Bought this during the last Steam sale and I have to ask, did I get bamboozled...

Bought this during the last Steam sale and I have to ask, did I get bamboozled? So far this game is boring as fuck and the time looping is just annoying. I'm about to hit the time limit for a refund so I need to ask, is the entire game like this? Just going to planets and reading text?

Attached: 3f3f0488-39e1-4ea1-961f-725a39480706_Outer+Wilds_banner.jpg (1920x1080, 232.34K)

Outer Wilds is the ultimate NPC test. NPCs do not have the curiosity drive that makes them want to explore and discover things of their own volition. There are no immediate dopamine rewards that most games have, like cosmetics, unlocks, and leveling up. You play because you want to explore and uncover the mystery, NPCs are physically incapable of doing this.

It's a puzzle exploration game, did you think you were going to be blasting aliens or some shit? I dont think you got "Bamboozled" so much as youre just kind of stupid.

Yes, you fell for the dedicated shill. Sorry.

go back to Fortnite

fpbp

Same with subnautica, I am just the shooty shooty, drive Cars and beat up people kinda guy, and thats not a crime. Not yet

it's an exploration game, so just refund it

take your meds

Yea that’s the whole game

Yes it sucks. And yes, I did finish it. Its a Any Forums shill game. But this board also likes empty boring sandbox breath of the wild too so what did you expect? Open world meme is rotting the brain. Sometimes Any Forums has some good recs like Return of Obra Dinn, but this one ain’t it. Its got reddit aliens

Don't listen to the elitism answer. Just close this thread and play it blind now before you got spoiled.

I like exploring in games but nothing about this world is engaging me. So far the most interesting thing I've found is these underground ruins in Brittle Hollow, but that's not that interesting. Doesn't help that everything looks like some indie dev's first unity project mixed with Kerbal space program.

>too dumb to be enticed by the idea of figuring something out
>reads what the game presents to him without actually figuring out why
Pick a question the game presents and try to find out the reason, eventually you'll understand why the time loop is necessary for both story and exploration

there are a lot of locations in ORANGE TEXT that are a challenge to get to. try figuring out where the ORANGE TEXT places are, and how the creatures that originally created them got to the ORANGE TEXT places

I really do like this game, but I'm stuck and am completely stumped on where to go. I found the quantum moon, but I don't know exactly what I'm supposed to be finding there that's important. I'm also totally lost on where in the Dark Bramble the Vessel is. I found the NPC guy in the anglerfish skeleton though. Any help would be appreciated.

Also what is up with those red bubbles in the Bramble? I have absolutely no idea what it does.

The loop was annoying for a while for me, but i learned to love it, and it's worth it plot wise. When it clicks during the ending is worth it

For the people who are saying this game is good, please tell me whether you liked or disliked the following games:

Celeste
Disco Elysium
Tunic

I love posts like this that prove brainlets roam this board

I remember being stuck too, it was annoying. The thing with quantum rocks is you have to use your photo tool thing to [REDACTED]

haven't played any of them

Well I havnt played any of those and I loved outer wilds. I have 0 interest in celeste, both for story and gameplay. Disco Elysium is interesting and I'll prob play it at some point. Tunic looks fine for what it is but I dont have nostalgia for older LoZ games so I dont think I'm the target audience and prob wont play.

>The thing with quantum rocks is you have to use your photo tool thing to [REDACTED]
I understand that, I'm just a bit confused on what exactly I'm supposed to be finding. I discovered the trick with the picture by coincidence, and I'm not sure if I needed more context on what to find there.

can you get to all of the moon?
find the escape pod first, in relative space, it's almost next to the vessel
theres no mystery to the red bubbles, it's roe

>find the escape pod first
Oh shit okay, and I'm assuming it gives off a frequency like the other two escape pods?

>can you get to all of the moon?
Also yeah I figured out the trick where you take the photo from space in order to land on it. I just figured it out by pure coincidence though, so I'm worried I'm missing context on what's supposed to be there.

the red bubbles are anglerfish eggs

Use the sound tool in bramble to find clues.
To get around fish don't make sound and just drift

go to every location on the quantum signalscope frequency

Fucking awesome, genuinely helpful tips. Thanks anons.

Landing on the quantum moon is just the first step. Try seeking the other quantum temples if you want more information.

have fun user

This game is Return of the Obra Dinn but in space and much more frustrating and less fun. Sucks because I loved Obra Dinn but this game and the fanbase is just so annoying.

fpbp
if you haven't had the ending spoiled for you then my advice when you get there is to hold on tightly to your balls and take the leap

Attached: Outer-Wildsox.jpg (1280x720, 124.76K)