GoW vs Elden Ring

which will be this years game of the year?

Attached: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.jpg (1280x720, 144.53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7Oz6lfb128w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Don't care, both are pozzed shit.

Fpwp

Hi Resetera

>god of reddit vs dark souls 3.5
who gives a fuck

God of war was not fun; sequel will likely be not fun as well. Elden ring is not fun; probably the most over rated game of all time. The true goty will be... i just realized i havent played a good game that came out this year.

Attached: 1636400553224.jpg (500x400, 21.76K)

Ragnarok because of recency bias.

Xeno3

>Declaring a game GOTY before it's even out

Remember the state Cyberpunk launched in? Now go kill yourself. You're the cancer ruining gaming.

Attached: 1651181978615.jpg (1469x881, 229.95K)

gears o f war was very good almost good as elder ring but not so

God of war will be the inferior game but still win because it's a Sony game. Same thing happened to red dead redemption 2

I'm OP and I'm just being realistic. I don't even think GoW was a good game. But I know journalists and the people behind the awards simp for those cinematic drama heavy games. Which is why they are probably going to simp for GoW again this year. and it will be nominated for game of the year despite the shit gameplay.

Elden Ring however deserves the nomination since it's an actual evolution of the souls genre and it has more RPG elements than any souls game before it. Not to mention exploring the world was really fun. Trying to map it all out in your head the first time you played the game. ER deserves the win this year desu

I wonder, who are the "people" which save unfunny(reddit) memes and have generally a shitty opinion?
while I agree that GoW lost it´s edge after the 3rd installment and is now the average snoy exeperience, ER makes one of the few interesting open world games with a lot of improvements over the last games of fromsoft.
I don´t try to say that ER is the next coming of jesus but fuck, you have to be a shitter if you refuse to accept that ER does in fact a lot of things right and will probably copied down the line by more people trying to get a slice of the big normie open world formula.
It´s like comparing a j*w to a wh*te.
while technically both are humans, one is constantly subverting the current level of quality while the other tries to improve it where it´s possible.

Elden ring was kinda garbo desu. The first 10 hours are magical but then it's pure shit.

GOW is much better at what it tries to do. And it's the quintessential basedboy game. It will definitely win at every major publication and event.

What are these improvements you speak of? Cloning weapon sets? Removing kick and forcing it to be an ash of war? Put empty fields in between actual dungeons? Lowering 6 player pvp to 4?

GoW 2 2 would be lucky to reach half of Elden Rings sales a year from release, and even a fraction of praise. Their story focus last game sucked all the fun and uniqueness out for a bland mix of bad decisions and changes. And yes I know you'll say it's the same for Elden Ring, but the gameplay is way more rewarding for exploring and grinding than nu GoW ever was.

>pvp is the core of FS games
oh, now i get it, you´re a pvp shitter who whines that he cant gank newbs anymore because he´d have to fight either 1vs2 or 1vs3.
here are new mechanics from the fromsoft games which improves the game:
-horse riding
-a well implemented map which rewards exploration
-jumping on a dedicated button (i know about sekiro but it´s more a action adveture than a action RPG, so not entirely the same genre)
-npc summons
-a not so shitty crafting system

if you consider the possibilities with modding, the game is easly a 8.5/10.
while GoW begins as a 7/10 it turns into a 4/10 when you reach helheim. at that point, kratos fully becomes the cuck which he is and atreus is reaching levels of a retarded nigger.
while GoW gives you 3 different movesets to overcome your enemies, you have at least 30 different ones in ER which also gives the game some replayability.

>Brings up PvP
It's a PvE game. PvP honour shitters don't seem to get invaders only goal is to kill the player just like every other enemy. I am not stopping my killing spree just to fuck around with a min max asshole.

I had fun exploring the world and doing dungeons for 60 hours, and then the fun stopped. Just like that all interest i had was gone. The combat feels unfair and the weapon upgrade system is not only fucking terrible, but its also completely pointless. I think the biggest issue with elden ring is its lack of variety in gameplay. its just sightseeing and combat. Once the magic of discovery wears off, combat has to do all the work, but it cant. its too shallow and unvaried. It can be varied if you spend an eternity grinding upgrade materials, but that´s not fun. Elden ring feels shallow and empty to me. All the substance of the game comes from its stories, but it´s buried so deep i don´t really care.

>kratos is actually in mortal kombat
>still use some weird ugly render of him and not the mk version
diaper moment

youtube.com/watch?v=7Oz6lfb128w

Xenoblade 3

That would get one of those specific awards like "best third game in a series" awards that appear for like five seconds.

so its a battle of the Copy Paste Games:D

I feel crazy whenever people complain about the upgrade system. You can buy the stones once you get the bearings and they're not even that expensive. Plus exploring the mines gives you plenty to upgrade like 10 things fully. Did I just get lucky with stones or do people miss some of the mines?

Hopefully god of war so all the stupid fucking reddit fucks who love souls cry and kill themselves