I want to get into this game but getting stomped by people that have been playining years and yelled at by my team...

I want to get into this game but getting stomped by people that have been playining years and yelled at by my team sucks, what should I do?

Attached: hoodwink.jpg (1012x506, 283.8K)

why do you want to get into it?

Make yourself a favour, don't

>yelled at by my team sucks

That's the best part of the game

Play Turbo

don't care, she's hot

play with bots for some low-stakes practice
watch pro gameplay to see how they play

I have about 300 hours in the game now since I picked it up a few months ago and have been following these two tips and have noticed slight improvement

they feel like they can get away with more because you're ESL and they're correct
get better at english so they think you're one of them

You can't change how people treat you or what they say about you, All you can do is change how you react to it.

Attached: 1658408772572.png (861x788, 400.16K)

don't play it
it's not worth it
t. 4k hours

at least 95% of dota playerbase is "ESL" if we count people that know 10 english words as being esl

>trying to get into dota
>in 2022

Attached: 1658409284059.jpg (1024x1017, 299.64K)

I don't play this shit, but i got trips so i win

I like the amount of build and strategies you can have with so many characters and items, it seems like a game you can be really creative in if you knew what you were doing

If you're absolutely new try out the heroes that interest you against bots. Also, try the popular ones so you know what they do.
This. PMA.
You absolutely can, but you gotta learn the basics before trying to break it apart. The best thing you can do is learn how to last hit and how to farm while moving towards objectives, both which will put you at a massive advantage against shitters in pubs.

Play vs. bots to practice last hitting and timing runes and wards. Test all characters to see which you like the most, and try to pick 5 of them with role capabilities to cover any position, and then only play with those characters until you hate them. Continue playing with the same characters until you know how to use them so well that you can quench your hatred a little bit by killing other heroes. Try playing against players every now and then to test your skill against real thinking human players, because they won't act or react the way that bots do.
When you can confidently stomp Intermediate bots you're good to play against players, but again: beware that the players will do things that bots never do, but they also react a lot slower than bots.

Don't play it, there's no meaningful development playing any skinner box repetitive moba/arena shooter etc.

>bringing up arena shooters out of nowhere
Someone got filtered

Attached: 1658281152834033.png (1303x1094, 36.04K)

Honestly, don't bother:
First of all, you'll always get shit teams and they'll always yell at you no matter what, it's by design.
Second of all, unless you're playing with friends, it's unironically really not a healthy game to play.
Think of it this way: Half of your total playtime will consist entirely of pure build-up, farming dopamine, seeing numbers going up, shiny particles and gold_sfx.mp3.
After all of this preparation and one hour of your life thrown away, you get 20 minutes max of release, and even then you are guaranteed to lose 50% of the time.
And don't even try to pretend, most of the enjoyment is definitely in winning. Watch any Dota/Lol streamer and you'll see them coming out of a loss angry and screaming, reporting and muting their teammates 90% of the time.
I hate to make a le sex analogy but it's kind of like a failed orgasm in a way. You're basically gambling 1 hour of your time for a 50% chance of temporary good brain chemicals versus 505% chance of a failed orgasm.

What games had meaningful development for you?

Any Forums doesn't play games