachad instead of a meme frankenstein's monster
above all
>game is actually finished and you can play all three routes

Too much SOVL.
A SOVL overload, if you will.

Attached: tumblr_da6dda0be6dfbb5a1760a24b67520075_0187cd01_540.jpg (540x683, 32.94K)

I had the problem. Making hard choices that lock other things out drives me insane and keeps me from playing. I know I would like the game and it’s narrative but I guess I’m to neurotic for it.

where are the other fucking routes you god damned slavs

Attached: chad hanging in there.png (646x1284, 301.92K)

Easily best game I played in the last 10 years. Then again I may be biased, I have been an insane fan of Pathologic 1 since like 2007.
There is plenty of flaws in it, but overal, it's still absolutely fucking amazing, and it's kinda miraculous how they managed to improve on the already fascinating formula of the original.

I agree on some of the points. Inquisitor's sudden love is a bit TOO sudden. Overal, I think Inquisitor is a far better character in P2 than she was in P1 - her whole "metanarrative awakening" is far better explained and has much more depth and tragedy to it, but it is true they may have had to sacrifice more personal connections to Artemy.
It's also possible that their love story may have been somewhat reduced in order to expand on the relationship between Artemy and Lara.

Rubin's storyline is also a bit awkward, like they didn't have the time to correctly implement all of it.

I do disagree on the issue of the difficulty spike and feel more torn on the issue of army though. The difficulty spike feels appropriate. P1 had the same, but it had it on day 2-4. I think this sudden cold shower is actually very appropritate.
As for army - I felt like they were a bit more menacing than in the first game, but you generally don't get to interact with them that much as Artemy. They are much more Daniils problem.

My personal gripes are mostly with how they changed Victoria in a bit less likable character, the fact that they dropped Hunchback's daughter completely from the story, how rushed the last few days feel, and how they made the "true" ending a fair bit easier to achieve, taking out some of the bite from the game.

I think we can all safely say you never played either of the games, and are just absolutely desperate to showcase your amazing "old good new bad" attitude.

Attached: 7_0fcqAFf.jpg (3440x1440, 351.46K)

I'm a bit split on whether it's a perfect masterpiece or not, the mechanics work so well together that it's difficult to argue against any particular inclusion, but I do think the time restrictions are a bit too harsh considering how a lot of the game is just travelling efficiently, which has huge impacts on how first and subsequent playthroughs play out, and also limits exploration. I also agree that the last few days felt very rushed.
> As for army - I felt like they were a bit more menacing than in the first game, but you generally don't get to interact with them that much as Artemy. They are much more Daniils problem.
In my view the Army should've been this brutal occupying superimposed force dictating the population with an iron fist, and having both negative and positive effects from this. Instead they're mostly just occasionally killing thieves or are loot oppurtunities. I wanted to see more roadblocks, setting houses on fire, public mass executions and more types of war crime behaviour, maybe even soldiers acting out and then hiding behind being protected by the army. They're just too useful and positive, even if they almost level the town the game goes way too far in the whole "oh please don't make the level the town, I'll do anything not to", it felt way too positive and nice for Pathologic.

>but I do think the time restrictions are a bit too harsh
I think this is integral to the experience. I can't imagine the game working without it. Yeah, it is harsh, but that is the point. The game is a harsh lesson by design. I felt like the time limit was very well balanced, once you start being efficient and smarter with your planning and time-spending. Once I learned just how powerful is the sleep health regen, I was routinely ending days with enough spare time to spend a good few hours each evening in the steppe hunting for Twyre.

>In my view the Army should've been this brutal occupying superimposed force dictating the population with an iron fist,
I'm not sure about that. Back in P1, the army wasn't an iron fist cruel occupants. Bloch is one of the most kind and altruistic characters in the game, and majority of the army was fiercely loyal to him.
Most of the conflicts and brutal actions in P1 were done by the small rebel squad, that Danill ends up literally slaughtering.
The one BIG gameplay difference there is, however, is the fact that unlike in P1, the script that makes soldiers hostile to player if he is above certain level of infection, is now basically pointless in P2. Because in P1, the plague was FAR more unavoidable, but also far easier to manage, to a point where in the late game, the player was almost guaranteed to be infected, and it was better just managing your infection, than trying to stay completely clean. But that made you at risk of soldier attacks.
In P2, plague is easier to avoid, but MUCH faster at killing you. It's ALWAYS better to just burn a miracle than to try to live with the plague.
As such, the soldiers stopped being a mechanical threat to the player.

>I was routinely ending days with enough spare time to spend a good few hours each evening in the steppe hunting for Twyre.
The problem is that when players realize where the quest markers are, there's a strong incentive just to reload a previous save and take a more efficient route, with the only penalty being the players boredom, and the time does seem to be balanced around the player at least have some idea on where to go. The pantomime revealing Dead Item Shop I think was a bit mich considering how far away these often end up being from one another, which rewards players to go the Pantomime and then just reloading a save and taking the shorter route, which then is just a less efficient version of looking the location up online.
> Army
I'm making more of a thematic point. It just makes more sense narratively and structurally as the plague version and everything falls apart around you for the army not to actually be a stablizing force of moral good, but just another tightening of the noose. Pathologic is set up so that every change in the town is an "oh fuck" curveball, the army's influence is downright positive.

I haven't played 1, so I'll take your word for it.

Attached: 2462436.jpg (3840x2160, 1.21M)

Attached: 34734747.jpg (3840x2160, 880.28K)

Attached: 2346236.jpg (3840x2160, 391.48K)

> Everyone talks extensively about symbolism
> No one ever talks about why the Polyhedron is shaped like a wasps stinger

Attached: 34672346.jpg (3840x2160, 791.95K)

You lads mind telling me about how long a run takes? Get stressed from making choices that lock others out but if it’s a pretty quick run then that’s not so bad. Never played more than an hour so I’m assuming my first few would take longer.

Attached: 27623672.jpg (3840x2160, 236.55K)

top three games of the last decade

Probably about 30-35 hours