Are gunlance and lance the true shitter weapons?

Are gunlance and lance the true shitter weapons?
>simple movesets
>become a tank that can finish a hunt with 0 damage taken by hiding behind a giant, easy to use shield
>doesn't even have to move

Attached: Gunlance-1.png (694x520, 229.97K)

Why does this weapon cause so much baby rage on this board? I'm almost tempted to start using it just to spite you goofy fucks

Attached: gets knocked down by a gunlance user once.png (1342x2292, 639.96K)

IDK how it is now, but it was better for multiplayer because the hitbox is thin and right in front of you, it made it easy to avoid hitting your friends

its a cool weapon
better than using that long katana bullshit anyways

I main gunlance but you can't deny it can make a lot of monsters a cakewalk if you're remotely competent with it.

Lance has a low skill floor but a high skill ceiling
Gunlance is for shitters

>gunlance
>avoid hitting your friends
mate gunlance users are the worst offenders of knocking allies flying.
the number of time's I've lost a full combo on a weakpoint of a downed monster so some cannon-toting knob can do 1/10th the damage with his explosion is absurd

Both lances are low skill floor AND low skill ceiling. But gunlance and fucking rocket jump around with a sword that explodes, and that's fucking tight.

Anybody who give anybody shit for the weapon they use is a true shitter.

Funlance has always been great. What about Sunbreak caused internet man-children to lose their shit?

>rank up high enough where shelling does unoptimal amounts of damage and loses DPS compared to just pokes
its not fair...

Most gunlance users are retarded and I think that's why people think it's a shitty weapon. You should never wyvernblast a weakpoint for precisely that reason, because it doesn't even deal weakpoint damage. I always blast the legs to try and knock it over.

If you're not emptying with gun with every blast, you need to up your testosterone.

Fullburst chads, back me up here.

Gunlance is an underdesigned pointless gimmick-fest that doesn't even make any sense since World anymore.
World/Rise lance are both amazingly designed weapons and you're a dumb pleb if you don't like them.

>Hiding behind a giant shield
You are bad if keep constantly using the shield and not charge or jump to maneuver.

>Fights explosion based monsters
>Proceeds to triple cart because explosions are just awful and they count as "lol you got hit from the back" even if it's clearly not true

The new shield counter and shield bash lance got in Rise and then Iceborn made it so much more fun to play, I wish they'll stay afterwards

It's 100% intentional. I've had many satisfying moments with GL and SA where I've launched a player directly into an attack that got them carted. Delicious.

I see that LSnigs started a new falseflag campaign.

Feel free to ask a Lance main anything, there are not many of us out there you know

Attached: guild.png (1195x648, 865.8K)

I've only played 3U, WorldBorne and RiseBreak. How would you rank all the iterations of Lance you've played?

>LSnigs
It's bowfags, most of the Rise threads had one constantly whining about GL

what switch skills are the ones I should be equipped with and learning?
what's the optimal way to do damage?
should I be making a bunch of elemental lances or will a high raw one suit me for most encounters?

It turns out having both a very reliable Shield and a Lance that is also a Shotgun is pretty useful for hunting Monsters.

Attached: CUvzNz1VEAEfE4a.png (754x360, 230.21K)

does GL actually have bad damage? or is it just that they don't excel in speedruns because one of their greatest benefits (being able to completely bypass shitzones) aren't helpful with players who are good enough to just avoid them at all times?
I remember a graph of average players and that GL players were on the higher tier of dps because they have blast dash to greatly minimise downtime and can ignore poor hitzones with shelling

Underwater hands covered in shitzones typed this post.

It's not unusable but it's still low tier on damage. The meta now seems to be, once again, bug spam.

Not him, but lance feels so fucking good in World. Ignore the faggots who conplain about chip damage. Life augment negates any and all chip damage you receive when using power guard.

World is by far my favorite, I love powerguard and the new movement options.

MHGU has a very unique gameplay with Striker style, I tried all other styles but the special 3rd poke just doesn't sit right with me.

MHFU evade lancing is very strong with how predictable the AI is.

P3rd is absolute garbage, I hate how we can't delay our hops or counter by even one second or we miss the cancel window.

Didn't play Rise but wide sweep being the main go-to combo is just blasphemy, not sure how Capcom approved that. Spiral Thrust looks so sick though.

Attached: Lance vs. Glavenus.webm (852x480, 1.72M)