Big 4 Failures

Now that the dust has settled, which of these in hindsight was the biggest failure?

Attached: thebig4.jpg (1610x874, 384.25K)

This is onlive erasure

Attached: 1643704793548.png (886x892, 121.66K)

OP is too young to remember onlive

>greatest scam
ouya
>greatest embarassment
wii u

Stadia has a decent amount of users as far as I know. Not great but not terrible. Steambox wasn't even a console.

Where is saturn and dreamcast?

Ouya was the least biggest failure because they literally just made an android box. It probably cost them like 20 bucks a unit

Ouya is the biggest overall failure. Wii U is the the worst hardware, Stadia is the worst "service" and steam box is the most "who" of all of them.
They're each uniquely terrible, and I say that as the owner of 3 of them.

>I say that as the owner of 3 of them
Which three, and what were you thinking user.

At least the Wii U had a couple of games at the time

You're stuck with tendie toddler "games" and 120p sub 10 fps ports though.

the steam machines had the biggest potential, and even as someone who loves linux, it was not ready yet, the many models didn't help, especially for a mainstream audience.
though now with the steamdeck, this is a perfect chem to do a steam controller V2 and a new steam console (though one model this time)

the WII U was the biggest embarrassment, it had some good parts, but really missed all the marks it intended to.

the ouya was the biggest fail, it really just collapsed by being so shit.

>it had some good parts, but really missed all the marks it intended to.
It was a overpriced severely underpowered piece of shit. It had a 1.2 GHz CPU, it had less power than a fucking intel atom. For something released in 2012 it was nothing but an embarassment. PS4 and Xbone were coming and this is what nintendo had to offer, something half as powerful as the X360 from 2005.

i know, that was one of the marks it missed.

And don't forget the price tag, $299 for the basic model and $350 or something for the deluxe set. The same price as the xbox 360 core at launch. By 2012, any xbox model was cheaper and could play skyrim.

It didn't hit any mark. It was an utter piece of shit. It's selling point was an android tablet gaming experience. It's absolutely mindblowing how utter shit the Wii-U was.

the wii u and stadia were actually good. im surprised you didnt include the vita, which was arguably an even bigger failure than the wii u but it was also good
steam machines didnt even really happen, though the sequel to them is pretty great
the ouya was pretty bad but had some pretty alright exclusives for a moment

so i guess it goes either way between the ouya and steam machine. one launched but crashed and burned, the other never even got off the ground.

Nintendo banked on HDTVs taking like a decade plus to become common and had to scramble when they realized how quick adoption was, i really think they thought they were going to have 2007 era sales forever. What they have with the Switch is what they thought the Wii was going to be like, the Wii U was always cope.

please read my post, i said it missed all the marks,i just said it had some good parts (like the start of more mainstream and modern gyro aim, good homebrew and great official retro library, off TV play was also convenient if you didn't have a TV, even if it was limited), just none of the good parts it needed.

Wii U was a great console it had great controllers. I still use the Pro controller this day on Switch and PC. It would be perfect controller if it had gyro. Too bad that 3rd parties didn't utilise the second screen for other than map. Ubisoft did it nicely and Zombi U was done well around it. It had great games and good soulful eShop. Virtual Console had great selction too.

Attached: actually.png (700x700, 20.78K)

Vita was a genuinely good machine, but it literally had no games. The wii u was the opposite, sort of, if you're into tendie shit like animal crossing.

Wii U didn't have Animal Crossing. I'm still salty about it. Also I'm salty about delaying and gimping BotW for the Switch.

just because you liked the Wii U doesn't make it a success

Yes it does

>more mainstream and modern gyro aim
Gyro had been quite long popularized by ipad and android games by that year. Nobody was a stranger to it, and nobody really liked it.
>good homebrew and great official retro library
Should've just bought a PC. Back in the early 2010s I emulated almost every console from the NES to the N64, even some NDS games ran great, on a potato pentium PC built in 2002.

>Gyro had been quite long popularized by ipad and android games by that year.
sorta, but never in console games
>and nobody really liked it.
80% of splatoon players use it and PC pros like solarlight have been able to dominate PC tournaments with gyro aim (and tf2 has no "aim assist", so it was all skill)
>Should've just bought a PC
i 100% get that (i game only on PC nowadays), but it can be nice to have in a console, also alot of it being official is great for some (even if it's not big for me)

the wii u had animal crosing plaza, amiibo festival, and wild world via virtual console...
no, the wii u was not for your traditional tendie shit lmao
bayonetta 2, super mario 3d world, xenoblade chronicles x, tropical freeze, and splatoon all had lots of crossover praise from other fanbases while diehard tendies hated them (back when they were released, at least). those games were bloodbornes of their time but without intensely masochistic fans

I liked the Wii U. It was a great The Wonderful 101/Bayonetta 2 machine.

The ouya was such a scam I laugh every time I think about it.

I can't believe people bought it lol

Attached: 1658186095155737.png (1600x900, 530.65K)