>replay Bloodborne, have a blast
>replay fucking DS3 and have fun
>still no desire to replay ER

What the fuck went wrong?

Attached: sellen.png (284x284, 205.82K)

>NG+ doesnt even add anything new

>replay bloodborne have a blast
you're lying

I want to become small so that I can live inside of sellen's rock helmet.

Game's too big for it's own good. At least you can unlock all achievements in a single NG.

ER is too huge, and it takes too long to rush the weapons you'd want to use for the playthrough. If I want to do a Whirligig playthrough in BB, I can get it in maybe 60-90 minutes tops if I'm taking my time, and then there's 95% of the game left to use it on. Elden Ring's entire first half is so fucking stingy with good weapons and any armor sets at all, just setup for a run takes so long.

I don't think I'm ever going to play DS3 again. That game was absolute taint.

>gray souls 3
>fun
Should've said 2 then maybe this bait would be believable

What do you mean? You can pick up the best weapon, the Claymore, at level 1

The curse of a massive, empty open world.

Attached: 1515184754388.png (210x296, 104.7K)

Claymore is good, but where's the novelty in it? It's been around since Demon's Souls. It's the jack of all trades (decent reach, moveset, attack speed, & damage), master of none weapon. AoWs make the Claymore a bit more interesting, but you can say that for every weapon.

Yeah well, but maybe I want to use a neat but otherwise shitty weapon like the flowing cs, but too bad, it's hard locked behind 90% of the game. Never really understood this design philosophy of 'every weapon is unique and provides a slightly or more than slightly different experience, but we'll also put some of the most unique near the end of the game, when there's nothing left to use them on'. Just give players all the weapons in the first half of the game at the latest. Bosses can still drop spells, and skills, and armor and shit. But with how stingy upgrade materials are in all these games, they really want you to do playthroughs where you use maybe 2-3 weapons tops and can't/don't use any others effectively, so why spread them out this far?

Couldn't tell you I haven't replayed any of them, nor have I play 3, sekiro, or elden ring although I'll play em eventually. Could see myself replaying the others except for 2, since that game is fucking dog shit. I'm not a huge soulsfag and I don't want to start the huge 2 is good/bad train, but I think it's worst offense that no one talks about is how unmemorable it is. Sure there's a few standouts like the dragon area, mirror knight, and the last dlc, but as a whole it's so uninspired it's unreal

Not him but I did
I played this game three times. The weapons are awesome.

You mispelt 3

How many games has open world killed now...?

You cant't boss rush efficiently, which is what people mean when they say ER has zero replaybility. very pathetic

Most of Dark Souls difficulty can be offset by skill and foreknowledge, so replaying with a different moveset gives an instantly unique experience. That and there are very few "optional" areas to everything feels like progress. In Elden Ring almost everything is optional, so you wind up looking at a guide for the item you want and ignoring everything else.

There's no variety which is CRITICAL to a good open world.
Meteors need to casually hit the ground and drop a boss and upgrade materials that stay for a few ingame days once you kill Radahn. Or something like this; some random event that occurs that gives you an opportunity to gain something, or get in the way of you simply horse-riding straight through everything.
Merchants need to restock items, upgrade their inventories, make themselves worth coming back to. Maybe even a couple random items every few ingame days. Right now you gain nothing from not murdering every merchant on sight except for loading screens and sometimes some nice music.
People need to appear in places that feel like the world is turning. A caravan of Kaiden warriors heading through Altus on their way from the Giant's Mountaintops to Limgrave. Paladins like D killing undead in graveyards offering little quips. A random NPC you can find, stuck in a bunch of places, not in any particular sequence like a quest, they're just there when you find them, and they give you a random weapon they found, fucking Bizzaro Patches, make them literally Patches but female or something, or with a big fucking mane of hair, but in all other respects exactly the same aside from you're the one catching them trapped. This game needs little things like that instead of big things like dragons.

The staticness of everything is one of my biggest qualms with Morrowind and it's also one of my biggest with ER, in terms of being an open world game, but at least Morrowind has a levelled list.

I did a Kirkhammer run, never really used it before. It was kino.

DS3 is actually one of my favourites. You sound filtered.

You know, I never really thought about it, but you're right. ER is an open world game, but there's zero variation. Once you've been through it once, there's never any incentive to explore again on subsequent playthroughs because everything will be the exact same as before. The only movement in the world at all is quest NPCs teleporting around when you're not looking. The only "random" encounters are finding quest NPCs where they didn't tell you they teleported.

The joy of exploration dying after one playthrough really is the death knell for an open world game. Fucking Skyrim, probably one of the shallowest games out there, has more replayability just due to random shit happening and chests in caves containing different loot. It's still the same fucking cave, but goddamnit maybe this time the chest will be worth it.

For the life of me, I can't understand why they didn't institute something like the chalice dungeons from BB or the Reflections of Strength from Sekiro. Just anything to let you relatively easily replay the fights in the game you want to without starting the game all over again.