Movie games bad

>movie games bad
>visual novels good

Attached: 33ohUxfFOI4bEQ_h6Cqu5LIrZBEaTYrBCu7Jz0oyzfE.jpg (1917x1077, 197.15K)

yes

Attached: 1630653629676.jpg (1920x1080, 474.04K)

Read Dies Irae.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 175.92K)

Yes, because they make good use of the interactiveness (and other elements) of the medium.
You could have say, TLOU as a jewwood TV series and it wouldn't change a thing.

God, that fucking VN is the personification of a Michael Bay movie, absolutely insufferable.

vns don't pretend to be highly complex open world games where you can do anything only to turn out it's all a fucking lie
notice nobody complains about actual movies not having any gameplay, that's not part of the promise

But visual novels are not games
they are still fun to read

Fuck off, its literally perfect
I need more vns like this

movie games aren't games with lots of story/cutscenes.
movie games are games that want to be movies.
movie games are games that hate everything about games.
VNs are inherently far closer to books than movies, in fact they are further from movies than most games are.

I don't even have much against movie games in themselves. I just don't fancy them much.
My real problem lies with movie games being treated as game games.

VNs are cool. But in their essence they're much, much more novels than games. And that's fine. I actually respect VNs a lot.
But VNs are also treated more as novels than they are as games.
You'd never see something like say Grisaia, or Robotics;Notes or whatever win Game of the Year. And that's fine. They absolutely shouldn't. They're more novels than games.
But then you have movie games being treated as games, marketed as games, taking resources away from game games development by game game developers and publishers. They're reviewed and discussed as games and receive coverage over actual game games. Etc, etc, etc.

Fuck off with absolutely all of that.
What's even more infuriating is the above in combination with the inherent genre bias among reviewers.
Movie games can easily receive 10/10s or ratings not far from it. But then you can have games from other genres like say a damn near fucking perfect dungeon crawling classic roguelike or a strategy game or whatever and they simply would not. Even if they embody the genre to damn near perfection and thus provide exactly what their audience are looking for, they still won't get that level of recognition. But movie games will. In spite of being more movie than game.

If movie games were genuinely treated as much as movies as VNs were treated as novels. I wouldn't mind them much at all. But that's not the reality we live in.

That's because VNs have sibling incest and movie games don't.
>b-but there are VNs that don't have sibling incest
and those ones are worthless.

Autistic post but i agree

>movie games good
>visual novels good

Attached: 1615408031146.png (400x400, 132.78K)

i don't like either
checkmate

Yes

Why are visual novels considered games and not picture books?

Attached: 1375981487163.jpg (1920x1080, 294.66K)

Yumiko wife~

Attached: 1591549587.png (1037x584, 824.83K)

Don't know more VN's like it but you should watch Michael Bay's entire cinematography then if you haven't already.

Attached: Screenshot_1.jpg (1920x1080, 286.51K)

Juicy Yuuji

Nothing inherently wrong with movie games

A VN makes good use of its separate elements and seeks to combine them into a single experience which is basically just a CYOA novel with some backgrounds and character portraits.
A movie game does not do this. A movie game significantly neglects its gameplay and does not seek to combine its various parts into a greater whole. You will usually see a movie game making excuses to not have the player do anything during exposition as well as have very cookiecutter gameplay which has no real connection to the narrative, this is usually expressed by forced walking sections or 3rd person cover based shooting respectively.

This is reflected in the names. A VN is a cohesive thing while a movie game is torn between two different concepts because either element individually is not good enough to support the product and the second element is added as an afterthought. This contrasts with a game with a practically nonexistent plot but good gameplay or a VN where one element is transparently good enough to carry the experience.

Ultimately a movie game is carried by its marketing and little else.

Reminder the retard with two personalities won by having a baby first. Also he fucked both of them at the same time