Guys, have you encountered AMD GPU driver crashing problem?

I have a 6900XT and a 3080Ti.
my 6900XT has very frequent driver crashing problems.
But the 3080Ti almost never crashes.
This made me very annoyed. So much so that I started thinking about selling the 6900XT and waiting for a replacement 4090.

Attached: Screenshot_2022-07-18-09-33-45-0746747134_EDIT_1658108035534.jpg (2551x1346, 205.79K)

windows issue

shill thread

yes. i was an amdDrone for years, then i bought a 2070s and have no desire to go back to amd

is it the amd driver timeout?
update your bios if you have a x570 or one of the newer intel boards since pci-e 4.0 has some documented issues
also go into power settings on windows and swing the slider all the way to performance
been over a year now of streaming with a 5700xt and playing, keep my pc on 24/7 and 0 timeout issues

>4090.
I can't wait for psu incompatibilities on top of driver problems

Have a 5700xt, doesn't have problems

Have no idea but my shit works fine
Have you tried using DDU?

Had a 5700XT, any game running on Unity would hard-crash the GPU, requiring a full system restart. It happened for months before I finally said fuck it and bought a 2070Super. My brother got the same card, and had a ton of similar issues, even got a replacement card from newegg and it had the same issues.

Ended up selling mine for double the price I bought it on Ebay to some miner during the ETH boom, so I guess it was for the best

I have used DDU. But the driver crash issue still exists. I'm considering whether to reinstall the whole windows 10 system.

>AMD still haven't improved from the Catalyst Control Center days

fucking KEK

Install Gentoo

>nvidia drivers require a login and an internet connection
>the absolute state of shadowplay vs. god tier relive
but to be fair if you buy a newly released amd card the drivers are always a crapshoot with blackscreens/bsods and weird edge cases for like 3 months until they smooth out all the driver bugs

I do but only in very specific circumstances, mine crash if I leave a tab with twitter open in chrome with a video file playing on loop, I suspect it's actually one of my extensions causing this rather than twitter itself.

Disabling hardware video acceleration has mitigated this for me but it will still crash eventually unless I terminate the tab.

Games are 100% stable

I have a Sapphire 6700xt Nitro+

drivers and video encoding are the reason nvidia is still king despite AMD officially beating them in price per frame.

i will always be an amd drone because i don't want to pay extra for useless features i'll never use like 4k performance, dlss and raytracing, instead i'll just get the amd card that's $1k cheaper with the same performance at 1080/1440

just got my first amd gpu half a year ago and its been running perfectly with zero crashes, i dont know what shit youre doing but my machine just works

If it wasn't for emulation I'd buy amd. First card I owned was an ati 9600xt. Shit was a beast. Ran crysis on low at 40 fps on it lol

I have a 6900 XT. I've experienced no problems with it. Fantastic card. The raytracing on it sucks compared to nvidia cards though so I can't wait until the 7000 series releases and see how much they've improved.

Most emulator projects have migrated to vulkan which AMD has a performance edge in, the upcoming beta driver will also add multithreaded scheduling support for OpenGL which will address AMD's biggest performance hurdle with it.

i feel like this a shill but i seriously want to buy a 6600 xt with and a ryzen 5 5600x, i'm going to use it with an x570 motherboard; am i going to have the same problems of OP?

>AMD
>GPU driver issues
Boy, it's almost like every single generation we warn you that AMD has shitty drivers and yet you still fell for it.

No, however there is no sense using such a high end board with that cpu/gpu combo unless there are very specific features you need, consider a b550 (with flashback in case it has an old BIOS) instead

I have a 6900XT and a 3080Ti.
my 3080Ti has very frequent driver crashing problems.
But the 6900xt almost never crashes.
This made me very annoyed. So much so that I started thinking about selling the 3080Ti and waiting for a replacement 7900xt.

The upcoming open gl driver is like 13 years late and from what I read nvidia will still have better opengl performance anyway.