Monster Hunter

Is your weapon as good as GS?

Attached: 1657936221518.webm (1260x954, 2.94M)

is Rise worth trying? I tried the demo for World and absolutely hated it, tutorials and pop-ups constantly, ugly HUD, combat felt sluggish and like I was wrestling with the controls
I love Capcom so I'm willing to give it another shot
nice VP9 webm btw, clean

It is slightly faster and more arcadey compared to world, can always check out the demo for it and see if it's more enjoyable for you. Also depends on the weapon that you pick, some of them are much more responsive compared to others.

any recommendations for beginner weapons?

chose the one you think looks the coolest and watch a 15mn guide video on it on Youtube.

>combat felt sluggish and like I was wrestling with the controls
that's every monster hunter, and it's the best melee combat system ever made, just has a bit of a learning curve

Is the longer ponytail DLC?

Switch axe is a good middle ground between heavy weapons that will teach you how to play and light weapons that new players use and never hit the monster with because they don't know how to play

If things were too slow, try dual blades, sword and shield/insect glaive for fastest. Perhaps long sword/chargeblade/switchaxe after that.

it's capcom, everything you see is DLC

Ima vet and hated World for the same reasons. RISE has its issues but overall it's a true return to form. Check the Steam demo.

Insect Glaive is one of the most mobile weapons in the game and very beginner friendly. It's what I usually recommend to people who find the combat too sluggish

>RISE has its issues but overall it's a true return to form.

yes
This is damage to a non sleeping target

Attached: GunlanceCHADS.png (1595x801, 2.41M)

Do note that if you try out the demo though, they give you the most sluggish piece of shit kinsect ever and that using it is more smooth in the real game

UnIronically yes world was a cancer to the series and worldsperms will never admit it

>, tutorials and pop-ups constantly, ugly HUD,
Rise has those problems too, but both games should have ways to turn them partially off.

CB SAED spammers, what is the meta for sunbreak? Still raw power phials or elemental? Should I go diablos weapon for the 370 raw?

Dual blade is the definitive newb weapon. Used to be Sword and Shield but that was before guarding became powercrept by all the new shitty anime counters and iframe moves, which DB has alot of in addition to being given the most mobility and movement in its attacks. Can practically circle strafe while attacking with 0 animation commitment.

The (rightful) downside is you won't break parts that aren't touching the ground.

Bare min. skills: you're going to want to run at least 2 levels of grinder and just 1 level in evade distance. Everything else is bonus. I also rec slotting in Def skill for other level 1 decisions. Eat at the cats for health boost.

Actually yes, did you not play anything before world?

>muh world
every time

what's the coat

You overcharged TCS lol. I know you're running shaggy sword so not going meta, but that should have been a 7k hit if you released the charge properly, with offensive guard running it's closer to a 9k wakeup hit on bazels head

can you idiots shut up about muh world vs rise for one damn thread

Hitting a sleeping monster is not impressive.

World was the title that strayed from form so in this case it makes sense to bring up.

>gunlance damage

Attached: 69420.gif (290x222, 2.16M)

GS players can only hit a standing target, if its moving theyll prob miss

You damage number fags ruin everything.

Did she hits the guy behind her or something?

Attached: 16405362214910.jpg (1280x846, 287.7K)

yes the lance is top kino

Attached: lance.jpg (1280x720, 164.31K)

It’s the pirate coat. I think it’s called barbania?
Requires locked treasure chests, which you get by sending your cats out with back room deals, I think.

Is this a jokepost op? You overcharged your attack and lost out on a huge chunk of damage

Damage numbers were a mistake, I miss blood spray indicating weak points. I know rise has it but the inclusion of damage number makes damage numbers the default and I hate it.

>The (rightful) downside is you won't break parts that aren't touching the ground.
Until they add demon flight so you can tear even rath wings to shred while they fly

Couldn't figure out how to GS against shagaru magala so I dropped it.

can you turn them off without it affecting anything negatively?

I wanna pick up GL. Normal, Wide or Long best to start with and which is best in general?

ummmmmmmm shut up?

One of my biggest gripes is that the World engine makes everything feel like it's wading through a layer of Vaseline in the air. Animations are jellylike. And too many shit maps. There's a reason everyone loves Wildspire and only Wildspire because less epic environmental design clutter getting in the way of the fights or making the area feel constrained.

I don't usually bring it up and usually hide the obvious baitposting. But here one user actually asked, so it's the only time to bring up why he should try out Rise despite disliking World. I'm not going to bring up much more though. Just enough to answer the user.

Dude was in sharpening animation and GS used a small bomb to trigger his counter power up for the TCS.