Pathologic

Picked this up the other day, only played a tiny bit so far. Any general tips you spergs can offer?
I wanna go in as blind as possible but I've also heard its the sort of game that fucks you up if you make mistakes. Should I be savescumming like a motherfucker?

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 117.26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pathologic.fandom.com/wiki/Pantomimes/Text#Intro
vocaroo.com/1lYANVTml9ij
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Always pick shit from trash cans and trade with everyone.

Don't go wasting shit either.

Threads like this make me believe in Solipsism.
I installed Pathologic yesterday. wtf

Play a different game.

i started playing yesterday too but pathologic 2 since i was told its a remake/sequel of sorts. why didnt you get it?

The remake (pathologic 2) fucks you up, dying has no consequence in the original besides reloading your save.
This and hoard food, NPCs give hints about prices for later days and you could easily softlock yourself if you dont manage hunger and prices spike.

>why didnt you get it?
What do you mean?

If you see a little girl with blonde hair ALWAYS talk to her. She might have a incredibly useful but expensive item.

Look in trash cans and pick up anything you can see
Trade with any NPC you can, learn the value of certain items.
Fighting in the game is wonky, careful around bandits as they throw a knife that deals 90% of your health
Try not to get infected. Do not get infected.
Read what characters are saying very carefully and understand the motives behind their actions and even your own.

Attached: 1593678644_logics1.png (1080x1600, 1.6M)

If it's an option I'd play P2 instead. The mechanics in it are a lot richer

That said P1 has one thing over it which is the multi-perspective story and how the perspectives are weaved together.

Save often but the survival and time limit stuff isnt that crazy. What is fucked are the bits where you have to shoot a gun

Where can I find the subtitles/transcript for what is said in the theatre?

Here's my quick rundown:
* It's recommended to play the bachelor route first
* The game's the most fun if you try to actively engage with its plot. Think about the town, the different characters and their motivations and try to piece together what's going on
* Time is your number one scarce resource, don't waste it. If you don't keep up the pace certain events/parts of the story will be missed.
* Always be looting shit when walking inbetween locations. Get in-tune with the hobo economy of bartering.
* Killing bandits at night can be a lucrative ordeal

pathologic.fandom.com/wiki/Pantomimes/Text#Intro

I find this to be such a fucking perfect intro to a game. You see the three protagonists discussing how they would tackle the problem at hand and what they like/dislike about each other's character/approach. It sets up their characters through some short dialogue before the game even begins.
It's also thematically spot-on with the whole theater/actor motif and all.

I can't think of a game with a more suiting intro. Maybe ghost trick but idk.

I'd recommend playing at least Bachelor in 1 before doing 2. Even if it's just an attempt.

Thank you very much.

>playing at least Bachelor in 1 before doing 2
Especially with how different the Bachelor route will be in 2

That's what I did desu. I played Bachelor in 1 and then Haruspex in 2. I'm glad I did but I really don't want to go back and try Haruspex in 1 or the Changeling, though with her it's because I know her route is unfinished as fuck and I'd like to see the actual vision they had for her.

BACHELOR IN 2
WHEN
H
E
N

Attached: 1648236865173.jpg (956x720, 97.67K)

Strafewalking is a tiny bit faster

>entire game is based on organic planning
>artistic purpose of the game revolves around living with inevitable mistake and punishment
>UHHH I WANNA GO IN BLIND BUT TELL ME WHAT TO DO
steal shit from trash cans, leave the thread now.

Attached: 1585151505159.png (504x426, 206.73K)

Typical Oynon.

There's a difference between the decision making and investigation you're doing for the main and daily tasks at hand.

and all the other obtuse stuff the game hands you. Like not knowing that L brings up the Journal to know what you're even supposed to do on certain days.

Attached: 1657067013961.png (540x472, 198.73K)

>if you make mistakes
This is the point of game.

vocaroo.com/1lYANVTml9ij

They working on it. It would have some time management thing with time travel. For a price.
Also they are hiring. Project manager. Who would resolve issues. And not create them.