Why don't the Bethesda Fallout worlds have any infrastructure?

Why don't the Bethesda Fallout worlds have any infrastructure?
I enjoy 3 and have a lot of time in 4 but it's always confused me how there's nothing supplying most settlements except for caravans.
Even Elder Scrolls lands tend to have some kind of infrastructure, and New Vegas has quarries and workers scattered about. Is it a result of Bethesda not having the East Coast developed at all?

Attached: 9b7999382f32a40660005bac1d7d7a407f6fd9343de33c290d752010d119a644_product_card_v2_mobile_slider_639.jpg (639x361, 45.31K)

africa doesn't have any infrastructure yet they live and multiply ????

Don't you have to go be a faggot somewhere else?

Bethesda Fallouts would make a lot more sense if they were set 100-150 years earlier.

Don't really understand why they weren't, considering they're on the opposite side of the country. But Bethesda are the ones who decided to put 200 years between Skyrim and Oblivion, so it's no surprise.

what do they drink

ad hominem

They like the idea of people still rebuilding

>rebuilding for 200 years
>not even capital cities can go beyond shitty metal shacks and ruined buildings that are filled with debris

>Why don't the Bethesda Fallout worlds have any infrastructure?
Its almost like the Fallout setting had a hgue atomic war that killed off 99% of the worls population and even 200+ years after the war the largest and most powerful post-war nation, the NCR, only has like 1/10 the population pre-war California did, with most other regions having not even half that same ratio.

Even in New Vegas they mention how the vast majority of the post-war American south west was just tribal groups who had no farms, no roads, no mines, no real language, no nothing, and it took Caesar to make most of it for them.

I want a new rpg like 3 and New Vegas but I don't know what to play because I'm sick of replaying these games even if they're very replayable

That doesnt awnser OPs question at all.

IT does
>why don't settlement have all of this infrastructure
>theres not enough people left in the world to d it in most cases
>THAT DOESNT ANSWER THE QUESTION!

Fallout 2's Vault City.
Fallout 2's NCR locations.
New Vegas' Freeside + The Strip

Fallout has done big locations before. It does make sense for there to be more smaller settlements sporadically laid about, but after 200 years or so it's strange that at least one large-ish society hasn't formed

Why not start the game more earlier if they like the idea of people recovering from a massive atomic war? Fallout 1 was the earliest start we got but it still didn't make sense why everything was so bleak and desolate since like 50 years pass or so. You would be suprised how much and how quick the earth would recover after a nuclear war that would wipe off most people. There would be green land and massive vegetation everywhere

Grit your teeth and try The Frontier or hope to whatever God you believe in that Fallout: London turns out good.

>Fallout 2's Vault City.
>Fallout 2's NCR locations.
Both of these were built using GECKs.
>New Vegas' Freeside + The Strip
Freeside is literally just people squatting in a bunch of run down building ala the rest of Fallout. Diamond City is more developed.

The strip is like 5 buildings Houses army or robots quickly refurbished in short time to exploit the NCR

Same reason Cyberpunk2077 doesn't have any infrastructure.
Its hard to make a simulated dynamic economy and its really hard to program it all to not give some extreme unexpected results while its more cpu intensive as a result than shallow scenery and smoke and mirrors posing as infrastructure.
>mountain you can climb >>> skybox mountain

And Fallout 3 has the excuse that its a post apocalyptic setting where everything was destroyed.

Freeside and the strip only exist because of robert house which should show you how much of a power house he is and how important of a decision to go with him
all the other factions do not create they only destroy or steal

>Fallout 1 was the earliest start we got but it still didn't make sense why everything was so bleak and desolate since like 50 years pass or so.
Fallout isn't based on realism its based on 50's atomic scare, Scifi B movies, and pulp comics, which frequently portrayed atomic war as something that would fuck the Earth for hundreds of years.

Hence nonsensical shit like ghouls, and giant mutant animals.

Then it makes no sense for half of Bethesda's settlements to even exist or for caravans to be able to stay stocked considering half of them are located in places that have no food or water for miles.

Try out the stalker games. Maybe try fo4, while it's gunplay and graphics are better the writing is one of the worst that bethesda had ever shat out since recent date. I would still chose Fallout nv modded anyday over fo4. The shooter looter with some rpg elements genre is very bare. There's only a handful of games I could name that could match that category. Which is a shame since it's probably my favorite genre

A few reasons/excuses
>The east coast specifically DC was bombed much harder than the west, it was irradiated far longer and less people survived overall.
>There was no Mr House figure to protect any part of the east coast, House is partly the reason west recovered and rebuilt much faster.
>There seems to be 10 times as many mutants and ghouls on the east coast, makes it hard to rebuild. Then add in the amount of raiders.

>Then it makes no sense for half of Bethesda's settlements to even exist or for caravans to be able to stay stocked considering half of them are located in places that have no food or water for miles.
Except most places do have food and water since crops are a thing, as are water purifiers.

Bethesda can't write for shit anymore unless they get lucky and faggots like make bad excuses for them to keep being lazy.

>There seems to be 10 times as many mutants and ghouls on the east coast, makes it hard to rebuild. Then add in the amount of raiders.
What the fuck are all these hordes of raiders raiding? It would make more sense the west coast to be plagued by raiders and natives since there is actual civilization there but compared to fo3 that is a proper desolate wasteland that's somehow full of raiders for some reason

>natives
*tribals