>turn it on
>comes on for a second, shuts itself off, then immediately turns back on
>it fucking posts
>go into mobo BIOS
>select SSD with Windows installed
>black screen
>turn it off
>won't post anymore

Should I kill myself with a knife or with a rope, Any Forums?

Attached: 1533028164985s.jpg (250x221, 9.95K)

Is it msi?

Do you have an IGP?

The motherboard is Asus.
Integrated graphics in my CPU, you mean? Nope.

Did you do a baremetal investigation yet?

Your PSU is dying and can't supply enough wattage to your normal motherboard + CPU. The older ones must have had lower power requirements. Replace PSU.

Could also be GPU problem.

Don't know what that is.
To be fair, my PSU is pretty old (I got it about 8 or 9 years ago). But it should have more than enough power for the new parts (it's 1000W), and it hasn't shown any signs of dying up until this point.
And I forgot to mention in the OP, when I put the older parts in, I kept the same GPU. So it can't be that.

Why can't it be the GPU?

I took out the new motherboard, CPU, and RAM, and I installed the old ones back in. I only have one GPU, I used it with the new parts and the old parts. The whole computer works fine with the old parts and the GPU, but not with the new parts and the GPU.

bump? otherwise I'll just use a knife

>mysterious pc problems
iktf.

Attached: image0.jpg (410x510, 27.76K)

Do you have any other details? I'm tempted to say it is the GPU gradually dying and the switching out is a red herring but that might just be because its similar to what happened to me last month.

Reset CMOS
>remove battery from the motherboard
>wait a minute
>put battery back in
>power on

PSU is usually the first thing to cause these issues. If it's old AT ALL they're cheap to replace anyway. Basically, you troubleshooted backwards

Gonna blow your mind. Your power supply is fucked.

You haven't ruled out your PSU, CPU, or GPU.

it's the fuckin worst, man.
My GPU is an RX 580 that I got in 2018. There's no way it's dead already.
I've done that already. Jack fucking shit happened.
see

PSU? or maybe the SSD is just fried.

I don't need to see that to know it's likely just the PSU. should've asked first user. you aren't cut out for figuring this stuff out but others will gladly help. Replace the fucking PSU

I know that feel too, troubleshooting pc issues as a brainlet is the most infuriating shit.

>1000 W
wtf parts are you using?? I've heard those extreme PSUs can actually have problems if your components don't draw ENOUGH power. complete meme. definitely try another (non-meme! proportional to the parts you actually use) power supply first before you do anything drastic.

The new parts worked perfectly fine for several months before this started. If my PSU didn't have enough power, then the entire PC should never have worked at all after I installed the new parts.
To be honest, though, I'm not against replacing the PSU. It's one of the oldest parts in the PC right now. I just don't want to buy one if it's not going to fix the problem.

nvm on the SSD part. I read the rest of your posts now. PSU is the main suspect.

>shitty GPU
>1000W PSU

wtf is this build

Attached: disgust.jpg (620x400, 32.07K)

>wtf parts are you using??
The new parts that don't work:
>Asus Tuf Gaming B450 Plus-II
>Ryzen 7 5800X
>16GB DDR4 RAM (2x8 GB)
>8 GB RX 580 (like I said, this one still works if I combine it with other, older parts)

fucking false. PSUs can randomly work fine and have the exact intermittent issues you're having because it's DYING and not dead, nothing to do with providing ENOUGH power. Just buy one and if that doesn't fix it return it. The only thing lost is the time it takes to install it which is pretty fucking easy unless it's crammed into a tiny case
t. PC tech but I quit a long time ago