Open world games

>open world games

Attached: 1658123893979215.gif (700x394, 3.85M)

The problem is open plain fields, if they all had dense jungles like Monster Hunter it would be okay

>souls like
>Crafting

Attached: 1658484538448.png (1594x1212, 169.47K)

Godspeed little buddy

Where is he going?

Home

Attached: FFXc39iXMAsuYQO.jpg (1048x1036, 305.55K)

>dragon's_dogma.gif

To find himself.

Attached: Penguin.webm (1280x720, 2.76M)

The quest objective, obviously.

Wherever he wants. For the first time in his life, he's truly free.

But why?

I don’t see a Griffin divebombing the penguin

not towards content that's for sure.

No cap I hate how all open worlds are Ubisoft games fr fr this mid trend from the past few years better end soon on god

>Big number sell big games
>Massively blow out your scope to stay with the times of big numbers big game
>Can't keep up and have to keep taking shortcuts while the marketing team picks up the slack
>You get the big numbers in some irrelevant areas but your games are turning into shit and you keep having to scale back your other content and the marketing team keeps pushing the irrelevant numbers
>Eventually your budget goes down while the marketing team gets a bigger budget
>Upper management and the shareholders have all been bamboozled by the marketing and they want the big number to go up
>You can't return to the glory days with your passionless team of wageslaves but you can make the big numbers go up
Openworld games are practically by nature going to be sucked dry by their own marketing while hollowing out their company.

Only way it can end is to debloat massively but you can't market a small, concise and cohesive world very well, it's much easier to market how many square miles the map size is.

That's itIt's way harder to convince someone that "you are really good and fun in bed" than just "I have a 20 cm dick"

Morrowind is the only recent open world game with a good open world and it was 20 years ago. Instant fast travel anywhere has just been a bad decision for open world games. The fact that fast travel in Morrowind has to be done through the game world and outside of Mark/Recall you cannot just teleport anywhere gives the world a bigger sense of immersion and makes exploration actually meaningful.

100 percent completion isn't going to complete itself

kino

I WALK A LONELY ROAD