ITT: God tier FPS

ITT: God tier FPS.

Attached: FEAR shotgun carnage.webm (960x680, 2.73M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CLNkIyTp2tg
youtu.be/XlgsmZHVXt4
youtu.be/aqM-8iTXBxI
youtu.be/KQN3yKYkFmE
youtube.com/watch?v=ZiTX4dchAnQ
fear-community.org/downloads/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

is the multiplayer still alive

Attached: 1607169737817.jpg (462x147, 29.7K)

Attached: Blood akimbo.webm (636x480, 2.64M)

boomers be like
>parkour and superpowers have no place in an fps which is why Doom Eternal sucks
>btw the best single player fps ever made is F.E.A.R.

>dude what about a game where you can just play in slowmo constantly and everything is a flying punching bag
Maybe the worst influence on FPS games ever

Filtered

Attached: FEAR shotgun clearing 2.webm (800x450, 2.89M)

There is literally no fps influenced by FEAR. CoD, Battlefield and Halo ate up the decade.

underage faggot shut your mouth. how the fuck did fear influence any game

you know what? i never usted slow mo while i was playing fear, i felt like i was cheating

It influenced all that garbage set-piece "realistic" shooter crap like Metro

Metro games are great, though.

Zoomzoom

> 2022
> what games did FEAR influence

Fugkin bruh

Zoomers hate Metro.

Attached: 1652059392920.webm (960x540, 2.67M)

MARINA MARANAX

Where my Pilots at?

Attached: 279f86c78dba73cac8a7cec9bcc27c56.gif (498x278, 1.92M)

Was it simply too sophisticated for an audience raised on CoD?

Attached: Titanfall 2 madness.webm (640x360, 2.94M)

Killing Floor 1 and 2. Though I do like 2's gameplay a bit more, I prefer 1, mainly because it's more aesthetically consistent.

zoomers never played UT or quake, so... yes

Game is easy af

Fistful Of Frags

Best modern fps is Titanfall 2, my old school favorite is perfect dark

i dont care for future settings unless it's an rts, but even then it has to fit my specific autism. im a ww2 guy. m1 garands are just too fucking sexy.

FEAR is such overrated garbage

Zoomin'

Attached: FEAR shotgun rampage 3.webm (800x450, 2.93M)

faggot

FEAR was a cool game for the first couple of hours but then you realize all you do in the game is just slowmo then kill and repeat it becomes a chore.

>then you realize all you do in the game is just slowmo
FEAR is dramatically improved by never using the slowmo shit. It never should have been in the game. Anyone who ever posts webms of FEAR that make extensive use of the slowmo is objectively a faggot.

>He doesn't know

Attached: FEAR AI playing dead.webm (1280x720, 2.81M)

> FEAR is dramatically improved by never using the slowmo shit. It never should have been in the game. Anyone who ever posts webms of FEAR that make extensive use of the slowmo is objectively a faggot.

>t. am trans so respect my shitty opinion or i'll seethe

Any Forumsros i love fps so much, from Blood to Titanfall 2, they are all so much fun, Fear, Doom Eternal, Ultrakill, Unreal, Duke, i have played them all and I love all of them.

Fear without slow-no is just a boring tactical shooter with good gore and bad AI.

Pretty sure combat shut down like 5+ years ago. I think there was a community effort to continue it but idk if its still around

Then with slowmo it would just be a boring tactical shooter with good gore and bad AI and a slowmo mode.

>fps
>god tier
>single player
brainlet thread

Fear wasnt terribly realistic (more than unreal/hl/etc I suppose) and its barebones budget didnt give it much in the way of setpieces.
If you want to know what game influenced all the setpiece shooters, look no further than HL2

Call of Duty was far more set piecey

>single player is...le bad! it's just is...okay?

>its barebones budget didnt give it much in the way of setpieces
It didn't have a barebone budget and it actually did have set pieces but they were all cut. If you go watch the old trailer you'll see things like a car chase sequence and a helicopter battle that were cut from the final game. There was also apparently a sniper sequence that was cut. FEAR was changed massively during the development cycle. The alpha build footage is probably still on YT if you want a look.

>n-n-nooo my ai in corridooors! other players are heckin problematic

I’m trying to pin down when CoDs spectacle set pieces went from things that were actually memorable and you enjoyed playing to slog that constantly changed what you’re doing because the CoD player base has the attention span of a goldfish.

