Final Fantasy 16 ditched turn-based combat to appeal to younger generations, producer says

>Final Fantasy 16 ditched turn-based combat to appeal to younger generations, producer says
based zoomers killed final fantasy

videogameschronicle.com/news/final-fantasy-16-ditched-turn-based-combat-to-appeal-to-younger-generations-producer-says/?utm_source=onesignal&utm_medium=push

Attached: 1632092906481.png (579x684, 316.06K)

So this is what it feels like to get left behind.

Final Fantasy has been dead since 13. It's just a zombie now.

tears in rain..

first time?

And it’s been dying since FF8

>not being TB killed FF
you faggot that franchise has been trash even when it still had such
>t. millennial

Final fantasy sucked since 13 who cares.

Persona
Dragon Quest

Are there among many if you want traditional turned based JRPGs.

Attached: 107b40586076213bf8e2613ec61a4e5dd.jpg (1000x1333, 490.82K)

Please stop making this fucking thread

>FFIV killed Final Fantasy
Cool thread guys.

>Final Fantasy 16 ditched turn-based combat

Didn't Final Fantasy ditch turn-based combat decades ago? Why is this a surprise after XV did all it possibly could to appeal to zoomers?

that's funny ive also ditched final fantasy decades ago.

I live for boomer tears. They still think anyone gives a shit what they think. It's been over 20 years since FF was turn based by the way. Wake the fuck up.

Attached: reminder.jpg (1017x769, 136.81K)

Because you're in a Barry thread. He's so mindbroken now that he will use absolutely anything to make FF16 look bad, even if it's something that applies to more than half of all FF games as well.

"boomers" moved on a long time ago. its just pathetic fags like you warring on about video games like autistic faggots lmao.

Attached: 1560983193241.png (1080x1920, 625.84K)

there's already a thread up about this. Stop spamming, Barry.

turnbased is a finished genre, there is nothing to improve upon or differentiate anymore.

Only games turnbased still works in are tactics rpgs because positioning and planning ahead allow for much more freedom in combat.

This producer is now the reason why Final Fantasy is not selling like it once did. You can’t take a game that thrives on its stories and combat then turn into a KH meets Tales, meets DMC and then the story gets smashed out in 30 hours and it becomes a one and done kind of game. So, he thinks adding a difficulty level to these games now will make it more challenging and last longer. What an absolute joke. You can still have great graphics and keep the concept that once made the games great.

This is like him saying “Oh, we can’t have turn-based because the graphics are just toooo good now”. Seriously, this guy keeps shoving his foot in his mouth. If the things he says were anywhere near true, why are they constantly remastering the old games? Why are the old games selling better than these new ones? Why are the fans dying to play the old games and reminiscing constantly about how great they were?

It’s sad. SE is my favorite company, but my God, they just out here chasing every other game companies sales and have become money hungry sobs just like these FPS companies. Apparently the world needs more battle pass FPS games and more hack-n-slash-your-way-to-the-end games. Games that take no strategy or brain capacity whatsoever or the battle pass games you don’t even have to play if you have enough cash you can just pay for everything. If this is what the “younger generation” wants, how can you even call that gaming. It’s as if they want everything handed to them. That’s utterly boring, because the concept of gaming used to be rewarding, time consuming, and story driven…not a one-and-done 30-hour experience with great graphics you paid $70 plus for. If I wanted to play an action-based game, I’d stick to the OGs like the Tales games.

Attached: 1641147149200.jpg (720x707, 49.05K)

Lol what
There's still tons of experimentation that can be done in turn based jrpgs. Devs are just too lazy. Try out saga scarlet grace or grandia. Even xenogears.

>21 posts
>on the 10th page
dead thread
should've baited people into the thread

what are you here for?

He is the only reason Square is still afloat as a company due to his success with FF14

Yes last pure turn based final fantasy was in 2001 with FFX. OP is just a nugget who has a hate boner for FFXVI and been spamming this shit for days. It’s because Yoshi p and his team are working on the game and OP hates yoshi p for some reason.

Attached: 4FB8719B-BC86-4076-A038-F630BCA2418A.jpg (828x1163, 312.86K)

You fags are the worst. Always ruining good games with gimmick mechanics and gimmick boss fights. I don't want to play your stupid RPG with rhythm game gimmicks or minigame combat, 123-QTE combo gimmicks.

>replying to a retarded frogposter

Attached: 8F69F98A-5800-4ECA-BD84-F434BFEA4702.jpg (768x768, 160.4K)

What the actual fuck are you even talking about? Half of the Final Fantasies are not turn based. Most are ATB, and then some of them are auto-attack. Almost all the spin-offs are action RPGs. Who the fuck cares about this?

based ethics department

Attached: E5Pd9dhXMAU22LX.jpg (587x1024, 61.65K)

Can you dick-splitting cult stop overestimating how much that garbage MMO makes?

Why do you faggot boomers like turn based combat? its fucking boring and uninteresting, zero replay value.

And it has been sick since Final Fantasy VI

I wish 16 would have romance again.

It's not like squeenix was good at making turn based combat anyways

I just want a classic, mid budget, ATB, highly stylized spin-off using Amano artwork.
Hydaelyn model in XIV proves his style can translate into 3D.

>overestimating
Besides, it shouldn't matter how financially successful a game is. The only thing that matters is how much SOVL it has. Like, FF9 is the greatest Final Fantasy game in the post-FF7 era and it sold the worst.

Attached: 1657852869457.png (640x657, 360.71K)

Maybe I don't go on Any Forums enough, but is it stanard procedure to remake a thread with the exact same image and text hours after the original died?

Is it just me or is there zero organic hype for XVI? Seems like nobody cares.