Do you use canon protag names in RPGs, Any Forums?

Do you use canon protag names in RPGs, Any Forums?

Attached: p4.png (1177x677, 1.27M)

Usually not.

What's Doorman's canon name?

I name mine after myself and my family. Helped that one of them was really close to my name anyway

Minato arisato / Makoto Yuuki

First time play? Yes. Otherwise no, I usually go for a cheeky name.

Yosuke is the kinda dude to say nigger or nigga unironically around people in real life and get his face smashed in instead of hiding his power level on the internet

Nah

Attached: IMG_20220716_152909.jpg (318x335, 29.17K)

Depends on the game. Usually yes though.

only if it comes as those default names or its too obvious/popular like Narukami.

I always name my japanese characters Makoto because it sounds cute

depends
On WRPGs where i know the name usually doesnt matter (especially when theres a character creation screen), yeah, i make my own name

If i cant create the character though to my specifications (like JRPGs and Visual Novels), it keeps its name, unless the name is really stupid

Yes, unless they have no default name, in which case I'll just use a name I like, or for Persona specifically I'll use my real name.

Yes, always.

I don't play to self-insert, I play to see that character's story.

Attached: 1433812115533.png (170x273, 33.44K)

Yes.

Attached: Persona 5 Royal_20200406131507.png (1920x1080, 862.22K)

I use Hiro Main

Yeah, it blows my mind how people can go with a shitty joke name on their first playthrough and still somehow be invested in the game and its story.
I guess that's the power of not having autism.

on games i liks to immerse I use cannon names unless my name can make sense in the setting.
playing rpgs and ignoring the role play part or skipping the story always seemed like a waste of time done by people that just want to rush the game without any enjoyment.

If a main character is a boring nobody self-insert then it's easy to give them a retarded name and still get invested in the story since they may as well not exist.

Usually, yeah. And if the MC doesn't have a canon name, I choose one that fits the setting. If its a story I'm really interested in, running 'round as Cum Lord ruins the experience quite a bit

If it's an absolute nobody like Link sure, if they have a personality, i tend to let them have their OG name

I feel like it'd still be pretty immersion-breaking to have characters occasionally refer to Pooped M'pants in every other scene.

Damn at least you're self aware.
These games are more about the surrounding characters anyway, the main guy is just a window into their lives, so I don't get too bothered if he's Ass Gaper or Kike Slayer