What happened to vidya music...

What happened to vidya music? I can't remember the last memorable OST a game had from last gen besides Doom and even that became mostly a meme.

youtube.com/watch?v=1eF2gOBC848

Attached: chinckel.webm (564x358, 1.95M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oZp9iY-2saM
youtu.be/wmnTjIBbBSs
youtu.be/GWMSvX4Q218
youtube.com/watch?v=aqka3x4tCp0
youtube.com/watch?v=YziznPynOR0
youtube.com/watch?v=nZAGBrY1GJU
youtube.com/watch?v=hB30Rm9QHUo
youtube.com/watch?v=h4Msc8u4J9E&list=PL0GqRA-7onjRKwW19zjBMZi8xjqfwH9fX
youtube.com/watch?v=IR0TBQV147I
youtube.com/watch?v=XRndbaBhEvk
youtube.com/watch?v=bEkXW1rOs9I
youtube.com/watch?v=zidGo704SvI
youtube.com/watch?v=e6b-lWhn8pg
youtube.com/watch?v=Ez-qiX8UDg0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=oZp9iY-2saM

Since this is a vidya music thread where do you download your music from anyways? I'm talking super high quality shit and obscure OST's.

old man died of covid

ah skyrim
so nostalgic
I want to go back

didn't read
try to beat this Any Forums
youtu.be/wmnTjIBbBSs
you simply can't.

Nigga. The only constantly good thing about video games are the music. I can name more bad games with good OSTs than good games with mediocre ones. This opinion sucks donkey shit.

based kumamon dad

Good games with bad OSTs are much rarer than the opposite because good games almost always have good music accordingly.

youtu.be/GWMSvX4Q218

Out of the way Chuds

I don't remember a single song from skyrim other than the vague initial notes of combat

Yeah almost every single good game has a good OST. I could name like maybe a hundred good OSTs from the last 10 years.

Name some them. Actually memorable ones with staying power, something you’d legitimately listen to outside of the game.

Nah you're just a zoomer with no taste or frame of reference

Attached: 1658300669868.png (1080x805, 169.72K)

I think Sunbreak's OST is pretty memorable and that came out like a month ago
youtube.com/watch?v=aqka3x4tCp0

>I can't remember the last memorable OST a game had from last gen besides Doom
We get it. You don't play games.
>gib recommendations
No. Fucking die.

>I enjoy consuming slop

youtube.com/watch?v=YziznPynOR0
youtube.com/watch?v=nZAGBrY1GJU
youtube.com/watch?v=hB30Rm9QHUo
youtube.com/watch?v=h4Msc8u4J9E&list=PL0GqRA-7onjRKwW19zjBMZi8xjqfwH9fX
youtube.com/watch?v=IR0TBQV147I
youtube.com/watch?v=XRndbaBhEvk
Chew on those for the next few days, OP.

Attached: 1549761205725.jpg (1024x993, 101.41K)

>I enjoy consuming slop
>muh doom
Ironic normalfag is ironic. Still not giving you any recommendations. Eat shit and die asshole.

>zoom zoom zoooooom ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM

>literally demon's souls theme (epic choir version)

>korean archive
I listen to 70s metal you fucking millennial LMAO

>>korean archive
You asked for good soundtracks, not good games.

>anime garbage
lmao you can't be serious

>ME SO HORNY! ME RUV U RONG TIME!! music

*sigh*

Really?

>70s metal

Woooah look out everyone we got a badass, this nigga peruses the classics, what a fucking boss!!

Games have become more cinematic. All movies have music, but how often do movies have memorable scores? Almost never. At best you'll hear a licensed "real" song that's good, but that's not the same. Music written for these types of games is written for a single specific instance in a game where you hear it. There's no conveying of emotions. It's generally just to create ambient noise without distracting you from the game. You're almost supposed to not even realize you're hearing it. Basically, from this point until forever games will not have impactful or memorable or honestly just good soundtracks ever again.

vidya music sort of went from being melodies to ambience, which makes it completely unmemorable.
The last memorable thing I remember is undertale/deltarune and it's just because toby fox still adheres to making old school style music, other than that I wouldn't remember a single catchy theme from the past few years

>I can't remember the last memorable OST a game had from last gen
Things only said by 'people' who exclusively play American AAA titles.

zoomer begging thread
all fields

Attached: kirb.jpg (4032x3024, 1.07M)

>Undertale/Deltarune
>Persona
>Nier
>Outer Wilds
>Any Fromsoft game
>Guilty Gear
>Lisa
>Sonic
>Ori
>Cuphead
>Hotline Miami 2
>Celeste
>Devil May Cry
>Splatoon
>Any Supergiant game
And many, many, many more.

>someone on Any Forums said new thing bad!
>it must be true!!
The fucking lengths you people go to in order to make sure you don't enjoy anything is astounding.

>Responding to music by making broad criticisms of art style that has nothing to do with the music

Attached: 1510340694545.jpg (1278x720, 163.83K)

N..no! Zoomer shut up waaaaaah!