0 level design, not a doom game, weapon swapping is dogshit, suck my balls

Attached: FEAR shotgun impact.webm (1280x720, 2.85M)

If it didn't have aim assist, low HP and hitscan, it would easily be the best FPS game

Its budget was meager compared to HL2 and doom 3
And how the hell does cut content count for influencing successors

Attached: Arc Complex.webm (896x504, 2.86M)

BF3: reality project (Project Reality 2) is coming out tomorrow. Hopefully it succeeds where Squad failed.

Recommend me some good, fast-paced FPS games where you just run and gun, no scrounging around for health and ammo or anything like that. I love All Day Dying and like Severed Steel, so anything like them. Bonus points for slowmo.

Attached: vlc-record-2021-01-24-21h08m53s-Desktop 2021.01.24 - 20.12.12.03.DVR.mp4-.webm (533x300, 2.96M)

Nice fucking corridor asshole

Squad is literally PR and this is literally PR with Battlefield 3.
What the fuck are you expecting?

OH MY GOD, IS THAT A HALLWAY WITH NO BRANCHING PATHS? I'M GOING INSAAAANE

Attached: 1657560993046.jpg (640x636, 50.67K)

>I AM SILLY
Absolute state of NuDoom niggers

Better optimization with the environment, the ability to have destructible environments, squad leaders being able to have their own call-ins rather than relying on the commander, attack helicopters for CAS, a developer team that understands how to build maps that don't enforce a HABs everywhere meta, and maybe jets for CAS. I love Squad, but it has more in common with Hell Let Loose than with PR now.

>super interesting air gun
>feels like a pea shooter
>becomes actual pea shooter after a few shots
whhhyyyyyyy

Max Payne was a cool game for the first couple of hours but then you realize all you do in the game is just slowmo then kill and repeat it becomes a chore.

Attached: Max Payne gameplay.webm (960x720, 2.94M)

is that a CORRIDOR!!??

Attached: 1578535259534.jpg (1280x720, 176.3K)

name all the worth playing 00's fps
you can't.

i just started playing through this game for the first time and it is so fucking boring and slow. the most fun i have derived from it is just slow mo head shotting people with the pistols since they're the only gun that actually feels like a gun and not some squish toy. even the shot gun doesn't feel that great, even though it looks devastating it lacks punch.

It's amazing how many single-player+multiplayer games I've bought and ignored the multiplayer portion. But I did play F.E.A.R.'s multiplayer and it was pretty good. I played it before the multiplayer was free, too; it seems like some people think the multiplayer portion was always free, but it absolutely was not. I don't know if anyone's still playing it, but I'd assume it's got a tiny community at best. Multiplayer communities always die unless the game is fucking legendary, which is why I've never bothered with the tacked-on multiplayer portions of single-player games except in rare cases like when F.E.A.R. was pretty much the only PC game I had.

Serious Sam TFE/TSE/2
FEAR
Borderlands
Half-Life 1/2
Halo 1/2/3
Far Cry 2
Some of the Call of Duty games

Attached: Flamethrower slaughter.webm (720x405, 2.86M)

Smart pistol filtered me hard in T1, absolutely hated that garbage and refuse to ever play anything Respawn put out afterwards

>Serious Sam 2
your taste in games is not bad

>literal corridor shooter

Thanks for proving you haven't played FEAR
Same goes for you. And what fucking influence you idiot? COD4 came out 2 years later if you want to talk about influence in FPS games.

actually gay and homo takes lmoa

Attached: 1638764787938.gif (350x350, 653.75K)

If you're referring to the webm, I hope you're just shitposting and realize that Serious Sam isn't known for corridors (and in fact suffers from too many wide-open empty spaces).

Yeah, I'm making fun of the other faggot ITT who thinks a hallway existing means a game is shit.

kek
okay sorry

>Half-Life 1
Wait, shit, that was '98, I got it confused with Halo 1.

>linear hallway
>weapon swapping just for a DPS increase, not actually using guns as tools for specific situations
Thanks for proving him right.

the thing is Max Payne actually felt fun to kill people and had an engaging story that took breaks between parts. FEAR is the same shit over and over again with shitty horror story in the background.

Well, with slow-mo you can just say "fuck it" and melee entire squads to death and/or fly around arenas with dual handguns or shotgun. It even gets more colorful if you push the magic button.

>not actually using guns as tools for specific situations
He used pinpoint guns to destroy weakpoints and SSG for a high damage finishing move which also gives you 30 armor back. Arc Complex is also that part where you finally got all the tools and the encounters haven't caught up yet, so it's fairly easy.

