This is the most overrated piece of junk I’ve seen this decade...

This is the most overrated piece of junk I’ve seen this decade. I hate how wormbrain drones think this bland garbage is comparable to Metroid and Castlevania when it doesn’t deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as them.

Attached: C92AB278-340A-4FBF-9BB7-D411A27E96DA.jpg (640x369, 312.3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

files.catbox.moe/y3eoil.mp3
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i like it

babbys first platform game with nice art

>overrated
Sure, maybe.
>junk
Ok, this is just bait.
1/10 made me reply

Metroid and castlevania are both overrated as fuck.

Name a better Metroidvania

Hollow Knight is so good bros

Attached: hollow-knight-grub.gif (498x353, 2.04M)

it's a very fun game all around, but people really do overrate it a bit, still one of the best medroidvanias des

Attached: 1637102382260.jpg (464x466, 70.17K)

FAAAA
FONDAAAAA

It seems impossible to enjoy this game if you've played more than ten sidescrollers before. It's all been done before and much better.

Metroid has never been executed properly (the best games all have some major flaw) and Castlevania lacks ambition in the exploration department. Hollow Knight is the best all-rounder.

files.catbox.moe/y3eoil.mp3

>that one part in deepnest with like 3 of these things

Attached: 1658447195067981.png (439x452, 71.94K)

Remember when we had fun talking about videogames we like?
Ye, me neither.

Attached: 1624523005903.jpg (850x565, 43.01K)

Explain.

he got saw bladed

>that cocoon with a bench in it
>several bugs standing there with weird dialogue
>creepy music
>can't dreamnail the bugs
deepnest was kino

Attached: 1646600779698.gif (498x277, 2.16M)

It's the pinnacle of the genre.

>enter a thread full of people hating on something
>Demand that they stop and love it instead because you're a selfish little turd

Shut the fuck up homo bitch don't ever post on this website again

i played this game for almost 2 hours then expressed my honest opinion about this, then i got into an argument with some fag the other day and he swore by his life that this game gets 100x better after the first few hours and i had "only played the tutorial", so i decided to give it another VERY FAIR(pic related) chance and guess what, my opinion on it just cemented, the gameplay is completely average and didnt change at all, you get the exact same skills from every other game in the genre, dash,wall slide,not shinespark,charge shot,downwards slam,generic projectile etc
there's also a problem with useless rooms, most times you try to explore all you get is an alternate path to the same location with literally nothing in it, just to discourage exploring, and yes enemies are nothing special in case you're wondering
there was also some arena thing that piqued my interest but it was not only very easy but also boring and took like 10 minutes, because it was literally "defeat 100 generic enemies", i don't see myself ever wanting to go back to it
also the map system plain sucks, tried too hard to be innovative and just made things impractical
the ds bloodstain mechanic really sucks too because i cant explore another route if i die rushing through enemies trying to figure out where 2 go

but what boggles my mind the most is how boring it looks despite the praise, everything about the visuals is so damn repetitive, every room of each area looks the same, and most areas look heavily similar because of the generic cartoon/flash game artstyle and desaturated+tint visual choice, it gets horrendous after just a few hours; enemies and background are drawn in the same style, so are platforms making it very hard to distinguish them depending on the area, and then you have foreground elements obscuring everything in some other areas, it's so ass and just doesn't fit a videogame

gay pretentious characters

if 5/10 is completely average then i rate this 3.75/10 overall

Attached: Untitled.png (740x117, 157.62K)

he's trying to fit in

I don’t want to have fun. I want to ruin other people’s fun.

Attached: 2FF6B55A-0AB7-429B-8991-5E7B909C6873.jpg (827x817, 117.33K)

>full of people hating on something
where

mucho texto

I haven't played it but I know for a fact that games can grow on you after a period of time. That's how the human brain works, it becomes pleased with the familiar.

Whether or not this is wrong or right morally is up to you. But it is indeed a phenomenon that occurs.

name examples of games that are 5/10, 8/10 and 9/10.

Your illiteracy is powerful as fuck holy shit

Please teach me how to ignore reality as hard as you. Sensei.

lmao