Mirrors edge

what went wrong?

Attached: edgemirror.jpg (460x215, 28.85K)

Nothing, it's the perfect game and will be until the end of time.

Other than it being too short, nothing

this

First person platforming is kinda retarded in general.

Apart from the boring plot it is a perfect video game.

First one had a pretty boring story full of plotholes but who cares it was fun.
Catalyst was a "letter to the fans" who paraded an "open world" game for years. Yeah, we told you so fuckers.

It needed to have a map-maker mode so people could upload levels and give it longevity.
Otherwise it's fantastic and pure soul.

The combat

the sequel

There's STILL open world fags insisting "they just didn't do it right" instead of shutting the fuck up and taking the L.

>He fell for the open world meme

it's a tech demo, promoted as such and you faggots ask for more
what a fucking cuck mentality

In the subway of the city my grandparents live there's a big picture of that character with info about how to work at a videogame company
Never though that character would be from an actual known videogame lol

First game was great.
Second game is what's wrong with video games.
Game development by committee. Suits at the top wanting to check as many money maker check marks.
Making games to make money, not making money to make games.

no barefoot mod

didn't understand what made it good, just like bad company 2

I want a Mirror's Edge Multiplayer game structured a little like Hunt Showdown or Tarkov.

You either play as a runner or a cop in an open city setting. Cops are armored and well-armed but have to rely on limited use vehicles to get around. Runners have basically the full run of the city including maintenance areas the cops can't get to. Runners have to deliver packages on a timer, Cops need to meet a quota of captured runners or contraband, both on a timer.

Cutscenes and story. But at least it was made before the mandatory propaganda in EA games.

>what went wrong?
EA

I'm not a fan of "open world" but it definitely could've been done a lot better. The overworld map is just bad, some areas are interconnected by a single point that you'll always have to go through, and the whole thing is kind of C-shaped so there's not a lot of room to actually tackle an objective your own way. I had to stop doing those delivery missions because the only way to make it in time is to turn on the runner vision trail thing.

Attached: 20220519232042_1.jpg (1920x1080, 111.35K)

It was first game of trillogy we never got.

>needs EA accoutn to be played

mirror's edge came out pre-origin, idiot

But they actually didn't do it right. The whole thought behind Mirror's Edge is that runners are free-flowing, seeing pathways where a normal person wouldn't and improvising on the fly, but catalyst was lacking in fun improvised movement potential. Instead they throw you a fucking linear grapple hook.