Get three free months of Gamepass™

>get three free months of Gamepass™
>finally try this meme series
>it plays awfully
>look up Insane difficulty playthroughs of 2 and 3 just to gauge how the series turned out
>looks identical each time
Holy shit, it's honestly embarrassing for the Xbox brand that Gears of War was ever as big as it was.

Attached: gears_ultimate.jpg (825x1050, 100.52K)

more like tears of war

More like queers of war

more like shears of fur

Don't play on insane and you can be more aggressive and use other weapons more. The games thrive in co-op so if you aren't playing it on the couch with your bros you'll never get the full experience anyways, it's over.

Wait till you try out the Halo series.

The trailers and fans make it out to be some epic adult war story. But in reality the game is about these silly little monkey midgets coming out of spaceships from the sky and you shoot them with colorful plastic toy guns.

Yeah honestly I went for whatever difficulty was below Insane and I still wasn't having fun.

I'm used to Halo because I actually did get to play that with my bros. I don't think it was particularly great but at least I saw some of the normie appeal

it was never a good series
at most it was a graphics tech demo

Nah. You most likely dislike Gears of War due to the steep learning curve of the cover based shooter genre. You're going to be horrible at gears for a few months but will SLOWLY improve. Keep at it kiddo.

Gears Of War (although using a lot of cover) took things back to the roots of 1990s FPS design and that is movement trumps cover and damage sponging. Oddly enough the outcome of the cover mechanic and main weapon gnasher shotty (rather than the standard rifle in every single other FPS' out there) is a combat style which revolves a lot around maneuverability and movement like the older FPS' rather than the usual "I see you first so you're dead" combat style. This is why the skill curve is so much steeper than the other FPS'. This is why the game requires more time and tactics compared to the other modern FPS'. This is why Gears segregates itself further from the FPS herd compared to "mundanely similar to CoD" FPS' of today which quite frankly is every single one. Destiny, Borderlands, Halo, Battlefield it goes on and on.

Attached: MatureMindlessChinesecrocodilelizard.gif (444x250, 3.25M)

That looks fucking awful, the fact that wallbouncing became Gears' signature move is testament enough to how shitty the game was to begin with.

>took things back to the roots of 1990s FPS design
Kill yourself

It's a kino series with very distinguishable aspects. And it's a mix of 80's war movies, action movies, and horror/post-apo.
Faggots, women and trannies will never understand the appeal of Gears.

>it's honestly embarrassing for the Xbox brand that Gears of War was ever as big as it was.
Found someone who started playing last gen.
Gears of War literally set the standards for controls in third person shooters.

Even Uncharted copied GOW, you can even feel how over the shoulder aiming in Uncharted 1 was more of an afterthought, considering how generous the auto aim was when hip firing.
There's a reason Hitman 2-BM had first person mode. Before OTS aiming, third person aiming sucked dick and there was no universal standard.

OK incel

You will never be a woman, ugly trannoid

Why is it so much to ask for to properly get to play 2 and 3 on PC? Microsoft already put 5 on steam why not the rest? Just put the series enhanced verions on pc.

people only cared about these series for their multiplayer

Halo and Gears were always nothing special. There were mainly loved because of the 360 bro multiplayer kids who had them growing up.

>t. poorfag who's parents couldn't afford the once in a lifetime multiplayer experience in the golden age.

The first games of the Gears of War series have too much testosterone for the average soi gaymer
I suggest you play another 3rd person shooter with more estrogen like tomb raider, the last of us, or Control

wallbouncers should be shot

No, I played Warhawk.