PS2

>PS2
>HDD full of ISOs that I downloaded off ROM sites
>Retrotink 5X

Yeah, I’m set. Modern games suck So much. I own the PS5 and I’m going back to the PS2. That’s how bad it is.

Attached: 87434EEC-A4AA-4937-9DB0-66DEF2D4284F.jpg (1170x841, 1.03M)

Yeah I used to be a huge consolefag, this gen I decided not to bother and invested in a PC

I recently played MK Shaolin Monks myself

best action coop game in history, why they cant do more of this shit? its only the usual 2D beat em up or isometric action RPG shit.

>No CRT

Attached: 1553283733706.gif (398x200, 2.3M)

I have a Trinitron right here, user.

Attached: F19B4B68-2988-4C9C-A024-F6713A09467C.jpg (4032x3024, 2.35M)

I managed to find a trinitron on the side of the road last year. It's a 28 inch and fucking thing weighs a ton and has to sit in my basement for now.

yeah, CRT is better, but my 21" phillips died recently and im actually surprised how good it looks on my standard 32" LG with component cable i can live with that.

I did this too but so many PC ports have the most random ass issues that pop up out of nowhere still. Especially when I try to hook my pc up to my TV. I think it’s cause I play mostly Japanese games I guess but recently I played the RE3 remake and the game just froze during one of the Carlos cutscenes and had to hard reset.
The Nier Replicant port needed a whole ass tutorial to run properly since the fucking vsync just locks game to 48fps with their “fixed” patched version.
The KH games are online only for some fucking reason and are epic exclusive.
DMCV just doesn’t wanna work with HDR on my TV and when it does the rest of my computer becomes over saturated. The only way to turn it off is by changing the fucking window settings back and forth.
Monster Hunter Rise stutters when I first boot it up and has trouble staying connected to lobbies. Also just found out that the higher framerate options make the monsters track you better because their AI is tied to the frame rate data.

I agree with OP and don’t like modern consoles, but the idea of consoles (a dedicated machine that plays games without having to worry about random factors specific to your hardware, drivers, etc) is still super appealing to me. That’s what old consoles were. I don’t know what changed but I want to go back.

I like my little trinitron, but for the moment I’ll stick with the upscaler until I move into my own place. It looks nice.

Hey the retro rink CRT filters are close enough that, combined with my oled, I don’t really miss having to lug the crt around

i did this 2 years ago and i still havent run out of games yet. havent counted but ive completed maybe 20-25 games

What are some of your favorites?

I'm still waiting for the Retrotink4K. I have an OSSC and a RT2X currently.
One thing that still drives me nuts is SNES video quality. Lovely pixel art but everything is just smeared slightly. Wish there was an alternative aside from buying random SNES consoles and hoping it's a 1 chip.

>PS5
Why did you waste your money user?

Modern PC games are shit too.

>Retrotink 5X
He fell for it, KEK.

Yes, but with a decent PC I can emulate almost everything, and on linux with wine I can play most old PC games

I thought it would’ve been cool. Only game I’m looking forward to is Soul Hackers.

The output is disappointing.

Attached: DB0F6650-DD22-4B95-8807-61FDE2A4A3EE.jpg (4032x3024, 3M)

damn user I've got a thicc and slim ps2, thanks for reminding me that I need to get off my ass and mod them.

I setup retroarch on my series x recently. Enjoying some older stuff while I wait for Xenoblade. Helps that you can install retroarch + all the emulators in 15mins with nothing but internet access and a controller

>PS
Meanwhile I play kino such as Microsoft flight simulator, the darkness, saints row 2, and republic commando.

All except flight sim at 4K 60fps. Popped in a tiny NVME 2TB SSD. Series X won

Why is PS2's video output such a miserable piece of shit?
>PS2's 480i doesn't cooperate well with LCD TVs (especially over component, where the video is crookedly stretched horizontally, with ugly stretched columns of pixels as a result)
>few games officially supported progressive scan
>many games break or won't boot when forced into progressive scan
>other games shrink the horizontal aspect ratio when forced for some reason, leading to neither 4:3 nor 16:9 TV mode being quite right for them
>only four games support 1080i, and they're all just upscaled 480p

>It's a 28 inch and fucking thing weighs a ton and has to sit in my basement for now
dont be a pussy user

Attached: RICH.jpg (192x250, 4.07K)

it was 2002 bruh

Yeah Ill just emulate it on my PC.

dreamcast had VGA.

Sell your Shitbox and Californiabox
Buy Switch, upgrade PC
Try emulating PS2 games you might enjoy it even more than playing on PS2.

The Dreamcast was not nearly as fussy with its 480p support despite coming out in 1998. And the Gamecube came out just a year after the PS2 (in 2001; you were wrong about 2002 for the PS2) yet also had much better interlaced video and handling of progressive scan... albeit with the caveat that its official component cables were basically unadvertised mail-order items and became rare as fuck. Hell, GCN even had the ability to do digital audio and video, even though nothing official came out that actually did so (that's why people have been able to make plug and play adapters for true HDMI for Gamecube in recent years).