Klonoa Thread

Just finished 100%ing Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series. Consensus? There are plenty of issues Bandai Namco should address in possible future patches, notably like textures, lighting, and cutscene animation. It has it's own unique atmosphere and vibe to it, so it's not necessarily a bad experience, but it doesn't do enough better that it justifies being a replacement over the originals. Still fun in it's own regard though.

Attached: 1657275152762.jpg (600x600, 148.95K)

Klonoa has phimosis and doesn't realize it'll be an issue in the future

Attached: 32e127d4c0d7aedcbc2cf96600cec658.jpg (844x1500, 732.1K)

And please check out the PS1 game anyway you can, it has a really comfy unique dreamlike atmosphere that I haven't seen any other game replicate in it's entirety.

Attached: KlonoaPS1.png (800x420, 81.29K)

I feel like furryshit like that might be part of the reason people avoid Klonoa, but then again it might be a reason people play Klonoa. I wish more was done with the series so we wouldn't be confined to most threads being fanart hell.

Attached: KlonoaLeaf.gif (400x360, 1.96M)

if you can vote for Pedo Pete there's no shame in playing Klonoa

I've replayed klonoa 1 several times since PRS came out, but Can't really get into klonoa 2. I'm only in joilant, tell me it gets better?

My reason is I hate lolo (misogyny) and popka's voice annoys me, plus the platforming just feels slower than klonoa 1

no, it doesn't get better, you just hate nice things

Shame, because door to phantomile is one of my new favorite games

Attached: 621140-klonoa-door-to-phantomile-render.jpg (800x921, 80.02K)

well you're just fussy in a way I can't understand

Joilant is a tedious level in my opinion, the Jungle Slider is fun though. That level and the two Ark levels are probably my least favorite of the bunch. The Kingdom of Sorrow is worth experiencing though, superb music and atmosphere.

Attached: Klonoa Ark.png (850x1020, 1.34M)

Saw it on TV back then, I think it's way too simplistic. I was all in to buy this, then I played the demo. I don't think I would really finish either game without getting bored too soon.

Attached: manya.png (281x342, 174.82K)

Attached: teamwork.png (308x335, 88.61K)

The difficulty ramps up in the later stages but I agree, pretty simple overall

It's similar to Kirby where it's simple but can be complex at times. Although not to the same extent as Kirby's copy abilities.

Finished both games today.
I agree with the issues you've listed and I think they often take a lot away from this product.
Still, I think the gameplay holds up, it's really fun and fairly challenging during the last stages of Lunatea's Veil.
Man, I hope we get a 3

I really wish i still had my big CRT for older games I bet this looks amazing on crt

Take a break for a few days to a week your brain is still in Klonoa 1 mode. It almost happened to me too but thankfully I played a little less now Im really enjoying it halfway thru volks to beating the snow place

I think there's other issues too, but I haven't played the Wii version of Door to Phantomile to compare. I can't tell if this newer version is slower or if it only feels that way because the screen isn't as zoomed in as the PS1 version. I replayed the first level on both versions numerous times back to back to test that theory, but some of the geometry seems slightly different too, so it's extremely hard to tell. Wind bullets also feel slightly different, but it's not so drastic that it makes some stages unplayable or absurdly difficult.

I wish I knew, I started the Klonoa series through emulation. I still have multiple CRTs, but I'm not savvy enough to hook my computer up to it. The big one from my childhood is going out, it's losing picture at the bottom of the screen. Makes me sad. :^(

Attached: Klonoa cry.png (170x170, 34.61K)

Attached: Klonoa Forest.jpg (620x460, 65.09K)