Jedi: Fallen Order has it's issues but it may legitimately be the best Star Wars game I've ever played - and I played...

Jedi: Fallen Order has it's issues but it may legitimately be the best Star Wars game I've ever played - and I played Lego Star Wars on PS2 as a kiddo. Used to be a huge SW nerd when I was a kid and then fell away from it for years, with the sequels and Disneyfication only pushing me further away from my former enjoyment.
This game has changed all that. I never thought I would be excited about seeing a crashed Clone Wars-er star destroyer, but here we are. Bonus points if this turns into a lightsaber appreciation thread. Orange saber is cool as fuck and I didn't pre-order so dunno how I even have it, but am glad I do.

Also BD-1>>>>>BB8.

Attached: Ubisoft Star Wars Open World Game Main.jpg (852x479, 51.05K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eRSFjkXilaM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

*era

Would be instant cult classic if you played as a qtp twi'lek with skimpy loinclot

Imagine being excited over Uncharted: Starwars cosplay when theres force unleashed , rouge squadron 3 rebel strike and all that shit from the 2000s that wasnt woke bullshit

I played it for 2 hours and then refunded it. I'm bored of dark souls combat. Also I'm tired of star wars games not utilizing light sabers properly, they aren't beat sticks. Horribly boring game, Jedi academy is where star wars games peaked.

Attached: 1658002477428.jpg (1024x1016, 169.58K)

>PS2
>as a kiddo

Aw shit user, you are my nigga. The crash site/ice caves/Venator wreckage was my favorite area in the game. Similar vibes:
youtube.com/watch?v=eRSFjkXilaM

Oh yes

The Uncharted elements are my least favourite part, although decently executed. The combat and exploration is actually really good and the best use of the Star Wars universe in a long time. What's woke about it anyway, other than the presence of a black woman? I see how that is a very deliberate attempt at "diversity", but nothing is ever made of it and she's actually not portrayed as a flawless woke kween any way

based take unironic

But she is a terrible character

I have Jedi Academy on Steam but it refuses to run on my PC cos it's so ancient so sadly I wouldn't know, I can see why you're bored of the combat system if you play a lot of souls-likes but this is the first time I've properly sunk my teeth into one outside of playing bloodborne a few years ago

I'm 23 user, sorry time hasn't been kind to you

Based as fuck, I love the vibe of that area. The piles of Clone helmets and crashed proto-X-wing starfighter thing were also nice touches

That's fair, it's all very cliche I suppose but it is star wars so I dont expect groundbreaking storytelling. Greez is cool

>Fallen Order makes a big deal out of the shattered crystal and the symbolic meaning of creating the splitsaber from Tapal's and Cere's lightsabers
>five years later the splitsaber reverts to a single-blade version of Tapal's
What did Cal mean by this.

Attached: Star-Wars-Jedi-Survivor-Lightsaber-900x506.jpg (900x506, 33.29K)

it's more soulslike than uncharted. Biggest issue with the game was the wonky mocap animations.

It was aggressively average
Oh thanks I've been wanting to replay Jedi Academy for a long time now. Does it have a single player mode?

just finishing up horizon zero dawn now, is this game worth playing?

Attached: 1658186880453592.jpg (2048x1999, 726.06K)

Do you like souls-like combat, metroidvania progression, platforming, and block puzzles? If yes, go for it. For an EA game this is a curiously "gamey" one. It gives you nice vistas, but the levels are unapologetic obstacle courses rather than locations that make sense. Also most of the game is spent in relatively quiet exploration. Most of the dialog and cutscenes happen between levels.

as long as it's not corridor shit. That was my biggest issue with HZD, so much of it was a straight line. Loved the game otherwise though

Only if you get it for free or less than 10 bucks. Game is short as shit. Combat is repetitive. There are 4 planets and you spend most of your time climbing shit or walking through small crevices.

Ha ha yeah, about that...
The maps are sufficiently large and complex with many shortcuts and optional areas. But you'll be following a very linear path through them during your first visit.

Attached: Em3nbQ3W8AYy8DD.jpg (1920x1080, 273.78K)

CLASSIC modern gaming

Attached: 1653624939603.jpg (1440x1800, 553.81K)