Go near a black hole in space engine

>Go near a black hole in space engine
>Get a bit of anxiety
>As I get closer heart starts pounding more and more, feel dizzy
>Get a full panic attack
Have you ever played a game with such a scary atmosphere?

Attached: 1640939284154.jpg (1280x720, 136.52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=351JCOvKcYw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Shouldn't the black hole be more spheric?

Attached: Los-astronomos-han-descubierto-dos-agujeros-negros-supermasivos-en-espiral.gif (777x437, 3.16M)

>Have you ever played a game with such a scary atmosphere
Yes, Bob the builder for the ps1.

I played Outer Wilds in VR and the first time I came across the black hole I got anxiety and accidentally fall in it was panic.
Black holes are fucked

Attached: STScI-01G7NFDTGCFEEX265JC8DYA9CB.png (1877x1987, 1.57M)

No, just like our solar system, the rings around Saturn, all the other solar systems around us, and our galaxy itself, they are a disk shape. There is a good reason for all these objects to work out to be disks as well.

As a system forms, objects are crashing into each other all around the stellar object. As these smaller objects start to group together, knock other objects out of orbit, the dominate axis of rotation starts to appear. And after enough time has passed, nearly every object around the stellar object are orbiting around it on the same axis.

thanks user, I learnt something new today.

there's a theory that black holes lead to new universes. Meaning, the big bang was basically a white hole. Scary shit.

Attached: 1548763352348.jpg (1024x810, 56.46K)

so basically we're living in a landfill.. or... spacefill?
either ways, we're another universe's trash heap.

Attached: 1654632601352.jpg (1024x749, 103.02K)

I don't think there's enough to really support that theory but there's also nothing to disprove it. I personally think it might be more like space collapsing in to a spaghetti of other dimensions or universes, with each atom doing some funny quantum shit and arriving somewhere else that is almost certainly nothing like our universe.

If you still think there is a singularity at the center you should get caught up to speed on what the latest science is suggesting: inside black holes might be fuzzy weird shit. Scientists since Einstein have been trying to work around the bullshit math a singularity seems to be.
youtube.com/watch?v=351JCOvKcYw

Fuzzballs are a weird string theory idea. That's not latest science, that's decades old, and kinda recently fallen out of favor.

is space engine fun or is something you mess around with for 40 minutes and get bored?

>there's a theory that black holes lead to new universes
The thing you really have to be careful of is reading the pop sci/ high level overviews of these theories if you don't at least kind of understand the math and jargon.
That "other universe" is just a causally disconnected area of space. You aren't going into the multiverse, you just wind up on the ass end of nowhere. And you winding up there is as a fart of low energy photons that look like the cosmic background.

Attached: penrose diagram Reissner-Nordström black hole.gif (427x757, 22.45K)

In Elite: Dangerous there's a 3D map/visualization of the entire galaxy, and if you 'zoom' through you can immerse yourself into the 3D space of the map

Do that in VR, you might get a panic attack
It was just a map

The first time warping in front of a star in elite dangerous was one of the coolest moments I've had playing video games up to that point. That game alone justified my oculus DK2 purchase

that doesn't make it any less mind-blowing. It's like breaking out of a paper bag in a garbage can. Not like you anything could survive the journey even if there was something to discover.

Fly to TON 618 if you want to have fun or look for pulsars

the hell is a white hole.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. A black hole sucks time and matter out of the Universe; a white hole returns it.

Attached: red dwarf someone punch him out.gif (320x240, 742.27K)

It's just the other end of a black hole. I think it looks white because it's just light shooting out of it rather than being sucked in.

me uwu

>red dwarf gif
I knew I was in the right thread.

White holes would look exactly like dark holes if they existed. They're only called white because they're supposed to be the opposite end. Then again, the entire premisse is entirely theoretical, we have basically no idea of how dark holes work.

Theoretical counterpoint of a black hole. It shows up as an artifact of the math in certain black holes.
The schwarzschild black hole is the simplest black hole. No spin, no charge. Also known as the eternal black hole. When you're making a model of a system, you star with the simplest case. If you have a thing with a horizon you can only cross one way, then when you run everything backwards you wind up with a region of space that it is impossible to approach.
Look up penrose diagrams, they're the easiest way to conceptualize what is going on. PBS Space Time has some top tier videos, go back far enough in some of the playlists and they take a lot of time building up the concepts in baby steps.
Basically einstein's relativity is geometry in 3 dimensional space twisted through a higher dimensional manifold. But the thing with geometry is you can totally smoosh everything down into 2 dimensions of space and 1 dimension of time and your brain can wrap around it.

Black hole*
God, I played too much Yugioh.

Thanks user, I appreciate the effortposting. I will check it out.

I didn't even notice. isn't a dark hole a card that just wipes all other cards out? that's basically a black hole. I don't understand how a black and white hole would look identical but that's pretty cool

They're white because there would be no world lines where a particle intersects with the horizon. The closer you got to it, the harder you would be pushed away. If you tried to get closer and closer to its horizon you would encounter higher and higher energy photons being deflected from it, and would get blasted into more high energy photons.

They really need to make a horror game with existential dread as it's main focus.

I remember that characteristic of white holes from outer wilds. I imagine if you placed solar panels next to a white hole you would be able to capture a shit load of energy, then.