Max Payne actually has you DODGE enemy bullets, it's fun as fuck, you don't just press slow-mo to become invincible, you press it because there's a bunch of enemies filling the air with lead and that's your answer to that.

>He used pinpoint guns to destroy weakpoints
Wow, he destroyed one weakspot in between TWENTY ONE WEAPON SWAPS in eighteen seconds. That's totally using it as a precise tool for specific long range engagements and not just spamming it as a raw dps increase
>high damage finishing move
Wow, he switched weapons to do an unnecessary burst damage finisher so he could pick up 2 armor shards from the flaming guy (who could be ignited from the special button you unlock after completing level 1). Truly a planned moment for this tool and not just spamming swaps for DPS increase.

He destroyed more than one weakpoint. Pay attention, please. I know it's difficult for your aging brain, but you need to work it out to stave off that dementia.

>b-b-buh he hit the giant ass mancubus arms swinging around too! it totally mattered and was intentional in between staggerlocking them
Notice how you didn't say jack shit about the fact that he was at full armor. There is no guns as tools anywhere in that WEBM, its spamming weapon swaps to the highest burst damage weapons for a DPS increase by cancelling their reloads. The only tool is damage and nothing else.

Attached: Cultist Base.webm (640x360, 2.94M)

What is it about doom that causes autistic meltdowns? Any time the modern games are mentioned in a thread a hoard of retards give their handlers the slip and fall on the thread like a pitbull on a baby

Attached: 20210324_125507.jpg (320x365, 6.27K)

There's only one really hard fight in Arc Complex and it's the laundromat room. Pretty much every other fight you can do whatever, he could've spammed chaingun through that corridor and it would have been fine.

Zoomer hands typed this

Attached: 1655752366909.png (512x550, 254.37K)

Only game I played more then FFXI back in the day.

Attached: rockettorail.jpg (300x168, 7.36K)

Also armor pieces last 20 seconds on the floor. Notice how he Blood Punched that Arachnotron and then immediately recovered a Blood Punch charge. That's because there was a ton of armor pieces lying around ready to be hoovered up by Slayer's magic arse.

FEAR is 5/10 at best

Nice delusions retard

Based, game is boring as hell

cod4 to bo1 was the golden age
wolfenstein new order and doom 2016
dishonored and prey

i will shit on doom eternal for one simple fact
the little fucks spawn forever so you don't run out of ammo but even on easy they still have perfect accuracy and still body block you constantly

also fuck the doomguards or whatever that just autoblock everything

Seething dildoomer
Captcha: YJPKKK

>tranny needs to be playing with other trannies online to enjoy games

>eats 4 shots from a tommy gunner
This shit is pink on the inside.

>the little fucks spawn forever so you don't run out of ammo but even on easy they still have perfect accuracy and still body block you constantly
git gud

their accuracy is bad compared to D2016 btw, precisely because they respawn

I never used slow motion in F.E.A.R once. I played it on hardest. It's honestly a pretty good time. AI is still pretty good, and occasionally does some really unpredictable things. You did it wrong.

Clearly on a noob difficulty, he takes no damage and the cultists never attack him despite him not crouching

The cultists are throwing bundles of dynamite which means it's either well done or extra crispy. What happened was he loaded a save which changes enemy damage scaling to that of pink on the inside for well done and still kicking for extra crispy. This behavior is most likely a glitch that went unnoticed because it doesn't happen on the default setting (lightly broiled)

Makes sense.

Is that fixed in the Steam version?

Had to alt f4 today because the sun rose as soon as I got past the forest village and out into the giant encampment and every enemy is using either a red laser Valve or Doublet and

>my location gets found out even if I am inside a building because it is illuminated inside
>right side has another onetapper valver patrolling but I can't fucking see him to shoot because there is a massive fucking bush right in front of me but he can shoot me because hes a fucking AI
>can't leave the high-ground house with the 3 dudes talking to each other after killing them because not all of them will enter the house but will instead camp under a rock until I pop my head out and get sniped in the face from a random direction
>shotguns pierce through all wooden cover outside even if I avoid all the Chris Kyles somehow
>way too many bitches in general
>enemy literally snapped toward me instantaneously and matrixed my valve shot while I hadn't even come out of stealth yet
>fuck this game on ranger hardcore it is not fun this time
Thinking of just grabbing the valve upgrade and running away. This isn't fulfilling to me at all...

