Ashes of Creation

So is it a scam, or will it save the MMORPG genre?

Attached: 5676413156.jpg (1200x675, 73.94K)

its obviously a fucking scam

elaborate

I never heard of it. Why would it save the MMO genre?

MMO suffers the same fate as fighting games or MOBAs. There is nothing to save. The very nature of the genre incorporated in the world we live in right now makes it impossible for them to be successful. We live in an instant pleasure era, short and sweet, quick and simple. People don't want to grind for ages, they don't want to build a world. Theres just no need and no demand for mmos anymore.

it's fantasy star citizen

How much was the pre-alpha test shit they did a year ago. $600? That shit was so fishy.

scam

>no need and no demand for mmos anymore
Are you sure? I'm pretty sure there's a horde of people out there who grew up on MMOs and would love another good one, especially one with more traditional design. The overwhelming success of WoW Classic proved that we're out here, just waiting for a modern game that focuses on the parts of MMORPGs that people actually liked.
I don't know if Ashes will be the game to fill the void, but I disagree that there is no void to fill.

Because retards think that every new upcoming MMORPG will save the genre.

The truth is it will be yet another cookie cutter WoW clone with all the shit that makes WoW shit.

The first mistake was devs thinking there ever was a demand among normies for MMORPGs. WoW used marketing to sell it to normies but they never actually wanted to play it. Thats why Blizzard tried to change the game into something normies would enjoy over the years.

MMORPG enjoyers are still there but they don't have anything but old games to play because all the new MMORPGs aren't designed for them.

Is it ever coming out?

>The truth is it will be yet another cookie cutter WoW clone with all the shit that makes WoW shit.
Nah, the devs are explicitly against all that stuff.

I actually have hope. The progress they've made in a year is promising. However, if you pre-ordered it, you are fucking retard. It'll maybe come out in 2026 (if it ever comes out that is).
>it will be yet another cookie cutter WoW clone
Archeage clone*
The fact that it's supposed to be entirely based on social interactions (good and bad) makes it completely different from wow.

Why cant companies not just concentrate on:
Fun gameplay (FUCK REALISM)
Concentrate on PVE and loot (fuck hardcore pvp)
Actually incorporate grind, not only raids but also soloable grind content.
No shortcuts, you actually have to trade and interact with people kind of like vanilla wow.

There, fixed the entire mmo genre.

What they promised doesn't mean anything. What they deliver will reveal it for what it is.
>it's supposed to be
I'll believe it when I see it. It's not the first game to promise all sorts of wild shit.

And this is why no MMO will ever make it. The audience that wants an MMO will never pick one up, and bitch and moan to never give it a shot. It's a loud minority, just like arena fags. They like the idea more than actually playing the game. The same can be applied to full loot MMOs.

Attached: Belmonth.jpg (640x676, 92.88K)

>wild shit
I mean, it's just taking a tried and true mmo format and redoing it with modern graphics. It's not really all that wild.

>soloable
Fuck you, you killed MMOs.
Go play fucking diablo

If you dont incorporate solo content you get wow classic, dead during the day, and only min maxers playing during raid time (in the evening).

>The very nature of the genre incorporated in the world we live in right now makes it impossible for them to be successful. We live in an instant pleasure era, short and sweet, quick and simple. People don't want to grind for ages, they don't want to build a world. Theres just no need and no demand for mmos anymore.
hard disagree
a lot of the reason people fondly remember old mmos was because they overcame the game's inherent difficulty to even play regularly due to poor or underdeveloped design, old MMOs were not at all hard like WoW Classic demonstrated, it's just people sucked ass at games, the games were also shittily designed, but there was nothing better so you just stuck through it
why people quit "hard" mmos or "grindy" mmos has nothing to do with patience or the like, there are still plenty of patient players and players that want to build a world and have a satisfying playtime
instead they just are smart enough to not put up with shitty design and boring grinds, theres plenty of options and they will gladly just hop to something less tiresome to play
this isnt 2004 anymore, having quest text outright fucking lie to you and not having reasonable resources to find where the hell you're supposed to go, and throwing ridiculous packs of monsters at someone who has no real means to deal with it doesn't cut it anymore, it comes off as not giving a fuck and not putting out any effort
mind you, blizzard's style of doing it is heavy handed and most people are more intelligent than the game is designed for, hell it probably dumbs people down because they get used to the excessive QoL
MMOs simply have to stop trying to copy WoW and instead find a happy medium of difficulty and semi decent design, and there isn't really anything out there that fully demonstrates that except maybe early 2017/2018 Black Desert Online
and thats a hard maybe, i'm probably forgetting the more painful aspects of it back then

people who want shit to be soloable are the first people to complain about not ever having anyone to play with