EB Games Australia is getting a lot of hate suddenly

Basically they set a 10 item per customer limit on a high demand Pokemon Card box and all of them were bought out by scalpers within seconds,

Many people are angry at them and want them to cancel all orders, set the limit to 1 or 2 per customer and then allow more.

The post is here.
twitter.com/EBGamesAus/status/1549559729613053958

What do you think?

Attached: fuck ebgames.jpg (680x453, 92.11K)

I blame TPC honestly. Its literally cardboard, just print more and fuck over the scalpers

a year ago, you would actually save money by buying these boxes
for example, the price of a box with 4 booster packs was cheaper than buying 4 booster packs separately

now these boxes cost 10 or 15 dollars more than buying the packs separately
and people still gobble up these fucking scams because you get le epic big card or a shitty 3D printed statue

That does work sometimes

the problem would be making the collectors angry, because more Golden Zards and Pikachu means they become less valuable.

Pokemon were popular at my school but Pokemon cards never were so I feel like I missed out on something major.

Fucking retard "investors" need to kill themselves. Its orders of magnitude cheaper to buy individual cards at this point, even the normie tier shit like Charizard isn't that much now

Attached: 1656900697267.jpg (934x776, 47.08K)

How do scalpers know that this particular release will be that popular?

Because it features a few promo cards that are essentially reprints of previously valuable cards.

>giving a shit about gamestop: australia edition
>giving a shit about cardboard crack
literally not videogames

>Try to buy 4 items from EBgames
>The cunts want to charge me x4 the shipping because they would be sending it from different locations
>Shipping ends up being more than the items
Nah fuck off, what kind of amateur shit is this

Attached: 1656233908714.jpg (919x892, 140.84K)

>What do you think?
They're a bunch of absolute cunts. They overcharge like motherfuckers. There's zero point buying anything from them when ozgameshop and amazon exist and have games at a fraction of the cost.
The last game i bought off them was skies of arcadia.for Dreamcast.
But then i bought a "refurbished" wii-u off them, it arrived absolutely covered in gunk and grime, i had to use baking soda to clean it off, and the HDMI cable was broken.
Fucking never again.

>getting involved in limited release anything in any capacity other than secondary market speculation in 2022

how is eb still in business. there are 3 big shopping centre's all within 20 minutes of me and they all have an eb games. they're perpetually on sales and I rarely see anyone but kids in the stores

Reddit is better than Any Forums. OP should just complain there, more people will understand.

Scalpers would just buy it up anyway. Remember the McDonalds Pokémon cards in Happy Meals? Scalpers went and bought the Meals up in droves to the point where McD had no more cards left to give out. And those weren't some limited psecial comodity. They just couldn't keep up with the "demande" scalpers forced on them. Now those cards are worth a couple cents since, suprise, they were printed in the millions in the end.
Scalpers do not care about that. They want the new shit and will buy it out no matter how much of it is printed, hoping to cash out while the restock is filling.

Australia is full of normie retards that are payed far more than their labours are worth, what do you think

Does it have a Charizard?

There needs to be a law set in place that makes online scalping illegal
>b-but muh capitalism
don't care. Buying all of the stock just to resell it at a sky high price shouldn't be part of it.

I literally walked into a target and bought two of the Celebrations UPCs last year. People have had opportunities to get all of these.
The Celebrations UPC comes with a Metal Charizard as a promo (pic related) and the Celebrations packs come with a chance to get the 2021 reprint of the Base Set Zard.
The Shining Fates packs have a chance to get the Shining Charizard Vmax, a card that got so popular it reignited popularity in the TCG last year.

Attached: 1642798726709.png (400x539, 481.56K)

Define scalping you mongrel

>Buying all of the stock just to resell it at a sky high price