Love2D or Godot?

I'm new to programming and want to make a 2D game. Should I learn Lua and use Love2D or learn GDScript and use Godot? Which language is more beginner friendly?

Attached: 1657908818585.jpg (983x360, 40.29K)

doing a game without an engine might be a lot more work, but what you learn can be applied to any other language, while what you learn by using an engine will only apply to the engine itself

never heard of Love2D, i can imagine there's plenty of superior options. Godot is for if you are gonna use C#

how is this even a question? one is trash the other is love2d, it's right in the name
If you decide going 3d in the future use unity, or if you're scared about the malware use O3DE

>Godot is for if you are gonna use C#
I think you have it confused with unity

Why is Godot trash?

Lua is actually useful for outside of game programming so I'd say start there. It also has great documentation online

it appears you are correct/i am mistaken

you can use c# on godot though, i think

trans rights!!!!

I don't mean to be a schizo but I've never heard Love2D discussed on this board but now in the past couple months have seen countless threads that are always "i'm new to programming should i use X or Love2D". Just look at the archives, it all started popping up around April of this year.

best game made with godot:

Attached: 1658100894269.jpg (2560x1440, 2.03M)

?

but that's not my game

yeah it seems weird doesn't it? a more apt ask would be [game engine] or HTML5

>Literally named after a book about waiting for someone that never comes to pass
>Long-standing GitHub issues get automatically closed "to keep development progressing"
>Retarded, highly unperformant proprietary script format with incomplete, also unperformant C# bindings
>Constant missed release targets and deadlines
>Doesn't even support Vulkan, 4.0 which adds initial Vulkan support is scheduled for mid-2023 (Read: Late 2024)
>Incomplete documentation, sometimes outright missing code snippets in examples and tutorials
>One-way proprietary asset digest formats for some retarded reason
>Community consists entirely of vertical-slice demotards without a single finished product, commercial or otherwise
>Exactly one notable game released using the engine, does it absolutely no favors in showcasing any strengths it may have and instead exposes issues with it
Fuck Godot

Attached: 1611408757852.jpg (750x732, 70.4K)

Isn't Lua a bitch tho? My experience with it was msotly being extremely annoyed that I had to manually recreate the most basic things.

neither, user
use unity

Attached: reaching chad.jpg (720x671, 20.95K)

>a lot more work
you will not even finish a game. to make an engine you'd need to be well educated in math, physics which 99.99% of people on this website aren't.

only thing you have to manually recreate are objects, but its like 2 lines, to me its worth it just for the cool stuff you can do with tables

I honestly don't even care if I finish or get anywhere near it. Making an engine from scratch is fun. I'm not good at math by any means and it wasn't well optimized but I had a good time

actually not true
most engines share a lot of similarities in their frameworks, and most of them are built around OOP. Learning an engine will not only teach you game programming fundamentals that can be applied to any engine, but also OOP fundamentals.

just get the raylib pill

>Exactly one notable game released using the engine
Sonic Colors Remake, I presume? Since Cruelty Squad remains pretty niche.

Cruelty Squad is also not a good example

I heard that Sonic Colors was made with a modified version of Godot because base Godot couldn't handle the game