Vidya is dead and we killed it

Vidya is dead and we killed it

Attached: Screenshot_20220710-155942-409.png (1080x2055, 1.17M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_teSL-_jC80
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Who cares about XCOM anyway? Games like Metal Slug Tactics and Mario + Rabbids have long replaced it.

At least just as a spinoff, if it's a mainline game it's dead

I would give it some thought after some gameplay trailers.

>Xcom
>Coop FPS game
Didn't was already this tried and it fucking sucked?

Yes. XCOM was originally a sci-fi fps, but it failed so hard in focus groups they doubled back to tbs. They reused the fps assets for the bureau but that was a mass effect knockoff.

I'd play a xcom themed top down shooter if it played like helldivers

they gonna turn it to tarkov arent they?

Attached: 1614907354752.jpg (227x222, 3.95K)

There are 2 Xcom third person shooters and both are terrible.

XCOM: The Bureau looked like a cool FPS until they forced RTS elements into the game, uprooting most of the work that already went in. Ultimately resulting in the game appealing to none the strategy fans or fans of third person shooters, or even its original target audience as an FPS. I played it once. I was mostly unimpressed. I remember it looking pretty good though.

After the marvel game, battle royale
The bureau was a clone of mass effect but on US in the 60s

But they already tried to turn XCOM into an FPS and it fucking bombed terribly. Why can't they just give up on the idea?
Why are they so married to the idea of turning XCOM into FPS games? It's like they're Square Enix with Final Fantasy.

2K wants to sell as few separate projects as they can, with as little overlap between them as possible. while making maximum use of successful IPs they possess. Somehow still not realizing that an IP selling well in one form doesn't mean you can apply its art and aesthetics to a completely different product and expect similar results. They also fail to internalize the highly obvious reality of the post retail market that a popular brand with a good reputation isn't a substitute for making another good product that meets consumer expectations of coherency with other products under that brand.

An XCOM FPS would suck but I'd have faith on an XCOM jet fighter game. You start defending against small ufos on a standard jet but as you get more experience and notoriety HQ allows you to take on more important missions like evacuating squads or testing out new alien based fighters and weapons.
At that point it's not XCOM however, might as well just start a new series.

same reason why shit like the halo show exists, if they have a popular IP, they think that means instant money if they slap it's name on something since there's already a fanbase, but don't realize that said fanbase will likely have higher expectations because it might go against their attachment to the series.

Kinda sounds like that Defender remake from 2001. Its a great game.
youtube.com/watch?v=_teSL-_jC80

>xcom but ace combat
PLEASE

>Mario + Rabbids have long replaced it
Are you 8 years old? Lmao

babbys first turn based game. Actual garbage

Xcom: dating ayys edition when

BETRAYAL!

>most popular genre
I was expecting them to say gacha, which would maybe be cool

>fucking rare roll char gets killed with permadeath

It is based and difficult

They made Interceptor already and it was alright

What a dumb piece of shit gaming journalist bitch.

Didn't Xcom get a really shitty shooter already?
I think it was a TPS tho

>we
Speak for yourself. I only buy pure kino.

>jayden mckayla jones
is there even a more lit major nigger name than that?