I've never played a Monster Hunter game before, all I know about it is what I've seen in threads...

I've never played a Monster Hunter game before, all I know about it is what I've seen in threads. If I wanted to get into the series which one should I start with? As far as I know the only MH games on PC are World and Rise, so It'll have to be one of those.

Attached: monster-hunter-rise-art.jpg (1600x900, 335.13K)

why qurupeco

might as well start with Rise and enjoy the multiplayer if ur into that.
If you want more can always go back and play the older ones.

Where did you even find that art? Only two of those monsters are even in the game

Both are good for beginners, its just that Rise is even moreso. The difference goes into Rise's movement options vs World's graphics and weapons.

Dunno I started with world and hated the absolutely degenerate decoration system, I still beat it tho. I would have started with Rise if it was available at the time.

I just googled "Monster Hunter"

Alright, Rise it is.

rise has a demo. world probably does too. the question is really would you prefer a fast paced anime-esque action game or a monster hunting spectacle (with the good and bad that word brings) with Rise being the former and World being the latter.

get the cheapest MH game you can find becauss they're basically all the same
world & rise are more accessible to new ayers though because you can heal while moving and you have more mobility options, but fundamentally all MH games are the same
i'd suggest starting with world if you can, i think it's the overall best game for new players
then try 3U

Rise will give you a bit of a wrong expectation since it has lots of spinoff mechanics that won't return in the next title, World is more of a grounded mainline title

World and Rise are the easiest games to get started with but it's harder to go back to older titles if you start out with them.
you could always emulate the older games on PC with the downside of playing almost exclusively solo (the emulators support online but barely anyone plays) though many players myself included prefer solo play over groups

if you want recommendations for what games to emulate, just go down the list until you can handle the clunkiness
>Freedom Unite
>3U
>P3rd
>4U (highly recommended, still regarded as best monster hunter game by many)
>GenU (gameplay has spinoff like mechanics similar to Rise, not recommended as first)

Gunlance is the designated tranny weapon, don't fall for the memes

Just beat Valstrax and starting to get bored of GL.
What weapon seems the funnest/strongest right now?

SWITCHAXEBROS
I WON
I FUCKING WON

Attached: file.png (1183x855, 1.15M)

play Swaxe, its the only weapon that matters

Attached: 1615624001472.png (720x671, 214.71K)

play through World because its literally one of the best games released in the past 20 years, then play Rise which is like an icing on your MH cake

>still running base rise weakness exploit 2 with 1 rapid morph one slot
Am not gonna see an upgrade for so long that already beat sun break last boss kek

probably not
there's not a very a huge upgrade from HR to GR talismans
you just try fishing for 4 slots for when they eventually add 4 slot gems for shit like WE

rise is pretty much the bastard child of the series. i would strongly recommend avoiding it as your first entry.
if you're comfortable setting up an emu, MH3U on cemu is probably the best balance between getting the authentic MH experience (and most >soul of any generation) and quality of life / mechanic simplicity.

World+Iceborne is both bigger and cheaper the Rise/Sunbreak right now, cant go wrong with it.

>Rise
>SA

Attached: philistines.jpg (960x960, 130.57K)

this is the best game in the series, but just be aware if you play it first you might not have the patience / taste for earlier MHs if you want to go back and play them later. Great games but a lot more streamlined than the traditional mh experience

Play Frontier. Also someone post the Orange Espinas gif with the glowing eyes.

Attached: FrontierGen-Hatsune_Miku_x_MHF-G_Wallpaper_001.jpg (1920x1200, 675.22K)

>The Bloodlust + Coal combo has been the core of almost all my builds so far. It's going to be incredibly free once either of these become decorations since you only need 1 point in each to get good value.
When did Dragonheart become a deco?
Everything that appears on charms will probably get a deco so Coalescence, Foray, Grinder (S) everything else most unlikely.

It would be really cool and possibly balanced if they made it lvl4 decoes. That could fix Stormsoul.
Not like they ever balanced Narwa/Ibushi/Magna/Valstrax sets in base Rise. More likely we get some Fatalis shit that copies unique skills

I'm a somewhat new player, is this a good Lance set up?

Attached: 20220714_085733_1.jpg (4624x2084, 1.67M)

I'll play Frontier when a massive public server becomes available

Play Freedom Unite first, if you can handle it you're good to go

Bro just make a couple pieces of the Barroth gear early it has everything you want
Guard 3-5 helps you out with a lot more than stamina skills do, and Offensive Guard 3 is free damage

world is the better game, rice is like a bastardized chink mobile shit with worse graphics worse gameplay worse ui its basically inferior in every way

Where is your guard 3 and guard up 1?
Defense boost is somewhat of a meme, you can drop it.
Constitution and stamina surge are not required for lance either since good guard skills handles managing that.

World with Iceborne. Much better game overall vs. rise. I think Rise will have basically a dead multiplayer soon, but world will be fairly healthy until world 2. Rise is like the fisher price version of world and god damn is it so fucking ugly with no grit to the combat.

there are a few skills here that you don't need user, firstly drop the following:
defence boost
constitution
stamina surge
thunder res
marathon runner

try and add the skills below, i'll list in order of importance:
Guard 3
Weakness Exploit +3
Crit boost +3
attack +4
critical eye as high as you can get it
the following in any order you can get them:
chain crit
offensive guard
then for comfort:
evade extender
guard up (really not needed)

>japs make japanese themed game
>its shit
>japs make western themed game
>its great
why

Attached: IMG_4683.jpg (717x663, 93.07K)

its really confusing why some people think that rise is a "spin-off" while world is "mainline" when world has many more weird mechanics.
kinda infuriating desu~

>guard up (really not needed)
Why would you lie to the man like that? One point is all you need.

you don't need any points in it with lance

rise is better than world in every conceivable way.

How the fuck do I get Barioth hardclaw????
I've broken its arms every time.

Most stuff you want to use Guard Up on is still dodgeable, and grabs aren't inherently unblockable like they were in World
Its nice to have in an emergency but vs moves like that you still don't really want to block with just 1 point cause 80% of the damage still fucking hurts. Wish Anchor Rage and Instant Block ignored that chip too.
If the Bazel gloves didn't have the 1 point by default I would've skipped it for now but thats just me.

autist, you only dont need points in it when you know all the monsters by heart and which moves you cant block against. and even then only an autist wouldnt use it