Is emulating games as bad as carjacking?

Is emulating games as bad as carjacking?

Attached: FXI6vHyXkAA7IJp.jpg (828x434, 50.58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y0QcVaxMHY8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you wouldn't pirate a car

>ooh look Im retarded and on Twitter ooooh

Who cares?

Man why do you find this stupid shit and bring it here as if anyone cares? You want to discuss what that retard said? Then go talk to him about it. Fuck you

It's far worse actually, that's why I'm doing it.

Stealing the car removes it from someone who bought it. Downloading a copy of the game doesn't. And if you're Ubisoft, you can only specifically punish people who bought your game.

not yet at least

I remember using a Mario rom to run over a family of five trying to cross the street as I was getting it to a secure location and away from the authorities, so yes.

>automobile analogy

One is a crime and the other isn't.

Why are Twitterpeople so braindead?

Attached: 1655306432098m.jpg (1024x728, 52.2K)

Tendie tubbs would disagree,

Attached: Capture.png (941x312, 54.48K)

I have to assume this specific instance applies to overpriced retro games so his example makes no sense, the closest thing to compare would be an overly expensive classic car, so you can't even go for the "steal" meme just like that, the game is out of print, if the publisher doesn't sell the game by other means how can you rid them of a sale?

Spoken like someone trying to get bids for his personal collection.

I would absolutely steal a car if I could get away with it and it required zero effort

No, not even legally. Stealing one car can get you in a lot of legal trouble, downloading one game is nothing. I don't think they would even bother enforcing a punishment over one game, waste of time and resources.

>steal something
>person who owns thing gets fucked over and has to deal with a massive loss financially and also of personal freedom

>pirate something
>a company that makes billions of dollars per year in profit is unaware of the fact that they just lost $60

Wow, so comparable!

>unaware of the fact that they just lost $60
A pirated copy isn't even a guaranteed sale lost.

That's not even worth explaining. The guy is a fucking idiot and should be taken out to a field, shot and buried in a mass grave along with all the others

youtube.com/watch?v=y0QcVaxMHY8

It's physically impossible to "steal" 1s and 0s. Ideas and distributed software are not "property".

Yeah, the game selection these days is so massive if I'm pirating your shit you should be grateful that I even paid any heed to your product.

>old game is out of production
>costs hundreds on the used market
>company literally doesn't make money from it anymore
>emulating it hurts no one

>ooooh look I'm a poorfag commie who has to steal
Cope. Support capitalism or move to North Korea.

because cars are the same thing as digital games. except they aren't you fucking retard lmfao

Emulation is easier.

Maybe in the sense that fucking idiots are involved. First and foremost: only fucking idiots give a shit about cars. If you boasted about your hammer being a higher status hammer than any old hammer, you'd be a fucking idiot. Same goes for cars. If you're into them, you're dumb as hell. Cars are either one of two things to a person:
>A tool that allows you to move from place to place and actually do something and make some sort of contribution to society
or
>A symbol of status and something that lets you go 'vroom vroom im so fast an my car is so sleek and/or retro or powerful
If you're in column B you're stupid. No way to sugar coat it, you're dumb as shit. Ever seen a really fancy car on the road? Or a rare car? Or an oldschool car? You probably have at some point. Have you ever seen someone cool driving one? Nope, you haven't. It's all 60+ year old, ugly ass boomers because everyone else is too busy contributing to society.

If you're obsessed with collecting or playing games on original hardware with the meaningless hunks of plastic casing old computer programs that are easily preserved digitally, you don't care about games. You're simply pathetic and you're desperately trying to recapture your childhood, or a different era's childhood because you're a failure who thinks they're from le wrong generation. Some fat fuck loser reselling a cart doesn't deserve any money for a program developed by people who already got paid and won't see a cent from that ebay sale.

Anyone who actually cares about video games has a plethora of ways to play all video games. Any autist who cares so much about le original hardware has a flash cart. Anyone else is simply a fucking retard with zero redeeming qualities.

if we believe there's even a 1% chance there is a lost sale, we have to take it as an absolute certainty!

i wouldnt buy the game if i couldnt pirate it.

>Commie
How so? I was simply provided a cheaper alternative and went with it. That seems like good straight forward capitalism.

/thread

Is that the fucking red Power Ranger?

nope, if piracy is a crime then so should be recreating works of arts by any means.

literally who does emulation hurt

I applaud your honesty.

Is borrowing from a friend as bad as XYZ?

Oh wait, its the... same thing.....huh, wow, weird.

stealing cars is illegal and immoral and can get people killed
pirating a video game is harmless. it's like peeing in a womens mouth

Even piracy goes in hand with free market one way or another, as some people pointed out, out of production stuff is just not something the owning company can solve if they want to profit without putting out some effort, as for modern stuff, people usually want a fairly sized demo at least, when a person really likes the game they are most likely to buy it at some point, if the person is just a hoarder they can pirate a ton of games which they might not even play at all, and then there is the DRM debacle where legit users are the ones getting the short end of the stick.

Imagine if there was no way to buy the original car

you could buy or rent a modern rerelease of the car but it's a worse product than the original car

but the original car is too expensive

but also you can just emulate the original car for free to enjoy it

and this doesn't take away the original car from people who own it nor does it in any real way affect its value

>literally who does emulation hurt
The feelings of enormously fat people wearing Mario T-shirts.

>Goes over to friends house for a movie
>Tis fine.
>Friend lends me a copy of the movie over the internet
>Everyone loses their minds.

you already can 3DPrint xars bro, we can literally pirate cars now!

Scalping faggots.

Man he's speaking facts, cool-
Oh wait my PS3 ISO collection torrent just finished, talk to you later