When did you realise you were no longer with 'it' when it comes to Vidya?

When did you realise you were no longer with 'it' when it comes to Vidya?

Attached: it'll happen to you.png (512x384, 186.11K)

Never was

Attached: CrUvWkxVUAEK1aa.jpg (640x629, 56.91K)

micr transactions

when i started browsing Any Forums to talk about vidya and everyone has the shittiest fucking taste imaginable

the battle royale craze

The MOBA craze

When it stopped being about games and started being about politics

when they troonback to pixelated pseudo-retro autism

Never, because pretty much all my tastes just got fucking vindicated.

>Resurgence of CRPGs
>Turn based combat JRPGs selling like hot cakes
>Fire Emblem is now mainstream
>Banner of Maid is the best SRPG I've ever played
>Most people recognise New Vegas as the best nuFallout game
>SMT5 and Metroid Dread were both fantastic, long awaited sequels

Everything I like is becoming increasingly popular. Feels good man.

Attached: 1611143373279.png (457x560, 320.26K)

BASED

When I went to check out my copy of FFXV and the kid at the till was saying how he can only play Call of Duty games

This. Dracula X Chronicles for the PSP was a full recreation of Rondo of Blood. It was a game I enjoyed but when I found out later that an unlockable secret is the ENTIRETY of Symphony of the Night I was ecstatic. Games back then were complete experiences and the more you played them the more you got out of them. Ape Escape had 3 full arcade style mini games within it. Final Fantasy 7 had an in game arcade and a bunch of findable secrets. They didn't have to do that but the people who made those games wanted to make a good impression.

Games now but only are anemic in content but also want you to pay real world money for shit that's ALREADY ON THE DISC! Even worse are the live service games which market paying for content less than a year later like its a good thing that the game was shipped unfinished. And the people that buy them not only see anything wrong with it but also defend it. And it feels like I'm living in clown world but attempting to explain why these players are getting robbed is like screaming into the void. So I stopped trying. I rarely buy new releases anymore. They just don't have anything for me. Most times literally.

>DLC
>micro-transactions
>loot boxes
>erly access

Yeah zoomers ADHD brains truly have ruined everything

Sometime around 15 years ago or so;
NES: 50+ games
Genesis: 50+ games
PS1: 50+ games
PS2: 20-30 games
PS3: 5-ish games
>no consoles after this point
Even on PC I'm lucky to find something worth playing every other year or so, so I mostly just replay old classics.

Attached: 1426019678245.jpg (750x563, 61.46K)

I miss old online vidya content

Attached: avgn dick tracey.jpg (480x360, 15.05K)

When MTX, especially the obsession with cosmetics and battlepasses, became the norm. I’m from the era of everyone mocking how gay horse armor was, little did we know what was to come. Normalizing MTX and artificial scarcity and FOMO shit was a years long agenda, and I watched it all happen in real time, with mid 30s boomers like me being pushed out of the industry while new, younger players joined who were thrown into a world were these things were the standard.

I just want to play a game thats complete and doesnt require £100 in DLC content after i buy the game

Game Pass has been a boon for me on PC. I've found a bunch of games I like. I get the occasional Switch exclusive too, but GP has introduced me to a lot of fun shit I probably wouldn't have played otherwise.

Minecraft as I just couldn't get the appeal.
Then later on item crafting showing up in every game under the sun as padding.

I don't even think it's just the zoomers, it's some sick relationship between publishers who keep pushing the envelope and zoomers who don't know any better. Star Wars Battlefront 2 had a gigantic fucking shitstorm over it's loot boxes. It was actually impressive. But then Destiny 2 released with the same fucking loot boxes. And we've seen more games with similar predatory loot box bullshit. But nobody makes a stink over it anymore because it's just normal now. Final Fantasy 15 split itself up into a bunch of DLCs and a movie to get the full story. Those DLCs had the character development of the characters that make up the main party. There are people that call it one of the greatest epics to exist. And my first thought is what the fucking fuck!?! Who came up with the idea of selling the character development of the main fucking characters. No other medium gets away with this shit. It's like watching Lord of the Rings but you have to pay to see what happened after Gandalf took Pippen to Gondor. And then pay again to see what happened with Merry. And then the chucklefucks who think this is fine says it's okay because they aren't the main characters.

Attached: 14470996353210.gif (672x378, 1.34M)

Battle royales and the great discord migration. I wasn't ready to leave teamspeak/vent/mumble behind.

Attached: 1609113503641.png (660x714, 65.62K)

>No other medium gets away with this shit
Just wait for DLC films and TV shows

The PS4 launch was when it truly hit me that my tastes are no longer the domain of the AAA world. A Playstation launch without ridge racer was the warning flag and the general death of AAA racing games that aren't sims in general really drove it home.

Years ago, a decade or so. It's cool. I my own niche of people now.

Around 2010. Microtransaction shenanigans were becoming a plague that was never around in the gaming scene (sans quarter-eating arcades). Then in 2014+ everything started to become overtly political and it completely poisoned the gaming environment, even worse than it already was.
Modern day games aren't for someone like me that grew up in a split between the 80's and 90's. It's pretty much an entirely different industry.

Gamergate

>fortnite BR becoming popular
>NFT games
>paid mods
>remasters of the destiny playerbase not revolting and ditching the game after House of Wolves and Taken King

This, because poorfag, but also when sjw shit became acceptable with 15 year olds.

Horse Armor

>The PS4 launch was when it truly hit me that my tastes are no longer the domain of the AAA world
Same

Definitely 360/PS3 era when gameplay took a massive backseat to everything else. There are and were always exceptions, but that was when it was clear to me. Also, things have selectively gotten better, but only because indies and modding has gotten so sophisticated that they are creating insane experiences I could have only wished for as a kid. Imagine if OoT randomizer was an unlockable game mode.

MTX and Esports.
Games are supposed to be fun entertainment, not wallet-draining merch alternatives or rage-inducing ELO treadmills. As soon as LoL started gaining traction I knew gaming was irrecoverably finished.

Attached: match.jpg (880x1000, 180.07K)