What will happen to my games if Steam closes forever?

What will happen to my games if Steam closes forever?

Attached: 1023x569_142a56b0cbe5d6b90750928531c34d35.jpg (2392x1342, 103.34K)

it wont

You'll pirate them.

You won't live to see that day so don't worry about it.

steam uses p2p connecting so even if the community/workshop shit gets taken down the library never will as long as theres one nigga seedin

Attached: teemomate.png (426x523, 295.37K)

Everyone will pirate games and game companies will totally ignore making games for pc because of it

i only pay for the games because i think the devs deserve the money, losing access to your game sucks but when i want to play something most of the time i just pirate it

you probably won't ever have to worry about it unless microsoft goes through with their threat of ending third party app support and forcing everything to be installed through the MS store

Even then, valve has made linux gaming possible. Plus microsoft pulling that would be suicide.

They stay on your fucking computer???
Are you retarded or have you never used offline mode?
Just fucking download them and play them. The only games that will be affected are the ones that use Steam servers for online play.

>They stay on your fucking computer???
What about all the games that aren't currently installed, retard.

you will lose all your games except the ones you downloaded that don't require any sort of steam DRM

you have to consider the fact that the last decade of windows has been microsoft repeatedly shooting themselves in the foot with no shame whatsoever and the users not caring
hell, if they actually did it for the consumer space I can picture people applauding them and going
>hey it's just like the app store!
while the rests jumps through hoops to download an enterprise version

Do we REALLY have to answer this question EVERY DAY?
STEAM WILL NEVER CLOSE.
it's too big to fall. We would need some apocalyptic event for Steam to close down.
Even if it was on the verge of closing down, MANY companies would take the chance to buy the plataform.
EVEN if that weren't to happen, they already said A LOT of times that they would remove DRM from games so you could still be able to play them.

Jesus fucking christ

Attached: 1652912925552.png (173x171, 19.45K)

Not sure if this still holds true, but long ago Gaben claimed that if Steam ever goes away forever, Valve has a "unlock everything" function that will remove all (Steam based, anyway) DRM from your games. Meaning you can download and backup your shit before it dies completely.
Even with this promise you should still stop buying DRM.

yeah sure gabe
now fuck off

even if it dies ill have gog/origin/EGS/amzn
to play games on

>STEAM WILL NEVER CLOSE
>too big to fall
Sure, shill.

Accordint to their terms and conditions, you will lose them forever and you can't complain to them if they close down for good.
But for that to happen, it would have to perform far worse than Origin, which at this point its ridiculously impossible.
Only scenario where i can imagine something like this happening would be EA buying Valve completly and closing it down.
Even if Epic becomes somehow best defacto videogame virtual distribuitor, Steam shouldn't and won't close down.

just pirate them

Why is there never a thread like this for EGS

Because no one buys things there.

>Gabe dies
>Some big corpo buys his shares of Valve from his lazy ass relatives.
>Steamworks DRM now uses with Denuvo
>You now have to pay fee for the bandwidth to download your games
>You now have to pay a monthly service fee to keep your games in your library (free if you have a Steampass Plus Subscription (tm))

No one buys games on EGS so no one gives a shit if they lose free games.

Least delusional loonix moron

>using chink spywares at all

I buy
I care
I ask
Mald more

>Epic Gook Spies
>giving a shit about them
Fuck off.

>State general consensuses and basic opinion
>YOU'RE MALDING YOU'RE MALDING XD