What are review scores that broke an entire fanbase?

What are review scores that broke an entire fanbase?

Attached: 888015B4-33B9-4D3F-9E4D-4A7A49C8E21A.png (480x988, 475.67K)

why are iphone faggots so fucking retarded?

Attached: Polygon plays Doom.webm (718x404, 1.25M)

wtf are you talking about?

15 years ago those review scores sent people into a frenzy. Op would like to talk about it now in 2022 for some reason

People stopped caring about scores since gamergate
And the only people who cares are the same people that need a point to win their discussions, like why botw is better than some sport game from 2009

I remember reading something about the New Vegas one where Obsidian would only receive their bonus if their meta score was 85 or higher
I don't know if that's true, but if it is, then it definitely seems like it was corporately influenced

>wtf are you talking about?
Jeff Gerstmann gave an 8.8 score to TP and people went apeshit

Attached: 2022215-4dn4ihh.jpg (862x882, 103.48K)

I still don't know why I'm supposed to think TP is a bad game

8.8 is a great score
Why are they seething? Nintendies are pathetic

BOTH INFERIOR THE THE BEST 3D RPG OF ALL TIME

Attached: 1645648836839.jpg (1024x578, 51.29K)

Or you know, Zeldafags speficically are pathetic

It's funny how in retrospect the 8.8 was really generous by gerstmann

>Jeff Gersmann is fat!!! LOL!!!
Indescribably based

As cancer as all journalists not just game journos are it's hard not to see where they are coming from at times after 8.8

>I don't know if that's true, but if it is, then it definitely seems like it was corporately influenced
Why would you take less money than you're stopping someone else from getting without ratting?

It was seen as OoT2 back then, people wouldn't settle for anything but 10/10, it was a really silly overreaction.

Attached: 1618521511846.png (721x699, 492.99K)

Only retards care about review scores. Gaming journalists can't be trusted.

It's actually brought up in an economics textbook as an example of unreasonable consumer expectations.
Some user posted a pic of it once.

This pic only makes me want to have "boy".

Now you have streamers/influencers who are literally paid to shill games directly.
The old model was unironically a thousand times better, where print and internet media journos had an actual salary and stable job, instead of following trends and getting paid off by publishers, always a couple missed streams away from their house of cards collapsing and returning to obscurity.

Every old unsubstantiated claim about payolla is now unequivocally true, out in the open, among the tastemakers of the medium.
And retarded zoomers, including ones ITT who don't remember GerstmannGate, don't even realize that they've been fucked.

"gr8 b8 m8 I r8 it 8.8" -jeff gerstmann

I don't care about the score, what irks me is that Betheshit promised bonus pay to Obsidian if they got 8.5 and it just stop at 8.4.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 116.72K)

Attached: unleashedign.jpg (1336x287, 25.6K)

I'd be more tempted to agree with you if all of them didn't swallow a giant dildo in 2014 and decide their audience and games was the enemy.

Gamespot and IGN had top heavy reviews, any new instalment from a cherished series or highly anticipated title not getting in the mid to high 9s was indicative of the game being less than an all time great. Everyone desired a high score to validate games they liked so they can feel that they're living through the good times, experiencing the all time great video games as they released.

Got you interested enough to reply ;)