Attached: 412749812.png (1200x630, 1.14M)

Yes because it runs on a completely different game engine it didn't inherit this bug.

launching enemies in desync for a middie

Attached: desync_launch.webm (1920x1080, 2.6M)

>le zoom boom cuck
ok tranny

I like this webm much more than Arc Complex one (even if whoever is playing gets melee'd by a zombie). That Tyrant kill is nice, especially launching yourself in the air to charge DBlade without losing mobility. Love stuff like that in DE.

ENTER KING

Attached: DOOM Eternal art.jpg (1800x1350, 2.14M)

where is doomguy's neck?

>killing anyone this mission
enjoy getting the bad ending, faggot

He's hunched forward.

They aren't the best shooting fps's but Riddick and The Darkness are their own unique thing done really well. One thing I like about both is how immersive they do a first person perspective. You can look down and see your body and you feel like a real character instead of just a floating camera. You can emulate The Darkness on rpcs3 at 60 frames.

Attached: 1636885036556.webm (1920x1080, 2.8M)

is Titanfall 2 still active ?

Doom Eternal is already forgotten and will only be more forgotten as time goes on. It's worth one playthrough and that's it. The weapon juggling is simply not fun or satisfying and, while Eternal is an improvement on 2016 in level design, it's just still simply unfun to be moving around a real environment and get hardlocked into an arena. Single player arena shooting just simply isn't fun. You need to be engaging enemies as you progress through a level with encounters designed around level progression and that's it.

First chapter of this sucked ass, but gets better as it goes on

shit game for retards

>Doom Eternal is already forgotten
it clearly isn't tho

Never played FEAR but have been meaning to. The slow down sections: are they constant anytime you're in a battle or is it like Max Payne where it's on a cooldown?

You can slow time on command, it's just part of your toolset. You don't ever have to use it if you don't want to.

I remember FEAR1 multiplayer custom map were so fun.
>Pentium 4 Win7 barely running it
I miss it the good old days

It's been a few weeks since I last played it, but it peaks around 4-5k players.

Attached: Titanfall 2 2022.06.13 - 19.03.41.11.DVR.webm (1024x576, 2.9M)

I remember when this game released. It was mediocre as hell with some low effort horror. The entire game was fighting the same enemy copy-pasted through boring levels with slow motion that was never as dynamic as Max Payne's.
Everyone praising this game was probably underaged when it released, or just jumped on the bandwagon years later.

god damn that opening brass/strings at match start is PURE FUCKING KINO

youtube.com/watch?v=CLNkIyTp2tg

How does the second Soldier of Fortune compare to the first? Thinking of grabbing one of them.

The problem with Doom Eternal is that it’s not an FPS, it’s a pseudo puzzle game

It's mostly worse, I think. It tries to be a bit more realistic with its setting, it's a bit slower. Has some fun guns and missions, though, and a cool game mode where you randomly generate a mission and you can try to complete it in one life. Sort of a proto-roguelite mode. I think my problems with it was that AI can see through bushes in jungle missions, and sometimes through rendering distance fog? But it's worth a try if you liked the first one. It has an OICW (because of course it does) which has like 6 or 9 buttons dedicated to operating its built-in computer.

>I never pllayed DE but an eceleb reviewer said you HAVE to launch a shotgun grenade into the mouth of every single caco you encounter

that's about the same as Halo Infinite

>Focus. Fight. Win.
Yes, mommy.

Attached: 03ebe3271bc876ca8a6bc08c441ed06d.jpg (1274x2048, 254.47K)

Honestly that's probably how I'd react.

best game ever made

It was also very fun to kill people in Fear. Also, Fear did have breaks between the action. There were many sections of quiet wandering and exploration. Have you even played Fear?

HL 1 + 2, Opposing Force, Black Mesa
Ion Fury
Dusk
Duke3D
SS 1 & 2
Doom Eternal
Quake 1 + 2

Still many I need to play, but those are the ones I consider to be God-Tier that I've played.

Based

Yeah, pretty good for a 6 year old abandoned game, I'd say.

youtu.be/XlgsmZHVXt4

Attached: F.E.A.R. poster.jpg (857x1200, 246.93K)

Based actual FPS enjoyer.

>Reboot never ever
youtu.be/aqM-8iTXBxI

Attached: URBAN CHAOS.jpg (1600x1200, 660.34K)

yet FEAR is the most uninteresting story ever made, A story that somehow made slowmo shotgun fights dull and boring. the battles just keep going and going until you are finished with the little fun you had with the gameplay and eventually uninstall.

