Replaying this rn and it's pretty fun. What does Any Forums think of it?

Replaying this rn and it's pretty fun. What does Any Forums think of it?

Attached: dead-island-definitive-edition-definitive-edition-pc-jeu-steam-cover.jpg (616x353, 108.09K)

can you swing melee with the right joystick?

To me you're vee, and I say what vee says, so it''s pretty fun I suppose

Nostalgic to me, this was the last game my parents bought me but ultimately I think it will end up being remembered as a beta for dying light.

Im very glad the zombie fan has ended. Most overdone thing since Marvel movies

>Brainless zombie villain is blonde
What did they mean by this?

incredibly cathartic combat
incredibly dull everything else

Still hold up? Never played it

I finished it last week, it's boring as fuck and i wish i was playing dying light instead

it's surprisingly spooky from time to time

I enjoyed it. Had a lot of fun leaving my game open to strangers to join in or me joining other rando's games for coop zombie smacking. I haven't played Dying Light yet but I hear it's literally just Dead Island but better.

WHO DO YOU VOODOO BITCH

fuck man it might be some real low iq pleb shit but i loved the looting in dead island and dying light, not sure why it was so fun, also playing with a friend was so fucking kino. i wish some nerd fuck would crack the latest one already

Did anybody else use a modded shotgun to send cars into the stratosphere

Just feels like a prototype for the "open world survival loot rpg " that had its roots in far cry games. Dying light did its job 10x better but it I remember it being a fun game to play with friends.
Very janky, and a lot of mechanics were implemented like dog shit though. Kind of carried by the jank in a lot of ways

movement is stiff and the level scaling is done poorly. the durability is not good either.

>get mods to remove the dogshit weapon durability
>use the analogue control scheme only to control the movement of your attacks
>play as the disgraced baseball player so you can get free health from all the whiskey scattered everywhere
Next time it goes on sale I'm doing all of the above.

Zombie game during peak zombie media oversaturation.
You fucking better believe I have never played this shit in my life.

Good shit
Riptide was okay too
Love Dying Light
Haven’t played Dying Light 2 yet
I hope they eventually release Dead Island 2

Decent when it came out in 2011 but a slog to play now, repeat or fresh.
The game has 1 good level and it's the first, everything else is genuinely awful.
Gameplay is jank from the movement to the combat to the leveling. Everything is jank.
You cannot point to a single part of the game and say there is anything with any polish (outside of the trailer of course).

Dying Light absolutely fucking mogs it in every regard. Ever since it came out there's practically no reason to ever try Dead island.

>play the game with a friend and have a decent time
>play the game a few years later with another friend
>kill like 3 zombies in the starter area before even the first workbench
>1000/100 zombie kills or whateverthefuck, +5000XP
>suddenly 12 levels above my friend in the fucking tutorial
>challenge progress is saved to account, not per character
>challenges give fucking XP of all things
This game came out at peak 'nobody knows what the fuck they're doing with videogames' times.
Why the fuck did they have singleplayer only DLCs for a Multiplayer game? This game just confuses anyone when you revisit it and look at it in detail.

Attached: 1657178148429.gif (156x267, 61.71K)

>The game has 1 good level and it's the first, everything else is genuinely awful.
the hospital is pretty amazing and far better than the first level.