Should I play the steam version or emulate?

Should I play the steam version or emulate?

Attached: chronotrigger.png (512x512, 422.26K)

emulate nigga

steam version is ass, emulate the snes version

Attached: ayla2.jpg (645x800, 512.63K)

games like chrono trigger?

Original on a CRT

Emulate the SNES version

do the DS version

>emulation
lmao, might as well play a fan game. If you didnt play it on original hardware with a period accurate display, you didn't actually play the game.

I played through the Steam version recently with some mods. It was fine, but I ran into a nasty crash after beating Lavos, but it might've been the mods. Either way I found a fix and it's never happened again. The Steam version is like the DS version but with good audio. If you don't care about end game extras or translation, just play snes rom.

>translation
Is the translation from the snes bad?

It's a Woolsey translation, so it's divisive. Some people feel it adds flavor, others say it's too inaccurate.

If you aren't literally time-travelling to a week before release day and camping outside then you're not a true fan.

emulate the snes version.
No it's actually fine.

I Am Setsuna.

you probably won't notice unless you're autistic. i played it on snes a bunch since it was one of 3 games i owned and also on steam and didn't care.

its sequel is basically the same game but better.

Only out of touch boomers recc the snes version, you're not going to get a more magical experience playing on a fucking crt, you won't get a better experience emulating and reading the old, busted translation meant to fit on a 100mb cart. It's not more soulful, don't listen to the man children. Just get what's convenient, steam version is solid.

nigge

Steam it you poor pleb

DS version is the best

Emulate DS version

Fuck up zoomer.

CRT & SNES or bust.

>adds content that makes the story and gameplay objectively worse
Fuck off.

Sea of Stars is looking real promising.
Chrono Cross is nothing like it in terms of gameplay. Even story narrative and characters are very different, only sharing some loose (though important) connections with CT. I like CC, but come on.