Why is SMT never as popular as Persona?

It makes no sense.
Demon girls>Retarded high school girls

Attached: 1612840810998.png (2080x2930, 3.59M)

nu-persona is popular because of like 3% of the game

Because Nintendo doesn’t include more exclusively deal.

Shin Megami Tensei is hard as fuck, while persona is hard but not that hard
t. Haven't played neither

It's not character driven, it's not even story driven that much, if they gave a story or development to those demons then there would be a higher opinion. It also doesnt help that the a demon with a story is just another copy that you have seen 8 times in other smt or Persona game.
Imagine if Nadja in smt 2 had been given an actual character arc instead like literally 5 minutes of screen time.

Attached: sample-5ee277b91949e7e25da180e0edb8ec2d.jpg (850x850, 79.38K)

SMT is slightly harder and less story focused. It's also less of an escapist fantasy and more of just a fantasy.

Persona has the relatable modern high-school setting and the dating mechanics

Before Pokémon but adult.

Persona lets you date the waifus and it's a high school simulator. You can't date demon girls in SMT and you don't live out a high school fantasy.

The games target different audiences. SMT is targeted at people who focus more on the gameplay/demon customization elements for the most part. Depending on the SMT title like raidou/devil survivor/strange journey, theres a relatively smaller story focus compared to Persona and longer playtime attributed to combat. Persona builds on story and fleshing out characters for the audience. It lets you self insert (somewhat) with the silent protag and has a slice of life theme when not fighting. Persona hits ticks the boxes for a much larger audience than SMT games do. For example look at the following Fire Emblem had before awakening came out and let you date/have kids with characters. It was in that title/subsequent titles when fire emblem exploded in popularity by toning down tactical elements and amping up story/characters.

Demonio sexo

Attached: 1653539447708.jpg (1024x788, 93.91K)

the ONLY reason i played persona (4) as a kid was because it looked like a high school anime
there is no way 12 year old me would ever have played something like nocturne
i assume the same is true for most persona fans

Modern Persona is a mix of baby's first VN and baby's first JRPG.
That's not even me shitting on the games, just being honest. I like the games but they're entry level gateway games.

The demon girls get fused away and are usually weak shitters.

i never understood

It shows. SMT is hard but not that hard, and Persona is brain dead easy.

I like how OP says it as if Persona doesn't have the same fucking exact demon girls. Of course the footfag has to be the retard to start the thread off.

Sadly, normies can't comprehend something better than their plantation.

Attached: SMT Nekomata 2.jpg (3297x2060, 3.54M)

Because SMT is a simple dungeon crawler. Persona is a dungeon crawler among many other things. Persona is popular because 90% of people find just dungeon crawling exceedingly boring. I like SMT, but it's not hard to see why people prefer Persona.

Because it isn't an anime high school simulator where everyone sucks your dick.

Honestly the reason I don't like Persona is because of all the school and social link crap. The dungeons get better each game, but I can't be assed to go through the in between.

To his point, demons are non-characters in 3 and 4 since there's no negotiations and you fight shadows.

Persona doesn't let you have 3 sexy demon girls fighting by your side at all times. It's shit.

persona is a dating sim for people too insecure to play dating sims.

It’s boring and uninteresting. Truly Persona without the heart or soul.

Sexo with pés

Lack of any interesting story or characters to care about, which is pretty important in long ass rpgs. Chaos vs order is not an interesting theme anymore honestly.

Persona is a proper video game with the option to select a love interest at the end. It is not and has never been a dating dim, and the dating aspect is a the most minor part of the appeal.