ITT: fuck you, I liked it

ITT: fuck you, I liked it

Attached: DAI.jpg (225x225, 10.9K)

It was good when it didn't try to be an open-world game.
Also they fucked a core gameplay loop, holy shit the tactics mode is unplayable on keyboard compared to 1 and 2.

The best parts of this game are all DLC, which is a problem.

You literally can't buy the base game any more, the only editions available come with all DLC

I'm absolutely bored out of my fucking mind. Is the gameplay and interactions with the world at least mildly engaging on any fundamental level? I almost feel compelled to try it to just make a melee Inquisitor and use my save states from DA1 and 2.

Attached: 1376654532241.jpg (576x432, 30.36K)

Probably the best time I've had in an MMO

Attached: swtor.jpg (300x168, 9.42K)

I'm OP so I'm biased, but I had a really great time and it sucked me in for many many hours.

It is a single player MMO with a story, though. Every new map you get to will have you running around doing repetitive actions to complete the map and level up. It's good if you want to grind a bit and listen to podcasts, then when you're ready continue with the story.

I like the characters a lot, but some don't. The story is fine.

Don't expect a repeat of DA:O. It is a button masher with cooldown abilities.

That's usually how it does with Dragon Age games. I'm still upset that they had a bunch of cool moves and classes and designs for multiplayer and yet translated none of that shit to the base game. They're more than capable of giving us cool, dynamic and visceral looking skills that isn't the same boring fucking "backstab" or "ice magic" skills because those are just stock spells at the end of day and are treated as such. Same thing happened with Mass Effect 3's multiplayer. Excellent classes and weapons that wasn't accessible in the campaign and they completely ignored for Andromeda. For the bit I bothered to play anyway.

I sincerely hope that with this next game they're not fucked by SJW sentimentality. Fucking making every woman look like shit or have less interesting romances while the male options are prevalent is bullshit. Also hoping they don't make ugly women on purpose. They fucked Cassandra and Sera was an experiment that was fucking repeated through Peebee in Andromeda and the whole "it doesn't matter if she's ugly because I'll write her as quirky!" doesn't fucking work anymore than expecting men to want to immerse themselves in a series where the only obtainable women are ugly. Stop it.

And holy shit BioWare should get off of the Tactical Cam crap. It's 2022. Being able to pause combat and look around the map isn't a revolutionary marker. It wasn't when Inquisition released either. On the road to releasing Inquisition there was nothing but boring fucking gameplay videos where the devs would have to keep discussing the Tactical Camera. I barely think about it when giving allies commands to perform. It's *just* a feature, BioWare. Don't make it the motherfucking swan song of your entire presentation because literally no one cares. Make cool ass skills and awesome magic that you haven't done before. Push yourselves to have interesting boss interactions aside from "big dragon whoops watch out for the wings and shit".

Attached: 1621076848461.jpg (316x316, 61.75K)

Bioware games are some of the few with a (now anyway - I think it's been that way since Inquisition actually) majority female audience. The women will not be designed to be appealing to men, they will be designed to be relatable/cool to the women playing the game.

>majority female audience
I call bullshit on that one chief

Attached: oblivion.jpg (800x1084, 268.48K)

>well within the top 3 most applauded and defended titles on Any Forums
>"fuck you, i liked it"

Attached: 236e17a73d0ae54a7fa423ee156c3dd5.jpg (300x256, 9.69K)

I tried starting this 3 times. The writing is so atrocious, the companions so dogshit, combat is so boring with anime tier shit I cannot continue

>well within the top 3 most applauded and defended titles on Any Forums

This is one of the few games Any Forums is justified in turning against because of how bad it was at launch and the DLC ramifications. Trust me, everywhere else people despised Oblivion.

I actually agree with that user, it is now majority female audience. The entire twelve tumblr dykes and you, a colossal fucking retard still bothering with Bisexualware Gaymes.

I think you're both way off mark. Maybe it appeals to women more than other games, but PC and console gaming is so massively skewed towards men I cannot believe that more than 50% of Bioware players are female.

Octopath Traveler was great.

Attached: Octopath-Traveler_02-25-21.png (1649x1080, 1M)

It didn't used to be. Pre-Inquisition their audience was largely male, but Inquisition was the tipping point. The players were 50-50 at that point and with Andromeda it became majority female.

I know the devs themselves confirmed Inquisition's players were about 50/50, which in itself is extremely unusual. Whether it's actually tipped female since then, who knows.

You have garbage taste. They completely neutered magic. Origins is truly the only good one in the series.

>The players were 50-50 at that point and with Andromeda it became majority female.
Do you have a source for that because I just do not believe you.

Sounds like woke marketing bullshit. I just don't buy any console or PC game outside of bullshit like Animal Crossing would ever have more than 50% female playerbase

Attractiveness is best because obtainable is perfection.

I would if Bioware hadn't shitcanned their forums because they didn't want to hear criticism anymore but, alas, they did, and all that wonderful shitflinging - and, more importantly, the thread where they revealed that stat, among others - is lost to history.

You're unironically just gonna have to trust me, because even if I did feel like tracking it down (which I don't), it's no longer possible.

I appreciate your effort and I believe you saw those stats but I still don't believe they were real. I guess we'll just have to leave it at that

>story and characters aren't great but totally serviceable
>some characters have bad facial animations (patched)
>some very minot bugs (patched)
>other than that it's completely fine and plays the best out of all ME games and have a lot more RPG elements, customization and exploration than 2 and 3 did
I think people hate these games because hating Bioware is the trendy hivemind thing to do ever since DA2 and TOR happened. It's a shame.

Attached: 4679838.jpg (266x374, 17.76K)

>chat up and fuck pretty boys written by women and gays while prancing around in your star ship/castle where everyone constantly worships you as the chosen one
>I just don't buy it would ever have more than 50% female playerbase
Really? You don't?

People watched a glitch montage and decided it's a bad game, the people who actually played it liked it.

Attached: whoops.jpg (357x313, 21.55K)

I also liked Andromeda just fine, even if it is the Mass Effect version of Inqusition

No. I think you wildly underestimate how much men play console and PC more than women. I know what reality is.

That doesn't by necessity mean every single game will have a majority male audience, just the vast majority. There are a few select games were women are the majority and Bioware games (or, more specifically, Mass Effect and Dragon Age) are one.

Again, I just don't believe you.

We'll just have to leave it at that.

The only people who actually bothered to buy the fucking game are people who weren't put off long ago and forgot about it, ie Bioware simps who will adore anything they can get.

>romance option are only man or a female that is not in the party
>only romanceable girl is a dyke elf who is lesbian only
I mean this retards know that 90% of their fanbase are basementdwellers right? How can the western gaming industry not see the billions that is spent on hot looking waifus on mobile games and still decide that „ugly“ is the way to go, when girls are not even that ugly.

Or those of us who saw it at a massive discount and gave it a shot.

I miss Mass Effect AND Dragon Age the first times around so my first experience with both franchises were Andromeda and Inquisition. I had a good time with both, then when back in the catalogue and played the first games and enjoyed those too.

And no, I'm not a zoom zoom.

But it's not unpopular to like Oblivion. Sure it sacrificed alien Morrowind for generic fantasy because of LotR popularity, but the quests were the best in the series.

I have spent more time in Fallout 4 than all the other Fallouts combined.

I also like Fallout 76.

Attached: 16xp-kim-horse1-superJumbo.jpg (2048x1364, 331.72K)