Nah, you're just a retard with no taste. I appreciate video game OSTs from every era.

That's what you fucking get for replying to an election tourist's thread. Any Forums is dead.

ff14 has the best ost ever
second is ff10

It was fascinating to see how big UT's soundtrack got just by being an average SNES tier soundtrack, people are so used to unnoticeable garbage that an OST that would've been standard fare back then got hyped to high heavens just by being contrasted with current music trends. It'd be like bringing a loaf of bread to post apocalyptic children used to eating only bugs.

youtube.com/watch?v=bEkXW1rOs9I

Skyrim really did have peak orchestral ambience but unfortunately that's mainly just because of the unique autism of Jeremy Soule who has since been metoo'd.

>music used to be GOAT
>I LOVE UNDERTALE
Jesus fuck

>Nah, you're just a retard with no taste.
The irony

at this point I'll take it

>an average SNES tier soundtrack
I don't even like Undertale but that's just retarded. UT's soundtrack is far better than nearly every major SNES title even if the game overall is completely overrated.

Shitting on people and then begging for music recommendation has to be the most fucking zoomer thing ever. It's like you guys are built different to be 100% shit all the time. It is impressive really and glad you'll have to kill yourselves over resources in your 50s.

Wildstar
Bloodborne
Red Dead Redemption 2
Torchlight 2
Divinity Original Sin 2
Mechanicus
Vermintide 1 + 2
Assassin's Creed (mostly 2 comes to mind, I haven't played the 40 million other entries)
Arcanum
Last of Us
Darkwood
Deep Rock Galactic
NuDOOM
Dragon's Dogma
Darkest Dungeon
Farcry 5
Battle for Azeroth (mostly Kul Tiras tracks)
Diablo 2
The Division
All 3rd gen onward Elder Scrolls games
Journey

Japanese games usually have good music.
>doom
Oh... you're into that awful "industrial" metal teenager nonsense.

Of course he is. He is literally 12. Read the fucking thread.

is that a joke?

Elden Ring's OST was so underwhelming. Zero noteworthy tracks aside from main theme and that was mainly from the guy going Oooooooooooooooh over it in the trailer

Nah, it's barely average for a SNES game

Do you know what irony means faggot? Whatever. To a retarded NPC like you, it's always
>OLD = GOOD
>NEW = BAD

>undertale
Lmao i feel bad for myself. Ashamed. Cant believe i post on the same forum as you.

>Zero noteworthy tracks aside from main theme
Nah, the ancestral spirit theme was noteworthy, primarily for actually being one song that stands out as something different instead of being the exact same epic chanting shit as every other track.

>I'm not a zoomer! y-you're the zoomer!!
Fucking kek

Everything is worse now

It's not a great conspiracy. It's literally just millennials. Millennials are fucked mentality, have a twisted sense of morality, and too egotistical/lazy to make anything good. They want everything to be some character study/subversive deconstruction about feelings filled with game of thrones political intrigue.

There's not 1 exact cause for it. It's a mix of the Obama through CRT era mentality of inverted values, narcissism, spoiled/overly prosperous upbringing, hyper-partisanism, laziness, entitlement, and virtue signaling. There's also the issue of diversity hiring and nepotism gone amok so you have lots of unqualified people taking over things.

It doesn't even extend to just entertainment literally every facet of American society is cracking or falling apart atm because these people have taken the reigns of society. Food shortages, labor shortages, health care collapse, inflation, soaring crime, failing infrastructure, opioid crisis, hyper-degeneracy. It's connected to the same reason modern tv/music/movies/video games are shit, why modern theme parks are shit, and even why a fucking "modern" mcdonalds is dogshit. It's all connected to the millennial mentality. They can't run a society. They are a generation of incompetents who were guaranteed dogshit college degrees with total validation but lack the maturity and lifeskills to replace those who came before them. Their childhood being a period of unprecedented prosperity and validation to “be yourself” combined with their young adult life being Social media and easily accessible internet has turned them into entitled narcissists. Again, it's not a conspiracy and I don't think most saw it coming, and those who did just didn't care. The biggest single factor was unintended, and is the social illness and rot caused from smartphones + social media

Now go ahead and okay boomer me you fucking degenerates. I'm not even pol.

>Retard has no ears
Of course. Go live in your echo chamber and say everything new is bad and everything old is good. Absolute retard.

>FFXIV
>best anything
Tranny detected

Hollow Knight had a stunningly good soundtrack for being a crowdfunded indie game, and Silksong seems like it's gonna surpass that

youtube.com/watch?v=zidGo704SvI
youtube.com/watch?v=e6b-lWhn8pg

Attached: B_Soulmaster.png (355x311, 76.12K)

I like this its pretty good

>muh generic orchestral fanfare
Jesus you people are incorrigible

youtube.com/watch?v=Ez-qiX8UDg0