Beat elden ring months ago

>beat elden ring months ago
>get the itch to play again
>get past the tutorial and to limgrave
>remember all the areas and open spaces I will have to traverse
>close the game

Attached: elden fatigue.jpg (1920x1080, 292.49K)

All filler no killer.
Even DS2 had more heart.

It's a fatal flaw if playing a game just feels more like work than play to the point that just getting starting with it is wholly offputting.

Remember when people said they were gonna open the arena/colosseum for pvp near launch

yea it sucks because I actually missed quite a few things in my first playthrough, but the thought of having to play through all this shit again just to experience the things I missed seems so tedious..

Open World was a mistake.

>Open World was a mistake.
this. ER was not a bad attempt. the genre is just inherently boring.

If you're NG+ you don't at all have to go through all the side areas. I got to Mountain top of the giants in like 10 hours in my 2nd play thru. You can (and almost certainly will ) skip 90% of the game, which is another problem because NG+ is boring when you feel like there's so little in it that you actually WANT to do.

You can buttrush the game in 2-3 hours if you really wanna so what's the problem?
>b-but that means you can skip the entire game so what's the point
nothing, but you can pick and choose the places you want to go besides a few so just play the shit you like?

Open World is a shit idea for these types of games. Games like Minecraft do well open world, Elden Ring not at all.

we need more of the inter-connected metroidvania design; it's immersive as well as impressive. too bad most of them are linear with no sequence breaking, so just make boring planes for the non-linear experience.

yeah I tried NG+, but I'm just breezing through everything, I feel so overlevelled. I feel like just starting a new character would be better because the progression and challenge makes things more interesting.

I loved the open world of Elden Ring because I wholly immersed myself into it. I worked to explore every inch, every dungeon, and overcome every obstacle. It's one of those grand, epic adventures that I'll always hold dear because the 1st run through was magical. And tough to re-visit and enjoy the same way because you know what's ahead and what to go through. The open world concept is good for a 1st experience, of course it would fall apart after. I genuinely wished my playthrough wouldnt end.

Technically it hasnt ended because Im perma-stuck on Radagon and Elden Beast. How do you guys do it? Over 120+ hours on my file and I still cant beat them. I'm dual wielding Urumi (S Rank Dex Scaling) + Nightrider's Flail (Godly bleed and I switch between them on the fly) but I genuinely hate how these bosses are designed. Radagon is OK, you can stagger him its whatever until he goes pure apeshit with some moves. Then there's Elden Beast. lol. this fight is fucking torturous.
I could easily beat Genichiro hitless in order to get a crack at Isshin, but Elden Ring (and by extension, Souls) gameplay is so rudimentary that boss fights just straight up arent enjoyable. Always been that way for me

yeah forgot to mention, maybe it would have been better if ER was a tighter experience. but it was incredible to see the map expand and expand whenever you came across a new continent. The game may be too big for its own good but that serves to its benefit as well. Super contradictory I know, but I loved Elden Ring. Called off work 2 days in a row to play it when it released

rabi-ribi seems like the most non-linear metroidvania aside from Super Metroid hacks.

elden beast's moves are super telegraphed and easy to dodge. Just take it slow to learn his moves, he only has like 3 or 4 he regularly uses

Open world curse. Fuck miasme-hack-zaki.

>I loved the open world of Elden Ring because I wholly immersed myself into it.
new pasta? the only open world games i ever really liked were RDR and maybe MGSV

no its my genuine opinion. i went through the whole thing blind, not looking up any videos about lore or cool features until I was very deep into the game. I think I was just caught up in the hype of Elden Ring actually being released (i pre ordered it a few minutes before it officially released) that i fell in love with it. I cant bring myself to go back and finish it or continue my Guts strength playthrough, but the 1st experience really was magical.
RDR and MGSV are great open worlds too

>another overhyped game that everyone thought was the best game of the century but months later is an okayish game with big flaws
Yaaawn

100%ing the game was such a slog. When I replay I'm using the interactive map so I can see what stuff is skippable (all those "ruins" overworld locations with the stupid cellars that blend into the stones drive me crazy. most of the mini-dungeons are also terrible).

ER is great for a playthrough or two, but it's not a replayable game because of the padding. I miss when things were short and to the point like DS2 and DS3.

>The game may be too big for its own good

It has less traversable area than a WoW expansion, it's just slow.

I bet there's a mod that deletes everything but the legacy dungeons from the game.