Been a console gamer my entire life

>been a console gamer my entire life
>building my first gaming pc later today when the RAM comes in
Do you guys have any advice or tips and tricks for me as a new PC player ?

Attached: Alienware-Aurora-R11-Desktop-PC-4-d7147c6bd520432285a9f2e58f788322.jpg.png (1333x1000, 1.36M)

patience, you will need it when you wait 5 years for ports lmao

here's an advice: download and play games you fuckwit

That's fine, console players have no problem waiting 5 years for games.

>install Steam
>buy csgo

profit

My advice is to stop posting on Any Forums. It's just a fucking PC, no one cares how you set it up.

>he says as playstation games continue to come to pc faster and faster

Have fun! Do you have a fan cooler or AIO liquid? For me I had to keep changing the AIO liquid cooling every 3 years or so otherwise the fluid evaporated and my CPU would heat causing freezing. So I just got a fan cooler in the end, noctua is nice. Make sure to update your GPU often. Have an ssd os and put your current games on it, and move old games to external hard drives. Check hard drive health as well every so often. For me I never update Windows, I’m staying on 10.

Make sure you consult your mobo manual on the ram placement. If you have 4 slots you'll likely use slots 1 and 3 or 2 and 4. IF you use two ram sticks. Lots lots more to learn, its worth it

Make sure you get a keyboard that lights up gay colors that match the gay colors from your PC case. Make a "PM'd you the fix" thread at least once a week and download F cup titty mods for Skyrim.

Honestly just plug in a controller to your pc and play it the same. Only thing you’re really missin out on is indie games and VNs

dishonest shitposting, however
>download F cup titty mods for Skyrim.
is true. do that as soon as you can

>Do you have a fan cooler or AIO liquid?
scythe fuma 2

this

I built one in 2016 with high end parts at the time totaling $1500. Its only been used as a doorstop behind my room door because i can't stop using my xbox

This nigga on a 360 still, bet

depending on the height of your desk, you may need to tilt your monitor upwards to avoid neck strain.

Also Vimm's Lair is the best site for emulation bar none, although considering that 80% of them are Romanian malware sites the standard is pretty low haha

buy mordhau

>Vimm's Lair is the best site for emulation bar none
thanks m8

There's nothing much really, OP.

Just download steam, buy whatever interests you..there was a big sale that ended a couple days ago but there will be more in the near future. Or just download some f2p stuff.

Pirate shit otherwise if you're fine with that, only use legit sources if ur pirating stuff (check subreddits like r/crackwatch and fitgirl)

Be sure to clean that thing up every couple months.

ok thanks man. good info. I bought 2 games during the steam summer sale because I knew I was building soon

Oh cool!

Also recommend getting the SteamDB Chrome extension, It'll show the lowest recorded prices for all the games. Also check their website, has useful stuff like expected dates for future dates and stuff.

*expected dates for future sales and stuff.