Dude you still don't own a game even if you buy it physical

>dude you still don't own a game even if you buy it physical
why is he so retarded?

Attached: ross.png (1047x953, 1.34M)

You only own a temporary container holding a perishable copy of the game

i don't know what that is but you only have home use license when you buy a game. it's usually all covered in the game box if you ever bothered to learn to read

you own a licence to play a copy of the game

A game can only be considered yours if you can copy it and use it on different types of hardware.

You only own shit if you have license to reproduce and sell it.
If your precious physical disk breaks or rots (it fucking will) you will not be eligible for a replacement.
Do we really have to have this shit every day?
What are you fags even lobbying for?

Attached: 111.png (900x971, 39.79K)

But he's right though. Modern consoles have always online drm at a system level. If Sony shuts down the authentication server you lose your games. The console can't even recognize them.

He's talking about pc games and he's right.

>OP is a retard who doesn't understand DRM or the fact that many physical "games" are just download codes now.

Attached: 91569954_p0.png (750x1150, 584.54K)

>He's talking about pc games

Attached: capture.png (1279x665, 1.38M)

in that case you don't truly own anything

physical games are actually worse for ownership since most don't even come with the full game anymore and they're all susceptible to physical damage and are going to suffer from disc rot eventually

I'm surprised he didn't include THPS5, with the disc only having like, a fraction of the game on it and it needing a 30 gig download at launch. That's probably one of the worst offenders.

online games aren't real games

this is correct, you bought a license for a single iteration of that piece of software, you do not hold any rights to the software itself

>too stupid to understand simple logic
kys.
a DRM-free download confers more ownership than a disc protected by DRM.
>but I can't hold a download!
burn your own disc, brainlet
>but I can't sell a download!
can't sell the DRM disc either unless you're scamming someone and you can do that without any game at all, brainlet

Sure you do, you can own a chair, the object is what you own in itself
But with a game it's the contents of the disc
You have no claim to ownership of the digital information recorded on that disc

You may be surprised to find that you are infact the retard in this situation.

I can sell the disc

Wrong

are you guys poor? who actually sells their games when they're done with them? I always used to regret that shit when I was a kid.

What worth will the disc hold when the game on it is unplayable due to servers being shut down?

>physical case just has a download code or it's gfwl
That's probably the context, you don't really own any pc game that requires an online service to be played.

>game is unplayable
>'yeah but I can still sell the 16 grams of worthless plastic'
ok retard

He's right if the physical game you bought is purely online with zero single player.

In reference to (((physical))) games that just contain a download code.

>it's an user doesn't know about goods & services legislation

You are the owner of that _instance_ of the IP, this is what allows you to resell it and legally it means no company can bar your access to it. They do so anyway, because they haven't been challenged on this.

You ever heard of microplastics retard? Shit goes for huge money on the market

he's right
you are not allowed to make copies of the game and you're not legally allowed to modify it
the devs can also ban you whenever they want making you unable to play your physical copy
enjoy your wasted money because you were too retarded to pirate

Or just any game that relies on a server that might go away. Stop jumping through hoops to avoid admitting that game data can be useless even if it's written to plastic.

>all gameplay content is free
>there is one version of the game without community fracturing DLC
>community has access to an SDK and makes content for the game
>developer sells lootboxes and gives community a cut of the money
>no power can be bought with money, only cosmetics
>server binaries are available for private community servers
>no need to pay $70 a year for the same game but with last years content stripped out
>all gameplay content remains available to play forever
GaaS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> shit > GaaP