Friday XCOM

Hey people. Let's play some XCOM, the 1994 classic from Microprose. I'll need YOUR advice on all matters tactical, strategic, and naming wise. Let's kill the ayyliens!

Attached: 1994boxart.jpg (800x938, 106.38K)

Alright, difficulty. My brain has shrunk significantly as I've already entered the "video game" board, V, so I'll only be playing on 4/5 difficulty. For reference, 2 would be "Normal" difficulty by today's standards.

Attached: dif4.png (1287x1079, 90.67K)

I struggled to beat the game on the bugged easiest difficulty looking forward to this

Now we need to choose our base location. What place (above land) on mother earth would be the ideal site, gentlemen?

Attached: home.png (1117x1033, 46.05K)

israel

Australia

Here you are, but now we've got to come up with a name. An ingenious name that will reflect the best qualities of the XCOM project.

Attached: well.png (1743x1075, 201.48K)

your moms asshole

Okay, had to shorten it a bit and remove the spaces for it to get in, but we're here.

First come, first serve. Give me your best one at a time, everyone!

Attached: assh.png (1920x1080, 52.7K)

Buy rocket tanks autocanons with explosive rounds and proximity grenades. Research Laser Pistols and psionics ASAP. Arm interceptors with short range missiles.

Best names, specifically. Eight names for our valorous soldiers. We'll have more coming soon, of course. Here's what the base looks like right now, aswell.
Armored vehicles make the game far too easy, psionics aswell. The most I'll use this game is the Mind Probe (an item that lets you see an alien's health, energy, etc, no offensive capabilities)

Attached: aas.png (1920x1080, 79.27K)

Psycho Esther

Good luck commander

Max Force

Alright, I've put these names in, and looking at how slow the thread is I'll need you all to contribute a couple of names each. Six left.

Meanwhile, we've already detected our first UFO. Three and a half hours after the XCOM project initiated. This is a really bad omen. So give me those names quick, people!

Attached: firstcontakt.png (1739x1073, 54.92K)

>So give me those names quick, people!
Dick Justice.

Unfortunately, the UFO is going too fast to intercept. The starting Interceptor we have can only travel at 2100. It escaped off to the west, presumably crossing the atlantic. We'll stay on watch, though!

In the meantime, I'm adjusting the base. When aliens raid an XCOM base, they come in through the hangers (the big ones housing planes) and the access lift (that red circle). We'll build two new hangars on the top, and when they're complete destroy the two ones at the bottom so we can funnel the aliens more effectively.

Attached: basedesign.png (1920x1080, 320.78K)

The Bagger 288

Yo OP, on the off-chance you're interested there's a general over on /vg/ that includes XCOM, in case this thread gets bumped off you can continue there

Attached: 1455676024130.jpg (1280x720, 63.09K)

Attached: 1393716598414.jpg (407x405, 98.73K)

bump

Right... so we haven't gotten any more names. We still have space for five... unless the unnamed all die in this mission. Oh well.

The UFO came back a few days later and actually landed extremely close to our base, just in the middle of Libya. Our eight troops begin landing procedures, and their fame begins...

Attached: mis1land.png (1732x1078, 219K)

fuck xeno scum

Attached: images (75).jpg (497x617, 51.97K)

Max Force is our first to get off the ship. He steps off, spots an alien some distance away. Immediately crouching, preparing to fire... and the alien immediately fires, hitting him.
Miraculously, despite being hit with a plasma pistol shot, he is alive. Though, his wounds will slowly bleed him to death- nobody thought to bring some gauze in the dropship.

Attached: freshofftheshipmis1.png (1920x1080, 387.07K)

Name the one with the highest strength Jim Ratter

Put me in coach
I'll be Gronch "CIA" Bronch

Attached: 1653935485311.gif (280x358, 3.06M)

Damn you, he'll make it!