Redpill me on FFV

I just finished the Pixel Remaster of Final Fantasy IV, it was very enjoyable as my first Final Fantasy
I never see anyone talk about this game, everyone skips to talking about VI. Is it worth my time?

Attached: final-fantasy-v-pixel-remaster.png (1200x630, 471.49K)

check steamcharts everyone bought it more than other remasters so nobody skips it lol

it has a good job system

6 > 7 > 5 > 4 > 3 > 1 > 9 > 12 > 2 > 8 >15 > 13

Attached: 1657927196700.png (600x600, 245.17K)

Definitely

how flexible is it? If I invest 10 hours levelling a character's job, and want to change, do I need to grind for their new job?

5 has the most satisfying gameplay in the entire series. The job system is top notch and rewards smart play while providing a fuckload of tough encounters to try new strategies on all the way to the end of the game.

Story is solid, there are some underrated (and overrated) music tracks but on the whole it is an excellent score, characters are thin but not Amarant thin.

Play VI if you want your hand held through an amazing story played out like an opera. Play V if you want to go on an adventure and make your own mistakes.

No, you retain your stats and you're able to use another class's ability along with your current class. So if you switch from Black Mage to Warrior you can still cast black magic.

>overrated) music tracks
???

ff5 and ff3 are better than any bravely default shit

ffv thread? count me in
don't help the pickpocket werewolf and play with 4 berserkers asap, you're not going to regret it

Attached: ebec7280680fa04ef82504ee651dbf56.jpg (600x397, 84.92K)

battle on the big bridge. lots of remixes in future games. it's good but it's repetitive and the story events on the bridge aren't that long.

VI is overrated shit, V is way better

Faris best girl.

recently finished gba version

Job system and mechanics are top notch

game was a bit too easy but that may be just the version I played

Has the worst characters of any ff game i've played barring 12. Not really bad just boring especially coming off of 4

Five and Six are but separate parts of what makes the final fantasy series amazing. Five is when final fantasy has amazing gameplay and pulls it off well, it fell short on characters to get the gameplay right. Six is when final fantasy writes an amazing story that captivates you, but makes no effort to challenge you. They felt to me, that this was them focusing on one core aspect in each game respectively and mastering it. Four was a mix of these, but not stronger in either catagory. The SNES FF games are if all else, the strongest in the series.

iirc equipping the black magic command even applies a percentage of the black mage's magic stat, depending on how much it was levelled

I like the pirate girl but they don't really do all that much which makes them just cardboard characters.

Final Fantasy 5 has the best gameplay in the entire franchise. It's the only game where it feels like the battle designers actually put any thought into the bosses outside of just "boss has X HP and does Y attack".
Almost every single boss in the game can challenge you, and they all have extremely varied weaknesses that you can exploit through a variety of jobs. Some bosses can be completely neutered by status effects and obscure skills that you would never think would even work on a boss. Even the final boss is susceptible to certain instant death effects. And it's all intentional and feels very well thought out.

A
FUCKING
LEAF

Attached: 1654817788046.jpg (950x896, 787.99K)

It's very similar to FF: Tactics. You get to select your main job which influences your stats and equipment, and you also get to equip one sub job skill set. You do have to grind Job points to unlock additional skills, but your character level progresses independently.