ITT post times when you wondered what the developer was thinking when they made a design choice...

ITT post times when you wondered what the developer was thinking when they made a design choice. I'll start with Resident Evil REmake. The dozens of key items take up inventory slots. If you don't want to use valuable inventory slots on keys when you don't know yet when you'll need to use them, you'll need to constantly backtrack across the world to one of the game's few item boxes. This is the worst kind of filler. It's transparently tedious and repetitive padding to artificially extend the length of the game for first time players.

Attached: 1602983797946.jpg (1920x1080, 196.7K)

Zoomie please...Play more games in your faggot loser's life.

Nope, I'm a boomer. There's no way for you to know ahead of time when you'll need a key during your first run. So you'll want to keep the keys in the item box until you find out. But then you're constantly going back to the item boxes to get them when they're needed. Or if you do take the keys with you, you won't have enough space to pick up other items, so you'll need to go back to the item boxes to drop stuff off more often. It doesn't make the game more challenging or fun. It just wastes your time.

This was a common complaint on release, newfriend.

This bait image has been posted 53 times now. I know it's good. Like, what kind of faggot even leaves the save room with save ribbons, why doesn't he just combine green herbs, and why the fuck hasn't he examined the arrow yet?

But come on. 53 times.

Attached: 1628079690821.gif (480x358, 1.14M)

Ignore the picture and just read OP.

Plan your route better. Needing to backtrack is a hazard, especially with the addition of Crimson Head zombies who revive after the initial zombie encounter, and if you poorly plan which corpses need burning. It's an active part of the challenge, and you're just an ADHD spaz who wants instant gratification. Maybe survival horror is just a bad genre for you to be playing.

And for the record, you CAN know when an item is needed, because you will often encounter the emblem slot or the door with a symbol on it you'll figure out needs that exact key. So maybe open your eyes and plan.

>So maybe open your eyes and plan.
You can't do that. You won't know until after you've picked up enough items to fill your inventory. By the time you find out where a key item needs to be used, you'll have needed to go back to an item box to make room in case there's more important items to pick up. Consider that this is your first time playing the game and you're not using a strategy guide.

I think someone can discover a square crank and piece together they need it for that square hole they found a while back. Or that a bag of fertilizer needs to go to the plant room. And if they don't? Well, they can experiment because nobody ever required a guide to beat this game.

>find square crank
>inventory is already full of other items
>oops, guess I'll have to go to an item box to dump stuff before i can go back and get it
The problem with your mindset is the game gives you numerous potential key items at once. Most of the time you don't know when they'll need to be used. And you also don't know when you're going to find another.

you only pick up health items when on the way to a box or just use them after picking them up.

If you play like a retard that constantly need to carry every fucking thing at once then you deserve to get walled. Holy shit, it's not complicated. Especially, in the context of the crank since THERES A FUCKING ITEM BOX RIGHT NEXT TO IT. RE is has a tendency to force the players into carrying key items to progress so thay once you get to the next area, you will automatically have a few empty slots to pick up the next key items, LIKE THE FUCKING CRANK. They only way for you to run out of space before receiving the most key items is the fact that YOU went back to an item box to stock up on more useless shit.

>some green powder takes as much room as a shotgun
Limited inventory is good, but it should've been tetris. Nowhere near as large as RE4 though.

Key items should've just not taken inventory slots. If you know the solution to a puzzle and have already acquired the item, you shouldn't need to walk across the world to do it. They did it this way to waste your time.

You can beat the game without ever using the item box. git gud retard

Other than the keys, most items are single use and you don't need to have them on you at all times

I already know that. Even so, if you have 3-5 potential key items at once, and you don't know when you'll need them, plus you need to carry at least one weapon and ammo, plus a healing item, you won't have any room to pick up other things. So you'll naturally have to drop off the keys and go back to the item boxes multiple times to pick them up you find out where they need to be used.

Resident Evil fantards are always the easiest to trigger

>He carries healing items and ammo with him

Attached: 1658289648686993 lalo-salamanca-better-call-saul.gif (498x280, 2.33M)

Everything you praise REmake for, RE0 does it better. Can't name a more overrated game in the series, besides maybe RE2 Remake.

>keeping ink ribbons on you
>keeping the knife on you
>keeping two green herbs instead of combining them if you need space
The game is working as intended, you're just shit at it.

>full health
>2 green herbs
Drop the herbs, or at the very least, combine them. I don’t see the issue - the game isn’t even that hard, especially if you have 37 fucking pistol rounds this early.

Wrong. RE0 actually does have a backtracking problem. Its problem is that you don't know if you'll need a key item again later, and the disjointed item drop system in lieu of connected item boxes makes it tedious to have to backtrack because you don't know when you're going to need something, and some items like the hookshot you'll leave very far back only to learn you need it towards the end of the game. This system shines in a smaller contained level like the train at the beginning, but becomes annoying in a much larger open area like the rest of the game. If RE0 was a series of smaller self-contained levels like the train I'd actually agree with you.

I know this is a bait thread, but I liked Dead Space design. Plot important items had their own unlimited inventory, but your actual inventory used for ammo and healing items.
Silent Hill series never had inventory restriction as well and the games were good.
Also I never bothered to play classic RE games because of what OP said. For me it's not even challenge, but forced increasing of game time.

Attached: z.jpg (800x559, 22.67K)

>This bait image has been posted 53 times now.
That number feels way too low.

The original three aren't bad with this, but the remake for 1 is the one of the most needlessly clunky and poorly paced games I've ever played. It's an overrated sack of shit.

>what is this? people repost images on an imageboard???

Your first day here huh

>make the same retarded b8 thread for the 1000th time
>get called a retard for using such stale bait
>Y-you're triggered!
Let me guess, you're only pretending to be retarded?

Boomers be like "yooo this gameplay fire"

Attached: remake boxes.webm (480x360, 2.94M)

I'm not even OP. I just like messing with the ignorant classicfags.

It's good design though because it prevents the usual adventure game bullshit tactic of just trying every single item on every single object and bruteforcing puzzles that way.

Yeah if this was a new game I woulda shot those boxes and got a new legendary skin for jill frfr no cap

Considering the fact that the second post in this thread called out the lazy bait and multiple people in the thread have shown why you're a retard who doesn't know what he's talking about I would ask why you're reposting this same shitty low effort b8?
Are you genuinely that desperate for (You)'s?

>RE0 does it better
Hardly, you still have inventory management problems, except 0 has you drop shit all over the floor instead of keeping them all in an easy to manage item box
The fact that 0 still has pre-rendered environments means that items you drop sometimes can't be seen from the fixed camera angles

Attached: 1332435813717.jpg (500x500, 133.26K)

Thanks for saving the series. Without you, Resident Evil would exist in the same state that Silent Hill is in right now. Pic very much related.

Attached: Resi4-gc-cover.jpg (265x375, 25.11K)

You realise it's a survival horror game right? Only being able to hold what you can put in your pockets enhances the tension. You're not supposed to play this guns blazing and carrying 500 of everything. People like you are the reason the series turned into a shitty action game series with absolutely zero tension or horror.

Where would Jill put this and other small items, smart guy?

>I'm only pretending to be retarded!
Called it.