Dangerously based

Not him but this comes down to preference, i much prefer more punch that fear weapons provide and combat is honestly great

>You can emulate The Darkness on rpcs3 at 60 frames
The Darkness is one of those games that I wish was released in PC and I feel like rather than being like Arx Fatalis where it can be enjoyed forever it's gonna be exiled to the annals of history because fuck using a thumbstick to move your camera around in an FPS.

>FEAR is the most uninteresting story ever made
Apparently enormous chunks of story were cut out of FEAR. Originally there was actually another antagonist in the game called Krieg or something like that and he was just completely removed. They might have done this because a previous satire of Japanese media the developer did called Shogo had an insanely complex plot that wound up being borderline incomprehensible and they got heavily criticized for that.

Not to shit on FEAR more than it deserves (it deserves some, it's hilariously overrated), but what makes MP better is how slow-mo is intergral part of the fights because you literally can (and have) to dodge bullets with it. Not just run into the room and turn the entire squad into red paste using the shotgun before they can even react, but dodge and weave among the bullet trails.

60 FPS

Neon white
Cyber hook

Difficulty too high, the same reason why tarkov threads were banned for the first 3 years of it's life.

What is FEAR's FPS limit? Is it 120 or 60? I remember last time I tried playing this game I had to set a limit or the game would break, bugs would happen like I wouldn't be able to get out of water and stuff.

its random, the game if left open for too long will also cause FPS to just dump.

There is no limit, but the game's systems break down the farther above 60 you go. The jump in particular becomes worthless at 120, which makes the game unbeatable.

What the other guy said is true, but All Day Dying is way better than them. What I suggest instead is Ghostrunner, which is like a melee only all Day Dying except its more about just not dying and getting faster than anything score related.

Attached: ghostrunner the climb2.webm (720x405, 2.92M)

>Max Payne troons shilling their so much ON RAILS shooters the AI actions are all scripted down to grenade throws and movements
Lmao
youtu.be/KQN3yKYkFmE
Don't worry guys, I'm sure Sam Lake will make an actual game with AW2

Attached: Find the woman.jpg (2176x768, 209.68K)

Cool gameplay, I'm like the only fag that posts good gameplay webms on this board, finally someone else has been able to. Didn't know you could hit doors open like that, that's neat.

You can kill people and get the good ending I did.
I just beat it a week ago
>LETS FUCKING GO ARTYOM
Man Exodus was one the best games I played in a long time. I feel bad I payed 10 bucks for it.

Attached: 20220711215945_1.jpg (2560x1600, 956.39K)

Unmakyr>BFG
Remote Det> Lock on
Destroyer Blade>Arbalest
Full auto>Sticky Nade
Shield Chaingun>Turret Chaingun
Microwave Beam>>>>>>Heatshit
PB>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Micro Shitters
Marauder is the best enemy in the game and should be buffed
Equipment fiend> savagery>reave>bloodfueled

You may now kneel

Attached: lad.png (745x933, 963.68K)

Fairly active yeah, never have to wait more then five minutes for a match

Can I still join?

Attached: merc01.gif (640x480, 88.95K)

>Shield Chaingun>Turret Chaingun
that's not a controversial take, it even does more damage if you shield dash and it's almost literal god mode

All correct opinions

Attached: 1636956025662.png (500x594, 278.46K)

Unrealchads where we at?
youtube.com/watch?v=ZiTX4dchAnQ

Attached: Flak_Cannon_U1.png (185x152, 29.83K)

The nursing home.

People keep talking about how good trepang 2 is and how its the “real f.e.a.r 2” but when i played the demo it just felt like a generic shooter with sliding and slow-mo

That plus Turret is outclassed by Micro Missiles

Attached: smug grin.png (615x504, 120.73K)

>inb4 some retard replies with the Doom webm because he's too shit to recognise the difference between random spastic flailing and purposeful movement

At the nursing home gym

Attached: utchad.jpg (480x360, 20.99K)

Attached: Stalker dab.webm (800x450, 2.12M)

If you don’t like FoF you’re a nigger

I played fear 20 times or more but never seen that.

this looks like one of those fake games they show in tv

fear-community.org/downloads/
there's a full server most of the time in the evening

Attached: zero g.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

That's one small part at the beginning of the level

>It has an OICW (because of course it does) which has like 6 or 9 buttons dedicated to operating its built-in computer.
I'm sold

Attached: well that does it.webm (1280x720, 2.69M)

Based PRdad

yep, the gameplay is really not that good, slowmotion has barely any purpose.