Do you think Switch 2 will be more powerful than the Steam Deck...

Do you think Switch 2 will be more powerful than the Steam Deck, or is Nintendo just going to rely on the power of their IPs yet again?

Attached: 1650352322515.webm (960x480, 2.53M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rIK3TA907RQ
pcgamer.com/valve-steam-deck-battery-life/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They arent comparable

Yes. The Steam Deck is already obsolete while the Switch 2 will run Unreal Engine 5.

Based black man

Uh what. Why wouldn't Steam Deck be able to run UE5 games. It's just a PC. If anything it's the opposite, Epic is giving UE5 far more Linux support than UE4 ever had. Wouldn't surprise me if we start seeing more native Linux ports targeted for SteamOS specifically.

The Switch 2 will be as powerful as a $300 MSRP will be economically. Can you make something stronger than the Steam Deck and sell it at $300 in 2024/2025? If so, then yes.

I feel like Switch 2 is closer than that, Nintendo is very aware of the emulation scene and Yuzu/Ryujinx have been getting some beefy updates. Basically 80% of the Switch library run fine on one of these, even on weak hardware in some cases. Not to mention plenty of Sub-$300 Chinese handhelds coming out later this year. I imagine late-2023.

do you ever think the amongus will be sus

Attached: thanks_for_the_deck_kid.jpg (1536x2048, 795.03K)

Steam Deck isn't competition

you lost
youtube.com/watch?v=rIK3TA907RQ

What's the point of owning a Deck over a Switch?
Deck is just a shitty portable computer with an awful battery life. I can't imagine a situation where you can use it either. At work? At the gym? At a bar? At the park? Just get a life, loser.

>Deck is just a shitty portable computer with an awful battery life
You just described the switch

A shitty portable computer with awful battery life (Steam Deck) >>>>>>>> A shitty locked-down phone with awful battery life (Switch)

Simple as

Maybe, but Deck 2 will be announced by then

How did Nintendo lose, I don't see any Switch games getting emulated here

It doesn't "need" to be more powerful on paper, because a closed environment is way easier to push the limits off, compared to a PC-like platform. I have a big gaming PC but the most impressive games I have played were always on console, hardware that was like 5x cheaper than the cost of my PC.

Switch's battery lasts up to 9 and it has fun exclusives which run better on it since it's the native platform. Deck's battery only lasts 2 hours and it has only games from Steam which are better played in a PC. It makes more economic sense to buy an Alienware laptop than this Valve scam.

>because a closed environment is way easier to push the limits off
no it's actually the complete opposite. It's hard to optimize games for Windows because all of the games have to work through the Windows API framework. Microsoft locks these down tight because Windows isn't solely for gaming and they want to keep their trade secrets. Consoles made just for gaming give devs far lower-level access. And in the case of Linux, devs have 100% full access to everything kernel and above. Theoretically, Linux ports could be better optimized than even console ports. The biggest problem has been no hardware target, but with the Steam Deck we now have that.

>Switch's battery lasts up to 9 and it has fun exclusives which run better on it since it's the native platform.
You just described the deck

The official Switch battery life from the mouth of your God Nintendo themselves is 2.5 to 6.5 hours. Steam Deck's battery life is 2-7. They have the same battery life. The only difference is Steam Deck actually gives you options to conserve battery if you so choose, while the Switch does not.

Yeah, if it's 9 minutes

>or is Nintendo just going to rely on the power of their IPs yet again?
are you new?

pcgamer.com/valve-steam-deck-battery-life/

>Theoretically, something like Minesweeper on the Steam Deck ought to get you the top-end eight hour battery life, while a more system intensive game, such as God of War, might well have you counting down the minutes down to the two hour

Lol yeah, enjoy your 8 hours of minesweeper on your very cool cuck computer

That was the original Switch. Before the OLED they released an upgraded model with a better battery and an apparent 4.5-9 hour battery life, at least according to Nintendo themselves.

So 2-8 hours of battery life? That's even better than what I said, so thanks for proving my point.

Nigger fatigue is real, it's only 7pm here and I'm already tired and sleepy looking at the thumbnail.